Powell?

TampaJet

Power, quickness and making people miss at the second level...Ivory offers more.

I know you dont see many of those guys at ND ...but..you need that type of talent.

I'm not sure what ND has to do with this at all, you're just taking an unnecessary cheap shot because you're wrong.

Powell is just as powerful, just as quick an actually gets to the second level. Ivory hardly ever does, as indicated by his ypc average.

Power, quickness and making people miss at the second level...Ivory offers more.

I know you dont see many of those guys at ND ...but..you need that type of talent.

Yeah because getting 100 yards on 34 Carries today with half the Pats defense out showed what exactly?     It's a nice stat to kill a clock and keep the ball, but that's Shonne Greene type of numbers and nobody thought much of him.

Yeah because getting 100 yards on 34 Carries today with half the Pats defense out showed what exactly?     It's a nice stat to kill a clock and keep the ball, but that's Shonne Greene type of numbers and nobody thought much of him.

Our interior run blocking is terrible. Ivory has the ability to score every time he touches it...not sure what you guys expect. I like Powell too but we dont have a Barry Sanders here.

I'm not sure if you've seen the Pats defense play since Wilfork went out, but they hardly lose a beat. Mayo was actually playing at a negative grade according to PFF and hightower and collins are more than capable of picking up the slack; not to mention, Spikes might be the best run-stopping ILB in the entire NFL. Guy has made about 15 stops at or behind the line of scrimmage over the last few weeks.  The way they struggle is that those guys can't cover for sh*t and if we could have utilized the Cumberland mistmatch a bit more, it would have been quite evident.  What Ivory did, especially on a lot of guaranteed run-downs was pretty awesome.  I love powell as much as anyone here, but Ivory is the more gifted runner.  

If Ivory was better than Powell, why is Powell the starter?

If Ivory was so good, why did the Saints let him go for a 4th?

1. Should maybe have stated Powell was the starter.

2. I guess they figured they didnt need to keep and pay Sproles, Ingram, Thomas, and Ivory. Makes sense to me.

I love Powell too - but Ivory will get us more points

Powell was nursing a shoulder injury all week so it might have gave him some problems running in between the tackles. 

Chris Ivory was a beast today, just look at the final game winning drive for the Jets. He had the ball the entire drive

http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/playbyplay?gameId=331020020&period=5

+1

I was just going to post this.  Powell hurt his neck or shoulder against the Steelers.  He practice all week, but with Ivory running okay there wasn't much reason to go back and Powell wasn't getting much done.

I'm not sure what ND has to do with this at all, you're just taking an unnecessary cheap shot because you're wrong.

Powell is just as powerful, just as quick an actually gets to the second level. Ivory hardly ever does, as indicated by his ypc average.

I like Powell but lets be honest here he's not nearly as powerful and he's not as quick. Only rap I have on Ivory is when he gets to the second level sometimes he does not try an make someone miss he looks like he's attracted by the contact. I think he can get more yards if he does not always stick his head in there. The guy simply loves contact

Up to this point, Powell has shown he is the better back.  Not sure where he disappeared to today but ivory still got the job done.  What frustrated me thou with Ivory is he clearly likes contact and loses out on extra yardage bc of it.   

This.  You guys are all saying Ivory is so great and gets us points... what points has he gotten us so far?  I feel Powell gets at least a yard more on the same runs.  Ivory falls down too much.

I like Ivory n all, but after watching Powell the first 6 weeks, I cant help but think how much more he would have done with all those carries Ivory got.....especially the ones where Ivory got to the second level and just put his head down to try n run thru the guy.  Powell would have ran by them easily showing his past success so far this season.  

Interior run blocking has got to improve. 

It's not all the blocking.   Teams are putting a lot of players in the box and challenging Smith to throw.  Particularly in the red zone where they have the back of the endzone to prevent  a long bomb.

That will stop when Smith stops throwing picks in the red zone

Ivory is better and should get the ball more

Really?  Not so sure about that.  Powell seems to be much more versatile with a lot more wiggle.  Ivory is a dancer.  Yeah, he runs violent once he gets a had of steam but he's a dancer.  Lots of wasted steps with this guy and often trips over his own feet.  He cant make people miss at all, he can break tackles but he certainly doesnt make anyone miss with moves.  If there is nothing there, he's not making anything the way Powell can. That and he looks like someone is throwing a grenade to him when the ball goes his way in the air. Clueless and lost out of the backfield.  Plus, he makes me nervous as hell the way he holds the ball battling for extra yards that he rarely gets. 

For someone who hates Trent Richardson and hated Shonn Greene, I'm not sure what you're seeing with Ivory.  He's really not impressive in the slightest bit.  He had a couple of nice bounces outside yesterday but that was it.  He's a take what the line gives you type back. 

Really?  Not so sure about that.  Powell seems to be much more versatile with a lot more wiggle.  Ivory is a dancer.  Yeah, he runs violent once he gets a had of steam but he's a dancer.  Lots of wasted steps with this guy and often trips over his own feet.  He cant make people miss at all, he can break tackles but he certainly doesnt make anyone miss with moves.  If there is nothing there, he's not making anything the way Powell can. That and he looks like someone is throwing a grenade to him when the ball goes his way in the air. Clueless and lost out of the backfield.  Plus, he makes me nervous as hell the way he holds the ball battling for extra yards that he rarely gets. 

For someone who hates Trent Richardson and hated Shonn Greene, I'm not sure what you're seeing with Ivory.  He's really not impressive in the slightest bit.  He had a couple of nice bounces outside yesterday but that was it.  He's a take what the line gives you type back. 

Every linemen graded negatively in the run game yesterday. Pull up his Saints games, the guy clearly has ability. He's got a burst Powell just doesnt have....

He'll get going if he continues to get the rock. 

Trent Richardson is a bust. He's just not a good player. 

Every linemen graded negatively in the run game yesterday. Pull up his Saints games, the guy clearly has ability. He's got a burst Powell just doesnt have....

He'll get going if he continues to get the rock. 

Trent Richardson is a bust. He's just not a good player. 

Khiry Robinson is the new Ivory down there.  Did the same thing that Ivory did.  Came in, went mental, just like every Saints RB.  I dont put a lot of stock into what he did on a high powered offense like that.

Ivory has been very unimpressive IMO.  He reminds me of Trent Richardson which I why I'm shocked at your admiration for him  

Khiry Robinson is the new Ivory down there.  Did the same thing that Ivory did.  Came in, went mental, just like every Saints RB.  I dont put a lot of stock into what he did on a high powered offense like that.

Ivory has been very unimpressive IMO.  He reminds me of Trent Richardson which I why I'm shocked at your admiration for him  

Ivory's barely gotten the ball since yesterdays game. I don't think he's all world, but as an early down back I prefer him over Powell. He's gets yards after contact and has enough wiggle to make people miss. The run blocking yesterday was poor and has been for most of the season. He's shown he can score from everywhere on the field too. 3rd down, with Goodson gone...Powell's the guy. Im sure it will be more rotational going forward anyways.

Robinson's had one good game.

Archived