CAA runs this city...2013-14 New York Knicks thread

Matt39

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is Boehieim going to coach via Skype?

He should.

Even with personnel issues, Woodson has done an awful coaching job.

No Davis and Knicks still lose. 3-13, 1-7 at home. Woodson is getting fired this week. He has JR play 34 minutes who was bad. Dolan isnt tell him to play those minutes.

Melo's three was one of the dumbest shots Ive ever seen. JR playing unlimited minutes, Shumpert benched for yelling at Melo.

What a mess.

Build a team around Melo and JR....and hire a coach that enables them...shocking the team blows!

BTW, I think Hardaway has superstar written all over him.

The Knicks should be trying to get rid of JR and not Shump.

Injury or not, JR has killed them since he's been back and he's too mentally fragile.

BTW, I think Hardaway has superstar written all over him.

The Knicks should be trying to get rid of JR and not Shump.

Injury or not, JR has killed them since he's been back and he's too mentally fragile.

You may be right about Tim Jr., Wouldn't want him to get rushed or pick up some of the bad habits of those around him right now.

As you guys can tell, Melo is my favorite player ( ;)), but soon Tim Jr. will be and I'll defend him to the end.

That's what I've always done as a Knicks fan, from Ewing, Houston, Ariza, Frye, Gallo, Melo to Tim Jr.

And I disagree with Matt a lot, but I think he's misguided in his criticism of Melo on the loser bit.  JR and his relationship with Woodson is the biggest cancer on the team.  That's not Satan, that's on Woodson.

JR has killed this team since May and Woodson keeps trotting him out there in big spots.  JR is going to get Woodson fired.

JR getting unlimited minutes isnt Woodson's decision.

But why would Satan do that?

It's been reported that Woodson is good friends with JR'S father. He's assumed a mentoring role.

I can understand Satan's connection to Amare and Melo, but the JR mess seems all Woodson

But why would Satan do that?

It's been reported that Woodson is good friends with JR'S father. He's assumed a mentoring role.

I can understand Satan's connection to Amare and Melo, but the JR mess seems all Woodson

His brother is on the team for gods sakes.

But that still doesn't make it Satan's choice rather than Woodson's. 

If you want to say its CAA's Leon Rose, then I can buy that because Woodson, JR & Chris Smith all have him as an agent,

CAA and MSG/Dolan are in bed together obviously. Once the Chase deal went down, Dolan pretty much said I will do whatever you'd like...including different rules for CAA clients, even if they suck. Woodson is well aware of how much money CAA has put into Dolan/MSG's pockets...the Chase deal alone god only knows.

CAA and MSG/Dolan are in bed together obviously. Once the Chase deal went down, Dolan pretty much said I will do whatever you'd like...including different rules for CAA clients, even if they suck. Woodson is well aware of how much money CAA has put into Dolan/MSG's pockets...the Chase deal alone god only knows.

I don't disagree with that.

I think that when it comes to JR, Woodson is CAA's puppet more than Satan's puppet. Like you said, Satan has essentially sold the Knicks to CAA

I don't disagree with that.

I think that when it comes to JR, Woodson is CAA's puppet more than Satan's puppet. Like you said, Satan has essentially sold the Knicks to CAA

It's not just the Knicks though...its the building, Radio City etc. Whatever Dolan owns not including Cablevision CAA operates.

Leon Rose and World Wide Wes are little people in all of this...Dolan's letting corporate sponsors negotiated by CAA dictate the roster of the Knicks. It's obviously how business gets done...but it's taken on a whole new level with the KNicks. Outside of maybe Soccer...this doesnt go on anywhere else.

It's not just the Knicks though...its the building, Radio City etc. Whatever Dolan owns not including Cablevision CAA operates.

Leon Rose and World Wide Wes are little people in all of this...Dolan's letting corporate sponsors negotiated by CAA dictate the roster of the Knicks. It's obviously how business gets done...but it's taken on a whole new level with the KNicks. Outside of maybe Soccer...this doesnt go on anywhere else.

Matt, you're generally an ahole when it comes to the Knicks (:D), but I learned something new from you. I didn't know CAA was involved with the Chase sponsorship and remodeling of MSG.

That means Dolan is knee deep with them.

Matt, you're generally an ahole when it comes to the Knicks ( :biggrin:), but I learned something new from you. I didn't know CAA was involved with the Chase sponsorship and remodeling of MSG.

That means Dolan is knee deep with them.

Passing and moving is a foreign concept to the roster(or the guys that play). Maybe Melo has the Roger Dorn stipulation in his contract regarding fighting through screens,

But yes- the Chase deal was huge(especially for a renovated arena) and I'm sure has some serious influence that trickles down to the Knicks roster. MSG will never lose money and the Knicks will always be relevant. Dolan couldnt be happier.

Prokhorov is paying $100 mil in luxury tax alone on this roster, and they hire a head coach who just fired a $1 million dollar per assistant coach for calling him out on not working hard enough. At some point, they've gotta admit their mistake on Kidd and cut bait because they've got a 2-year window. As great as Kidd was as a player, he was never known as a particularly hard worker, nor was he ever a company man. He was a great passer who players loved because his passing would earn them huge contracts. He's finding out that coaching entails a lot more than leaving practice at the same time as the players so you can do shots and smoke blunts with them at the club.

Archived