Official 2013 World Series Thread - Boston vs. St. Louis

CrazyCarl40

This will be the fourth time these two teams have met for the Champion ship. Sox swept them in 2004, Cardinals beat the Sox in 7 in 1946 and 1967. These were the two best teams in the regular season and I expect a great series. Both have good rotations and solid bullpens and both have top 5 offenses in the regular season. This could go either way, but I'm pulling for the Sox and think they are a team of destiny. I think they win in 6, maybe 7. Home field will have an impact, as will having to sit either Napoli or Papi in St. Louis.  Should be an interesting and fun series.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who cares about the World Series?

It's football season!

Ill-Be-Back.jpg

This is all gravy. 

I thought this would be a .500ish season.

Then thought they were done in Game 2 against Detroit.....and boom!

Again, this is all gravy.  

You sound just like me PFSIKH .  I figured at the start of the season that a .500 season would have been a great improvement and a start in the right direction. This year has been beyond my wildest dreams. They've got great chemistry with this group . This should be a good series with lots of top level pitching on both sides. Can't wait to get it on.

This will be the fourth time these two teams have met for the Champion ship. Sox swept them in 2004, Cardinals beat the Sox in 7 in 1946 and 1967. These were the two best teams in the regular season and I expect a great series. Both have good rotations and solid bullpens and both have top 5 offenses in the regular season. This could go either way, but I'm pulling for the Sox and think they are a team of destiny. I think they win in 6, maybe 7. Home field will have an impact, as will having to sit either Napoli or Papi in St. Louis.  Should be an interesting and fun series.

I hate that aspect of the series. Have it one way or the other with the DH. Having this difference has gone on way too long IMO.

Start in April end in August and end playoffs in September. 120 games would increase attendance and save on injuries.

It would clearly be good for the sport but they're all stubborn about tradition. It's not America's past time anymore. It's football and then everything else, they're never going to compete with it. Even the crappy Giants and Vikings MNF game with their combined 1-10 record is going to easily beat the WS in ratings

It would clearly be good for the sport but their all stubborn about tradition. It's not America's past time anymore. It's football and then everything else, they're never going to compete with it. Even the crappy Giants and Vikings MNF game with their combined 1-10 record is going to easily beat the WS in ratings

World Series starts on Wednesday, but I'd imagine you're right.

In 1986 when the Mets won it all and in 1987 when the Twins did, I started believing in that.  It just seems that some teams have these magical years and that is hard to beat.  Now of course it has more to do with just being really good than anything else.

So I agree with you that it does seem like it is their year (Red Sox).  That said I will be rooting against them every pitch.  :)

Good luck though.

I agree with the baseball hater. They need to shorten the season, I stop caring when good sports start up again

Well obviously they have done the math and the owners feel strongly that they can make more money the way things are right now.

NO ONE CARES!!!!

If your team is playing in the Series you will wtach it. If not, you really don't care. But everyone who is a sports fan will watch every second of the NFL playoffs and probably follow the NBA playoffs even after your team is out.

NO ONE CARES!!!!

The lady doth protest too much, methinks.

If your team is playing in the Series you will wtach it. If not, you really don't care. But everyone who is a sports fan will watch every second of the NFL playoffs and probably follow the NBA playoffs even after your team is out.

I agree upto a point.  I think the only traction the NBA gets is from the stars in the playoffs and there is absolutely nothing else worth watching.

The lady doth protest too much, methinks.

I agree upto a point.  I think the only traction the NBA gets is from the stars in the playoffs and there is absolutely nothing else worth watching.

Fair to say that nationally the NBA is probably more popular than MLB.Sure you could cite statistics about attendance than would say otherwise.  It may not be apparent to people in NYC or Boston, but throughout the rest of the country it's true.

Fair to say that nationally the NBA is probably more popular than MLB.Sure you could cite statistics about attendance than would say otherwise.  It may not be apparent to people in NYC or Boston, but throughout the rest of the country it's true.

The NBA is borderline unwatchable. I'd rather watch college hoops. I watched a little of the NBA Finals because I was hopin LeBron would lose.

The NBA is borderline unwatchable. I'd rather watch college hoops. I watched a little of the NBA Finals because I was hopin LeBron would lose.

Borderline? How can anybody watch a minute of that mess? I'd rather watch the Taliban-Cardinals series any day and I only got about five innings deep in that before changing the channel.

Borderline? How can anybody watch a minute of that mess? I'd rather watch the Taliban-Cardinals series any day and I only got about five innings deep in that before changing the channel.

True of a regular season NBA game. But you can watch 2 hours of an NBA playoff game; it's a good show. 3.5 hours of postseason baseball unless your team is in it is tedious. 

Couldn't disagree more. Every place I've worked with one or two exceptions nobody will sit there and actually watch a game. With perhaps the exception of the last 3 minutes of a Laker playoff game, which will take an average of a half hour, will I even watch. It's basically unwatchable.

Couldn't disagree more. Every place I've worked with one or two exceptions nobody will sit there and actually watch a game. With perhaps the exception of the last 3 minutes of a Laker playoff game, which will take an average of a half hour, will I even watch. It's basically unwatchable.

I disagree with you both.  :)

I have been to four corners of the US and it has been my experience that popularity of any sport not named football depends on the pro or college sports available.

In Kansas, they rarely talked about NBA.   It was Chiefs, Big 10 BB, Big 10 Football and then the Royals.

Here  in the greater Nashville metropolis, it is SEC football, NFL, HS Football, "yeah we have a hockey team called the Predators" and cursory attention to SEC BB, MLB and NBA.   I imagine the close you get to Memphis the mor epopular the NBA gets.

Archived