Oh no, we suck again!

Joe Jets fan

Dude, the QB position is not the problem in this game. What are you talking about?

OMG GENO THREW A PICK 6, HE SUCKS, HE'S TEHWURST, HE'S MARK SANCHEZ REDUX, etc...

pretty tired of the hysteria, but what do you expect, really?

I'm agreeing with you. Pretty sure those throws wouldn't be happening if they didn't have to throw on every down.

Geno has no playmakers around him, the Bengals defense is absolutely destroying whatever gameplan MM had coming into this game and I think the Jets have ran for less than 30 yards. Oh, and Geno's a rookie who's having a bad game.

But to say that Geno or the QB position is the problem right now is a total stretch.

Geno has no playmakers around him, the Bengals defense is absolutely destroying whatever gameplan MM had coming into this game and I think the Jets have ran for less than 30 yards. Oh, and Geno's a rookie who's having a bad game.

But to say that Geno or the QB position is the problem right now is a total stretch.

you really think geno smith has been good this year? he has shown flashes of being adequate.......thats it. other times he has been putrid

you really think geno smith has been good this year? he has shown flashes of being adequate.......thats it. other times he has been putrid

Adequate with these receivers is impressive. Im sorry this game is not on Geno.

He is not playing well by any stretch of the imagination but what do you expect? Especially down this much where youre just tryong to do anything.

They have to take these out routes out of the playbook. Thats the only pass Geno seems to really struggle with because he stares guys down. Lets see how he bounces back from this disaster.

so you just hand geno the starting job for next year?

So do you just hand over the job to a 1st round pick next year? See what I did there? 

How about this. You see the guy playing now, Simms? How about giving him an opportunity. He was being talked up back in preseason and he's been developing on the sideline. How about trying to keep them around to compete, TWO VERY YOUNG QB'S, and draft some talent to put around them. Crazy idea, I know lol. 

idk i don't agree. depending on where we draft and what players are available when we're on the clock.....a 1st round qb might be a very real possibility. you DON'T win in this league without a good qb. thats thew reality of the league in this era. it's qb or bust. gone are the days of winning like the baltimore ravens of 2000 with a trent dilfer at qb.

Not only all of that, but as DBates points out, the game was long over at that point.  Doesn't make it ok, but these things tend to happen when you have no choice but to throw on every play.  Geno has done enough good things to earn a chance with some players who aren't awful.

It's time to build a team.  We will definitely be drafting a QB, but we don't need to go for it in round 1.

Not only all of that, but as DBates points out, the game was long over at that point.  Doesn't make it ok, but these things tend to happen when you have no choice but to throw on every play.  Geno has done enough good things to earn a chance with some players who aren't awful.

It's time to build a team.  We will definitely be drafting a QB, but we don't need to go for it in round 1.

Did you just......kinda agree with me?????

The f**k is going on here today? A 40 point blow out and now this? I swear I didnt have marijuana today so I cant be high!  :winking0001:

Did you just......kinda agree with me?????

The f**k is going on here today? A 40 point blow out and now this? I swear I didnt have marijuana today so I cant be high!  :winking0001:

LOL.  Yup!

I like Geno's potential based on what I've seen so far enough to not force a 1st round QB pick if someone great isn't available.  We've got about the worst offensive talent I've ever seen and he still makes some nice plays.  That, and I don't think anyone thought he was ready to start right away under ideal circumstances.

LOL.  Yup!

I like Geno's potential based on what I've seen so far enough to not force a 1st round QB pick if someone great isn't available.  We've got about the worst offensive talent I've ever seen and he still makes some nice plays.  That, and I don't think anyone thought he was ready to start right away under ideal circumstances.

Exactly. The only offensive player who's shownup this year on a probowl level is the kicker, which he's not even on the field at the same time as Geno. He'll probably do better as a Wideout than Hill. We should trying it one day. 

Guys, Lets take a second here. 

Did anyone think we would be 4-4 halfway through the season?  I saw predictions of 1-7, 2-6... we are 4-4..the sky is not falling. 

Breathe in a bit. 

Yes, Geno threw two pick six's today...take those away its still 35-9. We got bumrushed today. The Bengals were better prepared and have better players than the Jets. We are not an elite team but we aren't the Jags or the Giants or the Rams or the Dolphins. We are 4-4. Let's all relax. Geno is a rookie and its going to take a full season to see if we need to draft a replacement. He has 4 wins so far...lets see how many he has at the end...7, 8, 9?

Also, do we keep rex or is he gone? I think Morningweg is the best O Coordinator we have had in a long while despite the game today. Just saying...

LL

It's a bumpy road, but I like some of the things I've seen this year. This team with a better set of Recievers will be a diffrent animal. The Bengels passed at will on us. Seemed like 50+ yard passes on every drive. Sure Geno throw two picks that they returned to the house, but it was a beat down of our Defence on pass coverage that was the real problem.

Im getting dizzy with all this G.O.A.T. and Worst. Team. Ever. sh!t every week.  F#cking jekyll & hyde.

It's the mark of a young but talented team.  Strangely, this team is doing exactly what it needs to do to drive our fanbase to the maximum levels of batsh** crazy.  As if we weren't bipolar enough. 

We ALL need these t-shirts:

2001gra-w800h800z1-24459-this-team-makes

Just wait till you see Geno play in the cold.  Was terrible in college when he had to play in crap weather.  Hey, maybe I am wrong but I dont think so.

Its funny when Sanchez sucked everyone said he had to make his WR better.  Now with Geno he is bad because his WR suck.   

Can't have it both ways guys.

Well another week the jets suck. It def looks like we need to start looking to draft a QB. Good thing we did not use a first rounder in this one.

Yep - hopefully we can get a good one next draft.

This GM is just guessing and rolling the dice and these posters on this board are dumb enuff to read into it like he is the next coming

Archived