once again the vaunted defense fails to make the needed stop in the 4th quarter

neckdemon

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They held them to a FG and won in OT.    Holding Brady to  0 TD passes is kind of impressive.  That's been done once(twice now) in like 4 years or something.  It would have been nice if they didn't allow that FG, but at the end of the day, allowing only  a FG to tie it beats allowing a game winning TD

To be fair, when was the last time Tom Brady engineered a game winning drive in crunch time? :winking0001:

idc. i'm just sick of watching our defense give up the score. i am sitting here watching with my father-in-law and say......watch the pats will get the fg at least. and he says you think? and i say yeah i been watching the jets too long. and what happens? they give it up just like that and he says...wow you were right.

They held them to a FG and won in OT.    Holding Brady to  0 TD passes is kind of impressive.  That's been done once(twice now) in like 4 years or something.  It would have been nice if they didn't allow that FG, but at the end of the day, allowing only  a FG to tie it beats allowing a game winning TD

if it weren't a disturbing habit of rex's defense since he became the jets coach i wouldnt say anything. but this has been happening for years

td passes or rushing tds count the same. and the pats scored a few td's......and brady led those drives so we didnt hold the pats to 0 td's.

They only rushed 3 guys on that drive and they went right down the field lol at prevent defenses VAUNTED!

Tom Brady:  22/46, 228 yds, 0 TD's, 1 INT (2 fumbles, both recovered), 4 sacks.  Got the stop in overtime when needed.  And that on a day when he finally got his favorite target back in Gronk (who looked quite good and healthy when he wasn't getting locked down by Antonio Allen).

What the hell do you have to complain about today, exactly?  

What you're really trying to say is "OH EM GEE, I CAN'T COMPLAIN THAT REX BLEW THE GAME SO I'LL BITCH ABOUT SOMETHING ELSE WAH WAH WAH"

And you go right ahead.  The rest of us will enjoy our win, 4th quarter FG, never before seen penalty on the Pats and all :D

Huh?

I swear, some of you guys are hysterical. They held Brady to no Tds and got a stop in OT.

CASE CLOSED.

the pats didnt score any offensive tds? i'm not saying i'm pissed about the games outcome. i'm saying, with all the resources we've put into this defense.......it's been a disturbing thing to watch tyhem give up the tying or winning score late in the 4th quarter again and again and again and again

Tom Brady:  22/46, 228 yds, 0 TD's, 1 INT (2 fumbles, both recovered), 4 sacks.  Got the stop in overtime when needed.  And that on a day when he finally got his favorite target back in Gronk (who looked quite good and healthy when he wasn't getting locked down by Antonio Allen).

In the words of Rick Grimes, "Things"

Also possible: "stuff"

the pats didnt score any offensive tds? i'm not saying i'm pissed about the games outcome. i'm saying, with all the resources we've put into this defense.......it's been a disturbing thing to watch tyhem give up the tying or winning score late in the 4th quarter again and again and again and again

Brady had no passing TDs. TOM BRADY had no passing TDs. You got to be kidding me with this thread today.

Im impressed they held them to only a FG at the end of 4th. They had -6 total yds midway thru 3rd in 2nd half. Please stop man.

there were no fumble recoveries today

They only rushed 3 guys on that drive and they went right down the field lol at prevent defenses VAUNTED!

Meh. And if he got burned on a blitz, we'd be hearing about that.

They focused on stopping the big play -the game winning TD- and they did so. Then they stopped Brady in overtime and won the game. Really not bad considering the talent he has to work with in the secondary.

I thought they lost the game when they lost the toss, but that wound up working in their favor.

Meh. And if he got burned on a blitz, we'd be hearing about that.

They focused on stopping the big play -the game winning TD- and they did so. Then they stopped Brady in overtime and won the game. Really not bad considering the talent he has to work with in the secondary.

I thought they lost the game when they lost the toss, but that wound up working in their favor.

Nah, I have never ever bitched about them blitzing , so meh yourself. I have ALWAYS hated the prevent defense.

Was thinking about this.  Unless you don't trust your defense at all, the new OT rules make me think getting the ball 2nd is the right idea.  Of course, you can't actually do that, because it gets you fired as a coach if they get the TD, but I'm not sure it isn't the right strategy.

Brady had no passing TDs. TOM BRADY had no passing TDs. You got to be kidding me with this thread today.

Im impressed they held them to only a FG at the end of 4th. They had -6 total yds midway thru 3rd in 2nd half. Please stop man.

oh i didnt realize that tom brady was on the sidelines during the td scoring drives

GFY, I watched the game too.  2 fumbles forced, well aware they were both recovered by the offense. Recoveries are usually luck, so forcing them is a good sign.

Getting a little testy, arent you? Oh thats right Rex's balls are on your chin. my bad :)

oh i didnt realize that tom brady was on the sidelines during the td scoring drives

Wow lol really? Whatever man. Of you cant appreciate that they held Brady to no passing TDs and got a stop in OT then I dunno what to tell you.

Go cry into your beer.

GFY, I watched the game too.  2 fumbles forced, well aware they were both recovered by the offense. Recoveries are usually luck, so forcing them is a good sign.

go **** myself? lol. someone is taking this a little too hard. would you like a tissue and a tampon to plug ur hurt vagina?

Nah, I have never ever bitched about them blitzing , so meh yourself. I have ALWAYS hated the prevent defense.

No one likes the prevent defense. Rex probably hates it more than you - but it worked. Oh well.

go **** myself? lol. someone is taking this a little too hard. would you like a tissue and a tampon to plug ur hurt vagina?

We won.  Largely on the back of a defense that nearly held the Pats to negative yardage in the 3rd quarter (and scored on a pick 6), then got the needed stop in OT.  This thread is absolutely pathetic.

Wow lol really? Whatever man. Of you cant appreciate that they held Brady to no passing TDs and got a stop in OT then I dunno what to tell you.

Go cry into your beer.

why would i cry? i'm happy they won. i'm annoyed that the defense almost never seems to be bale to get the one big stop late in the game to seal the win

Just holding Brady to a FG at the end of regulation was a victory, IMO. How many times have we seen Brady put up a touchdown in a 2 minute drill like that at the end of a game? It's practically a fait accompli against ANY team.

Also, you must have missed Brady's first possession in overtime. What did they give up then? 11 yards? LOL

Why the hell hasn't Antonio Allen been playing the way he played today, or been on the field to show he can play that way?  That is my one complaint about today lol.

Was thinking about this.  Unless you don't trust your defense at all, the new OT rules make me think getting the ball 2nd is the right idea.  Of course, you can't actually do that, because it gets you fired as a coach if they get the TD, but I'm not sure it isn't the right strategy.

Yeah, the new OT rules make the game a little bit more like the college OT system.  For once I think the NFL has gotten something right with recent rule changes.  Teams might well start taking the ball 2nd, or at least have to THINK about it.

We beat the division-leading Patriots in an overtime game that we never win, ever.

Things that are usually complained about by Jets fans on here:

Rex and his defense can't stop anyone on 3rd down? Pats went 1-12

Rex and his defense can't make adjustments at halftime? Defense looks completely different, allowing -6 yards for almost the 3rd quarter and allowing them to score 6 points all 2nd half.

Rex and his defense overload blitz too predictably on 3rd downs and end of games? We drop more into coverage than all year.

Obviously you want to see them not allow that field goal to send it to over time, but the defense had a pretty darn good game. Maybe it's because I don't expect them to be lights out or put them on a pedestal, but I'm able to give recognition when it's due and they deserve it today. I'm also not entirely sure of who really is calling this defense great, or if it's just a strawman used to tear down rex.

To be fair, when was the last time Tom Brady engineered a game winning drive in crunch time? :winking0001:

idc. i'm just sick of watching our defense give up the score. i am sitting here watching with my father-in-law and say......watch the pats will get the fg at least. and he says you think? and i say yeah i been watching the jets too long. and what happens? they give it up just like that and he says...wow you were right.

last week vs the Saints

Archived