Dan Dierdorf's brilliance...

Freemanm

One of the many insightful comments by Dan Dierdorf during today's game: "If (the Patriots' RB)  Ridley didn't get tripped up by Wilkerson, he would have gotten more yards."

Gee, thanks Dan. What was really odd to me was how Dierdorf spent the entire game talking about how the Pats' Jerod Mayo was injured, and it seemed like every single play the Jets got yards, Dierdorf would go on some practically homo-erotic rant about how great Mayo is and about how the Jets wouldn't have made that play if Mayo were playing. What a crock. Mayo played in game two, and the Patriots only won by a field goal and a few Geno turnovers.

Mayo, while a key player in many aspects of the game, has by all advanced stats (if you put stock into that) having a down year.  Hightower is fully capable of taking over for Mayo in every aspect, except he's a bit slower in coverage. Spikes has been playing on most running downs and is without a doubt one of the best, if not the best run-stopping ILBs in the league. The guy has more plays at or behind the line of scrimmage than almost any linebacker I've seen this year and he's not a 3-down back either.  Losing their best defender at every level hurt them, but they are still a good defensive unit that's built on depth and I wouldn't be surprised even with Wilfork and Mayo out that they end up a top 7 defense. 

Dierdorf just has a penchant for latching onto a player and blowing them all game; he actually seems to be a big fan of Geno, so I don't think it's favoritism, he just is a total doof.

Mayo, while a key player in many aspects of the game, has by all advanced stats (if you put stock into that) having a down year.  Hightower is fully capable of taking over for Mayo in every aspect, except he's a bit slower in coverage. Spikes has been playing on most running downs and is without a doubt one of the best, if not the best run-stopping ILBs in the league. The guy has more plays at or behind the line of scrimmage than almost any linebacker I've seen this year and he's not a 3-down back either.  Losing their best defender at every level hurt them, but they are still a good defensive unit that's built on depth and I wouldn't be surprised even with Wilfork and Mayo out that they end up a top 7 defense. 

Dierdorf just has a penchant for latching onto a player and blowing them all game; he actually seems to be a big fan of Geno, so I don't think it's favoritism, he just is a total doof.

latching on to 1 player? all he talked about all game was how "brave" the pats were to even attempt to field a defensive squad without wilfork, Kelly ,talib, and mayo. he talked more about these guys than players actually on the field. sickening. I usually can stomach dierdorf, but not when the patriots play. its just WAY too much

Dierdorf is awful and I'm pretty sure he hates the Jets. during the Titans debacle, the guy had a sh*t fit when Wilkerson and Coples accidentally hurt Locker, but had nothing to say when one of our receivers took a helmet to helmet hit and didn't get up right away.

Then, yesterday he was making stuff up about how Belichick always goes on it 4th and 5+ yards.

I haaaate listening to him.

Sorry guys, but NOTHING was as painful as listening to Mayock fellate Brady and Belichick for 3+ hours on Week 2.  That guy should be ashamed of himself after that game.

Dierdorf isn't the greatest color commentary guy (Phil Simms is, IMO), but I don't mind him.  

Sorry guys, but NOTHING was as painful as listening to Mayock fellate Brady and Belichick for 3+ hours on Week 2. That guy should be ashamed of himself after that game.

Dierdorf isn't the greatest color commentary guy (Phil Simms is, IMO), but I don't mind him.

As much as I love Mayock via the draft it's frustrating when it comes to him and the Jets. He's a good analyst but I agree there seems to be a bias. He's an ex-BC player and Giant. Maybe that's it.

As much as I love Mayock via the draft it's frustrating when it comes to him and the Jets. He's a good analyst but I agree there seems to be a bias. He's an ex-BC player and Giant. Maybe that's it.

He's good during draft coverage, but absolutely terrible at calling games.  

Archived