So much for the myth...

stoicsentry

that Rex's defense never shows up when it matters most. Holding Brady to a FG to end regulation when Brady is practically a sure thing in those situations...

Then giving up only 1 1st down in OT before forcing a punt...

2 times in a row, Rex's defense showed up against a legendary QB when it mattered most.

that Rex's defense never shows up when it matters most. Holding Brady to a FG to end regulation when Brady is practically a sure thing in those situations...

2 times in a row, Rex's defense showed up against a legendary QB when it mattered most.

LOST TWO AFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAMES IN A ROW 2 OUT OF HIS FIRST 3 YEARS!!! I remember that too lol

LOL, a truly vaunted D doesn't allow the game tying FG.

We damn near robbed ourselves of this win. The half time adjustments we made were some of the best ive seen from Rex in 4 years. Still, you don't give the ball back and allow them to tie it up. Not if your MO is defense.

LOL, a truly vaunted D doesn't allow the game tying FG.

We damn near robbed ourselves of this win. The half time adjustments we made were some of the best ive seen from Rex in 4 years. Still, you don't give the ball back and allow them to tie it up. Not if your MO is defense.

You win on a bad call, you put it in your pocket and shut up.

Not according to this guy...

Seriously. I actually expected an implosion, or more to the point I expected a traditional Brady game winning drive. When Brady got the ball back with over 2 minutes and 3 TO's, I'd have bitten your hand off to have the ball back in Geno's hands needing just a FG. Incredibly impressive stop in overtime with the Pats having momentum. 

Rex is good at what he does. He made adjustments at halftime and the unit took over the game. Haters, accept it.

So like I thought you post your horsesh*t and run away and cant defend it :)

Do you really write for this site?

Jets defense played reall well in the 3rd quarter, but once again played soft on the final drive

Hill pushed off. Don't be That Guy.

Not trolling you at all here, I don't believe he did enough to warrant the flag. It was more of a hand-check, his elbows were still bent. The defender flailed like Reggie ******* Miller.

Either way, we won. It don't matter. It's not as if the call that helped us get the win was a phantom, it happened, it's just a rarely seen call.

I don't care. We beat New England, and we reached our "ceiling" of 4 wins before the half-way point of the season. Not bad. Erratic, and at times dumb and ugly, but not bad.

All things being equal, a healthy Gronk makes that catch.

Holding the Pats to -6 total yards in the third quarter is a major reason we were even in that position at the end so....

That would be better said than the almost debacle at end game. I'm a big Rex supporter but let's get real here. That 3rd quarter scared Brady straight into pussyville for just about the rest of the game. He was looking to get the ball out of his hands too quickly it seemed throughout. That front is just awesome to watch. 

This is one of those, we won so everything's good, threads, isn't it? 

Yes and no. Yes, because we beat a team with a lot more talent than us---and that team also happens to be our division leader.

No because it was by no means a perfect game, it was ugly at times. But with regards to the defense "breaking down", I would not trust any defense to stop Tom Brady at the end of the game with a chance to win. It's almost a given that he'll win those games. So to stop him? Yeah, big deal IMO.

if tome brady had any semblance of a real nfl offense around him we would have lost this game big time. lets not act like they just stopped the greatest show on turf

Meh......slight overthrow of Grokonski or we give up the go ahead TD.  Great defenses don't give up the FG either.

Brady is great but did anyone honestly think we were not going to OT at the very least?

Rex gets gun shy trying to hold one score leads late.

Yes, that was a total team win. Only thing that's concerning is that was the Pats B team.

Not trying to turn this into a whole big thing but I have to say im ******* tired of these kind of statements. The week before we play them, every team is playing great but then once we beat them it "oh but they kinda suck" haha

You can say this about almost every ******* team this year except the Broncos. Its tiring hearing this. Last week when Pats beat the Saints ppl couldnt say enough about them...now we win and its the B team? Lol Funny.

Yes and no. Yes, because we beat a team with a lot more talent than us---and that team also happens to be our division leader.

No because it was by no means a perfect game, it was ugly at times. But with regards to the defense "breaking down", I would not trust any defense to stop Tom Brady at the end of the game with a chance to win. It's almost a given that he'll win those games. So to stop him? Yeah, big deal IMO.

Rex deserves enormous credit for the win today...but why are you pointing to the part where they let Brady drive down the field at will to set up the FG to put the game into OT? 

Archived