Pop Up Ads

You guys need to get your web master to do something with the Toyo Tires ad. When it comes up it covers my entire screen and there is no X to click out of it. I have to go back to the previous page and lose whatever I was posting at the time it pops up. Get a clue here guys, out of control ads are no way to treat your customers.

You guys need to get your web master to do something with the Toyo Tires ad. When it comes up it covers my entire screen and there is no X to click out of it. I have to go back to the previous page and lose whatever I was posting at the time it pops up. Get a clue here guys, out of control ads are no way to treat your customers.

Just use Adblock plus

I haven't seen a website ad in months.

You're a customer?

Pretty sure it's Rex' fault.

A few things:

1.  There is no webmaster.  This is a volunteer run site.

2.  We are removing the ad network that has that ad.  We should have it removed in a day or so.

3.  There are nicer ways to make this request.  We aren't charging anything for any of this and we aren't selling anything here.  Like I mentioned before we have a team of volunteers that help out, so we are open to feedback.  It just helps when the feedback isn't typed out the way your post was.

Max I can't take this anymore, trying to click on a tiny x to close an ad that freezes my screen unless I close the ad is just way to frustrating, I have sausage fingers, and doing this on my IPad leads to me clicking the ad instead of closing it.

I brought this to your attention once before, and got no answer on what was going on, I only use my IPad, and this will eventually lead to me leaving this site.

I get advertising on your site, but it does not have to be obnoxious to this point that 1 out of every 3 times I open a post this happens.

Max I can't take this anymore, trying to click on a tiny x to close an ad that freezes my screen unless I close the ad is just way to frustrating, I have sausage fingers, and doing this on my IPad leads to me clicking the ad instead of closing it.

I brought this to your attention once before, and got no answer on what was going on, I only use my IPad, and this will eventually lead to me leaving this site.

I get advertising on your site, but it does not have to be obnoxious to this point that 1 out of every 3 times I open a post this happens.

I concur on this and it is also a problem on my laptop. The tire ad is a major problem and seems as though it intentionally makes it difficult to close. I've had to actually close the browser or tab and go back in just to clear I. Not as much of a problem on my Windows Phone though. I will try that ad pop up blocker the other poster mentioned.

We actually discussed this and it seems to be a break in communication with the site and the advertisers.  Let us talk to them again and we will do the best we can. Sorry man. 

I too have sausage fingers. Have you tried using your penis to type instead of your fingers?   Works pretty reasonable for me except when I ride the bus.

I don't remember you bringing this up before, I get a lot of messages sorry that I missed it apparently.

I was trying out a new ad network, and they are complete garbage.  I will get their ad code removed from the site tonight and we will go back to the ad network that we used to use.  We never had any problems with them.

I feel the OP.  Also, the pop up ads comes out of nowhere and if you are not prepare to take it,  it might give you a heart attack.  :scare:  I don't know if that is on purpose or what but that is a low blow.   

I am sure that is their intent.  (shock and awe).  Sorry about that, I will get it fixed really soon, thanks.

I concur on this and it is also a problem on my laptop. The tire ad is a major problem and seems as though it intentionally makes it difficult to close. I've had to actually close the browser or tab and go back in just to clear I. Not as much of a problem on my Windows Phone though. I will try that ad pop up blocker the other poster mentioned.

We aren't at our quota of tire sales yet this month so that ad will have to stay.  Kidding.  They will all be gone tonight, thanks.

I don't remember you bringing this up before, I get a lot of messages sorry that I missed it apparently.

I was trying out a new ad network, and they are complete garbage.  I will get their ad code removed from the site tonight and we will go back to the ad network that we used to use.  We never had any problems with them.

Thanks Max, I only made the topic thread because I love the site, and didn't want to have to go elsewhere over something like this. This quick response, and swift action just reaffirms why I choose Jetnation.com for my home of Jets football.

Thanks Max, I only made the topic thread because I love the site, and didn't want to have to go elsewhere over something like this. This quick response, and swift action just reaffirms why I choose Jetnation.com for my home of Jets football.

Thanks...I will take care of it.  Going to try my best to have it fixed tonight!  It was annoying me as well....basically I tried out a new ad network for a promise of a much higher cpm.  They actually paid exactly the same as the old one and the complaints went up by 200%.  Not a good combo.  :)

Now YOU are sounding like a pop-up ad...

I just opened a ticket with the ad network.  Sorry for the delay, but I removed the 1st ad network that I thought was causing this.  I will talk to them later today about how to disable these kinds of ads.

Thanks....

Archived