•  

Welcome to JetNation.com

Sign In  Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter

Create Account
Welcome to JetNation.com, your home for New York Jets talk. We are an independent site, which means we aren't affiliated with the NY Jets or SNY. The opinions here are never censored. We want you to join in on the conversation, but don't worry this is a simple and FREE process. Be apart of JetNation.com by signing in or creating an account. When you create an account, you can also opt to use your existing Facebook or Twitter login.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
Also be sure to check us out on Facebook and Twitter.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

once again the vaunted defense fails to make the needed stop in the 4th quarter

• Please log in to reply
110 replies to this topic

#101 joewilly12

joewilly12

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 3,465 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 07:00 PM

ur right. everyhting is great, we just beat the best team in the league and we might be going to the superbowl

Super Bowl

#102 stoicsentry

stoicsentry

Not Really Stoic

• Writers \ Bloggers
  • 8,869 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 07:08 PM

ur right. everyhting is great, we just beat the best team in the league and we might be going to the superbowl

Steelers fans: team 0-4 on the season? Go on the road and occupy the Jets stadium.

Jets fans: team 4-3 on the season? Wahhh they're not going to the Superbowl this year wahhhh.

#103 neckdemon

neckdemon

Franchise Player

• Members
  • 7,994 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 20 October 2013 - 07:14 PM

Steelers fans: team 0-4 on the season? Go on the road and occupy the Jets stadium.

Jets fans: team 4-3 on the season? Wahhh they're not going to the Superbowl this year wahhhh.

i'm actually pleasantly surprised by the teams overall performance this year. that doesn't mean i can't criticize an aspect of the game where the team has consistently failed though, does it?

#104 JiF

JiF

Say yer prayers Varmint!

• Members
  • 38,352 posts
  • LocationSomewhere between Heaven and Hell

Posted 20 October 2013 - 07:23 PM

We beat the division-leading Patriots in an overtime game that we never win, ever.

Things that are usually complained about by Jets fans on here:

Rex and his defense can't stop anyone on 3rd down? Pats went 1-12

Rex and his defense can't make adjustments at halftime? Defense looks completely different, allowing -6 yards for almost the 3rd quarter and allowing them to score 6 points all 2nd half.

Rex and his defense overload blitz too predictably on 3rd downs and end of games? We drop more into coverage than all year.

Obviously you want to see them not allow that field goal to send it to over time, but the defense had a pretty darn good game. Maybe it's because I don't expect them to be lights out or put them on a pedestal, but I'm able to give recognition when it's due and they deserve it today. I'm also not entirely sure of who really is calling this defense great, or if it's just a strawman used to tear down rex.

Best post in this thread.  Spot on.  They were beastly on 3rd down. 

This is second time this season they held Brady to under %50 completions.  That's impressive.  Especially for a team that was predicted to be dog sh*t. Nobody was calling this D "vaunted" they were calling this team a 1st or 2nd overall pick type defense.  

They played great.  In nowadays NFL, its extremely hard to keep an offense from getting in field goal range with 3 times outs and a little over 2 minutes, especially Tom Brady.  Holding them to the FG, forcing OT, stopping them and giving the offense the ball...these are actually good things. 

Posted Image

#105 BP

BP

• Members
  • 21,582 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 07:24 PM

i'm actually pleasantly surprised by the teams overall performance this year. that doesn't mean i can't criticize an aspect of the game where the team has consistently failed though, does it?

He has butterflies floating out of his ass and spins positive on a 6-10 season dude. lol dont waste your time. he also believes in flying pigs and unicorns.

Larz, on 07 Sept 2014 - 6:38 PM, said: I just can't let hypocrisy go unchallenged

#106 JiF

JiF

Say yer prayers Varmint!

• Members
  • 38,352 posts
  • LocationSomewhere between Heaven and Hell

Posted 20 October 2013 - 07:26 PM

so i'm guessing by all the reactions herew every one of you were saying to yourselves "thank god they gave up that field goal just now!!!!!"

Actually, yes, I was.  Like I said above.  Brady with that much time and all his timeouts plus the 2 minute warning.  He's going to get that almost every single time.  Not letting them get in the endzone like this did last week, was a win.  Forcing OT and making that monster 3rd down stop was huge. 

Brady has 2 chances to win the game with the ball in his hands and the Patriots don't win the game = success.

That's really all that needs to be said. 

Posted Image

#107 BP

BP

• Members
  • 21,582 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 07:26 PM

Best post in this thread.  Spot on.  They were beastly on 3rd down. 

This is second time this season they held Brady to under %50 completions.  That's impressive.  Especially for a team that was predicted to be dog sh*t. Nobody was calling this D "vaunted" they were calling this team a 1st or 2nd overall pick type defense.  

They played great.  In nowadays NFL, its extremely hard to keep an offense from getting in field goal range with 3 times outs and a little over 2 minutes, especially Tom Brady.  Holding them to the FG, forcing OT, stopping them and giving the offense the ball...these are actually good things. 

What about the penalties and 12 men on the field in important situation? oh wait, thats not positive I hate the Jets and want Rex fired!

Larz, on 07 Sept 2014 - 6:38 PM, said: I just can't let hypocrisy go unchallenged

#108 stoicsentry

stoicsentry

Not Really Stoic

• Writers \ Bloggers
  • 8,869 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 07:28 PM

Got much less of a problem with you on this issue than some of the others...

#109 jetsjetsjetss

jetsjetsjetss

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 2,666 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 07:31 PM

new headline

Jets D stops brady when it matters most in overtime

#110 BP

BP

• Members
  • 21,582 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 07:32 PM

Got much less of a problem with you on this issue than some of the others...

You talking to me?

robert-de-niro-actor-cover.jpg

Oh wait Im on your ignore list lol

#111 Jettington

Jettington

Rookie Free Agent

• Members
  • 524 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 09:23 PM

I can't tell if this thread is serious or if it's trolling.

The defense played great today, Patriots were 1/12 on 3rd down and were kept out of the end zone at the most critical moments. You can't expect to force punts on every possession, and I put a lot of blame on the offense for even allowing the defense to be put in the position of having to hold back Brady on two consecutive series. You're basically playing on half a field, demanding your defense not let the opponent get to the 30 or so when they start at the 20 or whatever; defense should have never even been in that position. If the refs don't call that bogus penalty on the Hill touchdown, the Jets win comfortably in my opinion, and later on, if Cumberland just holds onto the ball the game is essentially over at 27-24.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users