Jets close to deal for Josh Gordon?

joewilly12

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Gordon was in the 2014 draft, he'd likely be a first rounder, so getting him for a 2 and a 5 makes some sense. Gotta worry about bringing a booze hound to NYC, though.

Yeah. I'm not a huge fan of this deal if it involves anything higher than our 3rd. I don't know that I'm a huge fan of this deal regardless.

Yeah. I'm not a huge fan of this deal if it involves anything higher than our 3rd. I don't know that I'm a huge fan of this deal regardless.

Josh Gordon can f*cking ball.  If its a 3rd, what's not to like?  We're planning on using our picks to get receivers anyways.  We'd be giving one of the best deep ball throwers in the league (statistically, at the moment) a deep threat.  I'm Pavlov's Dog thinking about it right now.

If Gordon was in the 2014 draft, he'd likely be a first rounder, so getting him for a 2 and a 5 makes some sense. Gotta worry about bringing a booze hound to NYC, though.

I think that was what we gave up for Hill.

But it's not like we're not going to be using at least 1 pick on a WR in this draft anyway, and you know ON the field this one's not a bust.

Ehhhhh, you get a guy who you know can play as opposed to fishing around in the draft hoping the wideout you just drafted in the third round doesn't take his first check and decide he's Lil Wayne.

Ehhhhh, you get a guy who you know can play as opposed to fishing around in the draft hoping the wideout you just drafted in the third round doesn't take his first check and decide he's Lil Wayne.

Pretty much why I'm more in favor of it than not (though it's no slam dunk).  Who's more likely to succeed, Josh Gordon, who just needs to stay out of trouble, or some draft pick who needs to stay out of trouble AND learn how to play WR at an NFL level, if that's even something he's capable of?

Doesn't stop us from drafting another one, we get to use him right away, and he doesn't need a new contract for another 2.5 years.

Gordon has already decided he's Lil Wayne. Let Lombardi deal with him.

Nick Barlotta's profile from FootballNation:

Hey guys, I will be writing about New York Jets Football and working on this years NFL Draft. I am a college sophomore at Bergen Community College in New Jersey studying sports broadcasting. Jets, Mets, Nets, Devils, and Oregon Ducks are my teams.

Yeah, that inspires confidence. :tongue:

I'd rather have our 1st, two thirds and Josh Gordon than our second, two thirds and whatever player we draft to play receiver with our 1st, assuming we use the 1st on a receiver. These guys don't just become players right off the boat.

In short, you will trade our 2nd for Gordon?

I'd rather have our 1st, two thirds and Josh Gordon than our second, two thirds and whatever player we draft to play receiver with our 1st, assuming we use the 1st on a receiver. These guys don't just become players right off the boat.

AJ Green and Dez Bryant sure did... wish we would hit gold on a player like that.

Archived