CAA runs this city...2013-14 New York Knicks thread

Matt39

I know Matt and T0m are in ecstasy over the Knicks & Nets struggles, but it's still early and teams are dealing with injuries.

We've seen other teams rebound from this such as last year's Pacers who started 4-8.

The NBA season doesn't start til Christmas and so long as your team is around .500 they'll be fine. I remember the 95 Knicks being 12-12 after a Christmas loss and finishing the season with 55 wins

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know Matt and T0m are in ecstasy over the Knicks & Nets struggles, but it's still early and teams are dealing with injuries.

We've seen other teams rebound from this such as last year's Pacers who started 4-8.

The NBA season doesn't start til Christmas and so long as your team is around .500 they'll be fine. I remember the 95 Knicks being 12-12 after a Christmas loss and finishing the season with 55 wins

The Knicks are done. There is no light at the end of this tunnel and you know it. They'll fire Woodson, bring in somebody that Melo approves, then that coach will mysteriously bench Bargnani, then they'll trade for Andre Miller.

Kidd will either figure it out or he won't. As it stands now, he's dividing that locker room between Garnett/Pierce/Terry/Reggie Evans and everyone else. The fact that Brooke Shields is sitting out two weeks with an ankle sprain must make them all puke, and the fact that Deron gets hurt every time he leaves his feet is going to make Garnett wish Rajon Rondo was his PG.

George Karl killed Melo on Colin Cowherd today. Cowherd asked Karl what the difference was between Kobe and Carmelo, since they're both selfish players. Karl's answer (paraphrased) was "When Kobe goes out and tries to score 50 and they lose, Kobe takes responsibility for it. When Melo does it, he won't take that responsibility."

Ow.

George Karl killed Melo on Colin Cowherd today. Cowherd asked Karl what the difference was between Kobe and Carmelo, since they're both selfish players. Karl's answer (paraphrased) was "When Kobe goes out and tries to score 50 and they lose, Kobe takes responsibility for it. When Melo does it, he won't take that responsibility."

Ow.

Winning 

kobe-rings.jpg

Anyone read this James Dolan interview?

http://nypost.com/2013/11/22/james-dolan-dishes-on-isiah-his-garden-teams/

I loved this part

MV: You’ve shown tolerance as an owner; [GM] Glen Sather had a lot of empty years with the Rangers before he showed success. Do you feel you’re more patient than an average owner?

JD: I really don’t compare myself with other owners. I’ll bet you I’m more patient than Mikhail [Prokhorov] is of his team. Mostly, I think it does not pay to be impatient, because you destabilize your team. It’s not like the players don’t want to win, it’s not like the owner doesn’t want to win; everybody wants to win, so it’s a question of: Can you get there? With Mike, I think he can get us there. Mostly, I think Carmelo [Anthony] can get us there, and the other players can get us there, they’re going to have to jell and I think Mike can do a lot to get that to happen. Because he has their respect.

Ow.

Karl is just bitter he never won a playoff series in Denver without Melo.

The Knicks are done. There is no light at the end of this tunnel and you know it. They'll fire Woodson, bring in somebody that Melo approves, then that coach will mysteriously bench Bargnani, then they'll trade for Andre Miller.

Kidd will either figure it out or he won't. As it stands now, he's dividing that locker room between Garnett/Pierce/Terry/Reggie Evans and everyone else. The fact that Brooke Shields is sitting out two weeks with an ankle sprain must make them all puke, and the fact that Deron gets hurt every time he leaves his feet is going to make Garnett wish Rajon Rondo was his PG.

T0mstradamus you are not

HERM KIDD

Kidd was a way better player than Edwards ever was. But so far his basketball IQ doesn't appear to do much in giving coaching direction. It's surprising because so many good coaches are point guards. Other really bad development is that Frank and Kidd are no longer good pals. The whole dynamic is bad. Now Williams and Lopez could get healthy and they turn it around. Have more expectation Lopez will contribute, but keeps coming back to Williams losing it.The Nets are built on the foundation that Williams is the best PG in the NBA or at least close to it. And right now he's not only hurt but looking like not an even adequate one when he's been healthy.

Kidd was a way better player than Edwards ever was. But so far his basketball IQ doesn't appear to do much in giving coaching direction. It's surprising because so many good coaches are point guards. Other really bad development is that Frank and Kidd are no longer good pals. The whole dynamic is bad. Now Williams and Lopez could get healthy and they turn it around. Have more expectation Lopez will contribute, but keeps coming back to Williams losing it.The Nets are built on the foundation that Williams is the best PG in the NBA or at least close to it. And right now he's not only hurt but looking like not an even adequate one when he's been healthy.

Williams is an issue, for sure, but this Nets team is a rudderless ship. They took a shot on hiring Kidd and missed terribly. If they don't pull the plug soon, that team is going into full mutiny.

yup. pacers game melo was a bounding maniac. bounding is all effort and heart

He had 12 boards tonight with another awful loss.

The haters like Matt are going to hate, but even on a down shooting year for Melo hes averaging 26-10 on the season. Knicks havent seen such numbers since Ewing.

Melo and Jr took 33 combined shots last night with a combined 2 assists. Its awful basketball.

JR is trash, but Melo passed often last night and the players he passed to shot bricks.

So looking at only assists doesnt make sense.

Apparently, there's "friction" between Jason Kidd had Lawrence Frank over "philosophy." I'd imagine its got a lot to do with Lawrence Frank thinking that it's not cool for Kidd to be working on a players' schedule instead of a coach's schedule. Unless Kidd's watching coaching tape on his iPhone while he's rolling with his homies at three in the morning trolling midtown for skanks.

SMLala

Melo should definitely sign elsewhere. In fact, Knicks should consider trading him.

Hopefully the Knicks make the playoffs so they're not giving up a lottery pick this year.

BTW HaterMatt kills Melo for iso ball but the biggest ball hog is Amare. He's posted up 35 times and only passed it 3 times.

You dudes hear/read Amare's comments after the game last night? Absolutely buried Carmelo without naming him.

Granted him being the messenger is a bit absurd, but he wasn't wrong either. This team is built around two guys who have different rules from everyone else. They can take whatever shot they want without fear of being sat down. The Knicks play an awful brand of basketball.

You dudes hear/read Amare's comments after the game last night? Absolutely buried Carmelo without naming him.

Wait, you mean Amare who has only passed the ball 3 times out of 35 post ups?

Amare who has 8 assists for the whole season?

LOL, you're so stupid.

I said Amare has passed the ball only 3 times in 35 post ups. Post ups is not the same as P&R. That's a completely different offensive set.

I honestly didnt see what you posted.

And, please....lets not dig up old threads. Your basketball acumen isnt exactly Dr. Jack Ramseyesque.

I honestly didnt see what you posted.

And, please....lets not dig up old threads. Your basketball acumen isnt exactly Dr. Jack Ramseyesque.

Old threads, I'm talking about right now.

In any event, you're the one who made the crazy statement that no one would want Melo on their team.

Archived