once again the vaunted defense fails to make the needed stop in the 4th quarter

neckdemon

so i'm guessing by all the reactions herew every one of you were saying to yourselves "thank god they gave up that field goal just now!!!!!"

Actually, yes, I was.  Like I said above.  Brady with that much time and all his timeouts plus the 2 minute warning.  He's going to get that almost every single time.  Not letting them get in the endzone like this did last week, was a win.  Forcing OT and making that monster 3rd down stop was huge. 

Brady has 2 chances to win the game with the ball in his hands and the Patriots don't win the game = success.

That's really all that needs to be said. 

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Best post in this thread.  Spot on.  They were beastly on 3rd down. 

This is second time this season they held Brady to under %50 completions.  That's impressive.  Especially for a team that was predicted to be dog sh*t. Nobody was calling this D "vaunted" they were calling this team a 1st or 2nd overall pick type defense.  

They played great.  In nowadays NFL, its extremely hard to keep an offense from getting in field goal range with 3 times outs and a little over 2 minutes, especially Tom Brady.  Holding them to the FG, forcing OT, stopping them and giving the offense the ball...these are actually good things. 

What about the penalties and 12 men on the field in important situation? oh wait, thats not positive I hate the Jets and want Rex fired!

I can't tell if this thread is serious or if it's trolling.

The defense played great today, Patriots were 1/12 on 3rd down and were kept out of the end zone at the most critical moments. You can't expect to force punts on every possession, and I put a lot of blame on the offense for even allowing the defense to be put in the position of having to hold back Brady on two consecutive series. You're basically playing on half a field, demanding your defense not let the opponent get to the 30 or so when they start at the 20 or whatever; defense should have never even been in that position. If the refs don't call that bogus penalty on the Hill touchdown, the Jets win comfortably in my opinion, and later on, if Cumberland just holds onto the ball the game is essentially over at 27-24.

Archived