110 replies to this topic

#1 neckdemon

neckdemon

Franchise Player

• Members
  • 7,666 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 20 October 2013 - 03:54 PM

good defense will never be great if they keep up this inexplicable habit of sh*tting the bed when it matters most

#2 AirForceJetFan

AirForceJetFan

Veteran

• Members
  • 7,030 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 03:55 PM

To be fair, when was the last time Tom Brady engineered a game winning drive in crunch time? :winking0001:

#3 pedro55

pedro55

2nd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 1,543 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 03:57 PM

They held them to a FG and won in OT.    Holding Brady to  0 TD passes is kind of impressive.  That's been done once(twice now) in like 4 years or something.  It would have been nice if they didn't allow that FG, but at the end of the day, allowing only  a FG to tie it beats allowing a game winning TD

Edited by pedro55, 20 October 2013 - 03:57 PM.

#4 neckdemon

neckdemon

Franchise Player

• Members
  • 7,666 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 20 October 2013 - 03:57 PM

To be fair, when was the last time Tom Brady engineered a game winning drive in crunch time? :winking0001:

idc. i'm just sick of watching our defense give up the score. i am sitting here watching with my father-in-law and say......watch the pats will get the fg at least. and he says you think? and i say yeah i been watching the jets too long. and what happens? they give it up just like that and he says...wow you were right.

#5 BP

BP

• Members
  • 20,837 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 03:58 PM

They only rushed 3 guys on that drive and they went right down the field lol at prevent defenses VAUNTED!

#6 neckdemon

neckdemon

Franchise Player

• Members
  • 7,666 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 20 October 2013 - 03:58 PM

They held them to a FG and won in OT.    Holding Brady to  0 TD passes is kind of impressive.  That's been done once(twice now) in like 4 years or something.  It would have been nice if they didn't allow that FG, but at the end of the day, allowing only  a FG to tie it beats allowing a game winning TD

if it weren't a disturbing habit of rex's defense since he became the jets coach i wouldnt say anything. but this has been happening for years

#7 neckdemon

neckdemon

Franchise Player

• Members
  • 7,666 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 20 October 2013 - 04:00 PM

td passes or rushing tds count the same. and the pats scored a few td's......and brady led those drives so we didnt hold the pats to 0 td's.

#8 sh4dy15

sh4dy15

2nd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 1,348 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 04:00 PM

Huh?

I swear, some of you guys are hysterical. They held Brady to no Tds and got a stop in OT.

CASE CLOSED.

#9 gEYno

gEYno

2013-2014 JN Captain

• Members
  • 17,120 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 04:01 PM

This defense is far from vaunted.  It's not as good as it should be based on what we've done in the draft.  But, the defense, in it's entirety, had a solid game today.  Especially in the 2nd half.

Posted Image

#10 Jetsfan80

Jetsfan80

Hall Of Famer

• Members
  • 45,699 posts

They only rushed 3 guys on that drive and they went right down the field lol at prevent defenses VAUNTED!

Tom Brady:  22/46, 228 yds, 0 TD's, 1 INT (2 fumbles, both recovered), 4 sacks.  Got the stop in overtime when needed.  And that on a day when he finally got his favorite target back in Gronk (who looked quite good and healthy when he wasn't getting locked down by Antonio Allen).

What the hell do you have to complain about today, exactly?  

Edited by Jetsfan80, 20 October 2013 - 04:02 PM.

sheesh, I'm a doosh.

#11 AVM

AVM

Anti Vick Militia President/Owner

• Members
  • 11,380 posts

What you're really trying to say is "OH EM GEE, I CAN'T COMPLAIN THAT REX BLEW THE GAME SO I'LL BITCH ABOUT SOMETHING ELSE WAH WAH WAH"

And you go right ahead.  The rest of us will enjoy our win, 4th quarter FG, never before seen penalty on the Pats and all :D

Insert witty comment here

#12 mike

mike

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 04:02 PM

I kno Great win how many more do we have to win to change your pic? lol

#13 neckdemon

neckdemon

Franchise Player

• Members
  • 7,666 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 20 October 2013 - 04:03 PM

Huh?

I swear, some of you guys are hysterical. They held Brady to no Tds and got a stop in OT.

CASE CLOSED.

the pats didnt score any offensive tds? i'm not saying i'm pissed about the games outcome. i'm saying, with all the resources we've put into this defense.......it's been a disturbing thing to watch tyhem give up the tying or winning score late in the 4th quarter again and again and again and again

#14 AVM

AVM

Anti Vick Militia President/Owner

• Members
  • 11,380 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 04:04 PM

Tom Brady:  22/46, 228 yds, 0 TD's, 1 INT (2 fumbles, both recovered), 4 sacks.  Got the stop in overtime when needed.  And that on a day when he finally got his favorite target back in Gronk (who looked quite good and healthy when he wasn't getting locked down by Antonio Allen).

In the words of Rick Grimes, "Things"

Also possible: "stuff"

Insert witty comment here

#15 sh4dy15

sh4dy15

2nd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 1,348 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 04:05 PM

the pats didnt score any offensive tds? i'm not saying i'm pissed about the games outcome. i'm saying, with all the resources we've put into this defense.......it's been a disturbing thing to watch tyhem give up the tying or winning score late in the 4th quarter again and again and again and again

Brady had no passing TDs. TOM BRADY had no passing TDs. You got to be kidding me with this thread today.

Im impressed they held them to only a FG at the end of 4th. They had -6 total yds midway thru 3rd in 2nd half. Please stop man.

Edited by sh4dy15, 20 October 2013 - 04:06 PM.

#16 neckdemon

neckdemon

Franchise Player

• Members
  • 7,666 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 20 October 2013 - 04:05 PM

there were no fumble recoveries today

#17 slats

slats

9 5/8" hands

• Moderators
  • 18,797 posts
  • LocationAcross the Universe

Posted 20 October 2013 - 04:06 PM

Meh. And if he got burned on a blitz, we'd be hearing about that.

They focused on stopping the big play -the game winning TD- and they did so. Then they stopped Brady in overtime and won the game. Really not bad considering the talent he has to work with in the secondary.

I thought they lost the game when they lost the toss, but that wound up working in their favor.
back in my room
wish you were dead
you bawl like the baby
in Eraserhead

#18 Jetsfan80

Jetsfan80

Hall Of Famer

• Members
  • 45,699 posts

there were no fumble recoveries today

GFY, I watched the game too.  2 fumbles forced, well aware they were both recovered by the offense. Recoveries are usually luck, so forcing them is a good sign.

Edited by Jetsfan80, 20 October 2013 - 04:06 PM.

sheesh, I'm a doosh.

#19 flgreen

flgreen

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 16,607 posts

They looked OK in OT no

#20 BP

BP

• Members
  • 20,837 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 04:07 PM

Meh. And if he got burned on a blitz, we'd be hearing about that.

They focused on stopping the big play -the game winning TD- and they did so. Then they stopped Brady in overtime and won the game. Really not bad considering the talent he has to work with in the secondary.

I thought they lost the game when they lost the toss, but that wound up working in their favor.

Nah, I have never ever bitched about them blitzing , so meh yourself. I have ALWAYS hated the prevent defense.

#21 gEYno

gEYno

2013-2014 JN Captain

• Members
  • 17,120 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 04:07 PM

Was thinking about this.  Unless you don't trust your defense at all, the new OT rules make me think getting the ball 2nd is the right idea.  Of course, you can't actually do that, because it gets you fired as a coach if they get the TD, but I'm not sure it isn't the right strategy.

Posted Image

#22 neckdemon

neckdemon

Franchise Player

• Members
  • 7,666 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 20 October 2013 - 04:08 PM

Brady had no passing TDs. TOM BRADY had no passing TDs. You got to be kidding me with this thread today.

Im impressed they held them to only a FG at the end of 4th. They had -6 total yds midway thru 3rd in 2nd half. Please stop man.

oh i didnt realize that tom brady was on the sidelines during the td scoring drives

#23 BP

BP

• Members
  • 20,837 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 04:08 PM

GFY, I watched the game too.  2 fumbles forced, well aware they were both recovered by the offense. Recoveries are usually luck, so forcing them is a good sign.

Getting a little testy, arent you? Oh thats right Rex's balls are on your chin. my bad :)

#24 sh4dy15

sh4dy15

2nd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 1,348 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 04:09 PM

oh i didnt realize that tom brady was on the sidelines during the td scoring drives

Wow lol really? Whatever man. Of you cant appreciate that they held Brady to no passing TDs and got a stop in OT then I dunno what to tell you.

Go cry into your beer.

#25 neckdemon

neckdemon

Franchise Player

• Members
  • 7,666 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 20 October 2013 - 04:11 PM

go **** myself? lol. someone is taking this a little too hard. would you like a tissue and a tampon to plug ur hurt vagina?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users