CAA runs this city...2013-14 New York Knicks thread

Matt39

Knicks get Rajon Rondo

Boston gets Shumpert, a unicorn, free Cablevision for life with HBO, $46,000,000,000, an unlimited Metrocard, and the fetus of the unborn Smith brother.

When does KG start making the AARP commercials?

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First part: absolutely.  Makes no sense at all.  When Chandler get's back its even dumber. 

Second: No chance in hell.  I would think that type of deal would have to include multiple picks and useful players/contracts, and the Knicks don't have any picks for the next 400 years.  Besides Shump we have no assets.  I like the upside of THJ.. I guess he could potentially turn into an asset.

Which goes to show what you can do with first round picks when you don't piss them away on ******* Bargs.

I agree overall, but Rondo is a FA in 2015 so they have to decide on him soon.

Is the NBA the only sport where it's entirely acceptable for teams to simply give up in 30+ games of the schedule. Like, to obviously and consciously decide not to compete?

Have you seen KG'S reverse mortgage commercial yet?

LOL

How long until Melo decides that Bargnani is taking too many shots?

I don't think it will be an issue because Bargs seems to get most of his points off passes from Melo.

Also, Melo seems like he wants a second scorer. He becomes a chucker and ball hog when others are missing shots. And when he starts missing you get a mess.

I don't think it will be an issue because Bargs seems to get most of his points off passes from Melo.

Also, Melo seems like he wants a second scorer. He becomes a chucker and ball hog when others are missing shots. And when he starts missing you get a mess.

The dribble through the legs for 10 seconds then fade away for a long two needs to end. It never works.

Nets lnew going in that there are gonna be nights Pierce and KG are not gonna be able to play a lot. What thet didn;t know is so far Williams is really, really terrible. It's beyond injury, kinda like he lost it. Not sure how that changes unless there's a dramatic turnaround or a trade.

Nets lnew going in that there are gonna be nights Pierce and KG are not gonna be able to play a lot. What thet didn;t know is so far Williams is really, really terrible. It's beyond injury, kinda like he lost it. Not sure how that changes unless there's a dramatic turnaround or a trade.

The Nets built that team on the assumption DWill is the superstar player but he hasn't been that for 5 years.

Bargs has been playing better. Felton needs to sit, he's killing the Knicks.

Was at the game last night, almost thought we had another LJ moment...was the correct call though I guess.

Wait, does that mean you're kissing Dolan's ass now too? LOL.

Yeah, Prigs should be the starter. As to right call, probably, but Harden gets that call.

Early returns on the Garnett-Pierce acquisitions indicate that Brook Lopez is still a girl and Deron Williams shuts it down mentally when he's dinged up, which is always.

DWill has really been a disappointment in his Nets career.

DWill has really been a disappointment in his Nets career.

He's just overrated in general, but everyone bought into the hype because no one actually watched Utah. He can do everything you want a top PG to do, he just doesn't do any of it consistently or with any urgency. He's got some Derrick Coleman in him.

He's just overrated in general, but everyone bought into the hype because no one actually watched Utah. He can do everything you want a top PG to do, he just doesn't do any of it consistently or with any urgency. He's got some Derrick Coleman in him.

The talent is definitely there, but like you said, the attitude issues hold him back. He made Sloan retire.

Good win by the Medicaids last night. Joe is old and overpaid, but he has a nack for last second clutch shots.

The talent is definitely there, but like you said, the attitude issues hold him back. He made Sloan retire.

Good win by the Medicaids last night. Joe is old and overpaid, but he has a nack for last second clutch shots.

Dont see fast break layups for buzzer beaters too often.

Maybe I'm just getting old and cranky, but I'm already disgusted at the effort level in the NBA. Miami has dropped three games already. The sixers lead their division. The Western Conference is mediocre overall. The only teams playing hard are the Pacers and Spurs. Despicable.

Maybe I'm just getting old and cranky, but I'm already disgusted at the effort level in the NBA. Miami has dropped three games already. The sixers lead their division. The Western Conference is mediocre overall. The only teams playing hard are the Pacers and Spurs. Despicable.

82 games over 6 months is too much. Then the playoffs take another 2.5 months.

82 games over 6 months is too much. Then the playoffs take another 2.5 months.

It would make a world of sense for the quality of play in the NBA (and NHL) to cut back to no more than 60-65 games, end the season at the end of March and start the playoffs April 1st. But money and TV dictate it will never happen.

It would make a world of sense for the quality of play in the NBA (and NHL) to cut back to no more than 60-65 games, end the season at the end of March and start the playoffs April 1st. But money and TV dictate it will never happen.

T0m and I discussed this in an old bball thread.

The sweet spot is under 70 games. No reason why there should be back-to-backs and 4 games in 5 nights. There should be a game every other day and 2 days off between out of region road trips.

But like you say, money and TV will never let that happen.

Archived