****OFFICIAL JETS VS BENGALS GAME THREAD****

T0mShane

• Replies 901
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't understand how a guy like Milliner doesn't get exposed during the draft process. He is obviously terrible. And now we have to trot him out there for the next few years in a limited role until his cap hit becomes friendly. Just brutal.

he obviously has physical skills or else he would not have ben picked 9.  Guy did not play in the spring and has not caught up.  What bugs me is he still is not looking for the ball enough.

this is on Rex's precious D. They have been basically awful.

Rex's D is the best thing going for this team and has always been legit. So of the other dozens of things that are far worse why complain about the D?

Rex's D is the best thing going for this team and has always been legit. So of the other dozens of things that are far worse why complain about the D?

but they have stunk today.  why deny it.  I am not saying it is a bogus D.  they have stunk today and are costing us this game

Yeah but the play b4 his second option was open for a 1st down and he just went to his primary who got blown up.  Our poor OL play today may have him a lil rushed.

Yeah but the play b4 his second option was open for a 1st down and he just went to his primary who got blown up.  Our poor OL play today may have him a lil rushed.

no being a wise guys or anything, but how do you know what Geno's SECOND option was on that play.  Do you have access to the playbook?  Maybe that was Geno's third or fourth option. And you are right, his protection has sucked, for the most part.

There is absolutely nothing any DC in the world can do when you have CB play like what Cromartie, Milliner and Walls have shown today. 

I excuse Walls cause he played tight when he got beat for the TD BUT NO OUR SAFETIES WHICH PROBABLY THE WORST IN THE LEAGUE. 

I hate the Rams for trying to be cute, jumping in front of us to take Austin.  My only consolation is that they are awful this year and totally mishandled Austin.  Should had been Austin and Richardson. 

I said Milliner would bust the second they picked him. Taking no pleasure in being right.

it has always been overrated imo. never could really finish a game without letting up the tying or go ahead score late. it has always had some major flaw. either couldnt stop the run or rush the passer or something. and now it's being made to look like hot garbage by the bengals. rex is just a coach who hasn't evolved with the game. it's not about a suffocating defense anymore and it will likely never be again. now-a-days you have to have an explosive passing offense. rex is likely done this year after seeing this debacle

Rice and beans and Bear Republic Racer 5 over here.  This calls for high abv.

There is not enough IPA, pork or beans to provide a buffer against this half.  The Stone Self Righteous helps medicate at 8.7%, though.  Love Racer 5 -- Bear Republic is a long time favorite brewer for me.  

There is absolutely nothing any DC in the world can do when you have CB play like what Cromartie, Milliner and Walls have shown today.

It's called devise a zone coverage scheme with a 4 man rush, it's is blatantly obvious we can not cover the Cincy WR's one on one.

Ridiculous.  Look at the receivers Dalton is throwing to, the kind of catches they are making.  Ridiculous.  Our D has sucked, but these receivers are playing out of their heads.  No question, the Jets must upgrade the wideouts next year.  Can't have another CB draft.  We need a pass rushing LB and some receivers.

no being a wise guys or anything, but how do you know what Geno's SECOND option was on that play.  Do you have access to the playbook?  Maybe that was Geno's third or fourth option. And you are right, his protection has sucked, for the most part.

Whichever option it was....it was wide open. Not that it matters.

I said Milliner would bust the second they picked him. Taking no pleasure in being right.

its more rex than anything. there are almost zero db's in the league who can play on an island the way rex wants. his defense is predicated on amazingly impossible db play. revis was able to do it.....but not to many others can sustain that. cro did admirably last year but it's not feasible. abnd since he's been here we have ignored offense so badly that we are now very far behind. meanwhile the modern nfl game is more about offense and in particular an aerial offensive attack. rex has been trying to build a team that would have been a real force.....back in 1988

Archived