If my boss says "irregardless" again....

Klecko73isGod

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ya knwo what annoys me? when people call capicola, gabagool

or sopressata, supersod

Mannagawt  (manicotti)

Basta fazool (pasta fagioli)

These are not really incorrect, but they are bastardizations of dialect.  Replacing the C with a G and dropping the ends of words seems to be from Napoli.  The Sicilians just end everything with a U;

These are not really incorrect, but they are bastardizations of dialect.  Replacing the C with a G and dropping the ends of words seems to be from Napoli.  The Sicilians just end everything with a U;

thats fine. if you're from sicily. when i hear some idiot from manalapan, who was born in newark with that sh*tty newark accent and says they want some gabagool i want to gabagool in their face

thats fine. if you're from sicily. when i hear some idiot from manalapan, who was born in newark with that sh*tty newark accent and says they want some gabagool i want to gabagool in their face

Yup.

Or it would be just fine to say I'd like some of that nice spicy italian ham please.

• 4 months later...

the ladyfriend has a masters degree in education and is a pretty highly regarded teacher in her district. 

2 weeks ago she asked me "did you know it's all intents and purposes"?  

I was like yeah.... for like the last 30 years. 

Somehow she has gone 32 years thinking it was intensive. 

Does she mess up implicit vs explicit too ;) 

im·plic·it
imˈplisit/
adjective
adjective: implicit
  1. 1.

2. 2.
    with no qualification or question; absolute.
    "an implicit faith in God"

Haha just busting balls man, but usually when you give direct instructions, it's explicit not implicit. Implicit instructions usually occurs without specific guidance. All in fun though.

Haha just busting balls man, but usually when you give direct instructions, it's explicit not implicit. Implicit instructions usually occurs without specific guidance. All in fun though.

I hereby challenge you to a duel.

• 3 years later...
14 minutes ago, Klecko73isGod said:

OK, so even though this man is no longer my boss, I still work with him and we are on a project together. 

He just asked me to print out sales numbers for April "0-16 and 0-17." 

This year isn't 20017, its twenty-seventeen. Where's the "0?"

Irregardless of the year, you still need to do the work.

On 5/17/2017 at 8:35 PM, Klecko73isGod said:

The worst part is he's the type of a$$hole who complains about people not being able to speak English! 

In case you didn't figure it out, he doesn't see the irony.

Dead serious...once had a co-worker tell me about some people that pissed her off because, in her words, "they don't even talk right English"

Archived