***Official 2014 Draft/Offseason Thread***

neckdemon

• 3 weeks later...

Brett Hundley >>

Draft one, add a bunch more defense and let Rex loose

So, Manziel and Mariota both face two pro-style defenses and both get crushed. Thoughts?

Ok I think it's about time to throw out a surprise name at QB who IF he declares will possibly sneak into the 1st round, and may even jump everyone not named Teddy Bridgewater.

UCF QB Blake Bortles

He keeps gaining steam week after week leading UCF to win after win, and is starting to be compared to Andrew Luck minus the intangibles.

If this kid does declare, and get a 1st round grade that's possibly 5 QB's round 1, and as many as 10 in the first 2 rounds next year!

Funny 2 weeks ago no one thought Carr would be a 1st round pick now he is a lock for the top 10, and I could see Bortles heading that way very soon once the real scouts hand out their reports, and they become public knowledge.

what would everyone think about drafting a wr in the 1st and 2nd? watkins, evans, or lee in the first and then one of the lsu or fsu wrs in the second

Are they the best players available? Sure. Why not. That's what the Jets should be drafting. That's what they did this past draft and it turned out okay so far. They're going to draft another QB early as well.

Ok I think it's about time to throw out a surprise name at QB who IF he declares will possibly sneak into the 1st round, and may even jump everyone not named Teddy Bridgewater.

UCF QB Blake Bortles

He keeps gaining steam week after week leading UCF to win after win, and is starting to be compared to Andrew Luck minus the intangibles.

If this kid does declare, and get a 1st round grade that's possibly 5 QB's round 1, and as many as 10 in the first 2 rounds next year!

Funny 2 weeks ago no one thought Carr would be a 1st round pick now he is a lock for the top 10, and I could see Bortles heading that way very soon once the real scouts hand out their reports, and they become public knowledge.

Bortles is an interesting prospect for sure, but the thing with all these QBs, is there's just no shot they all go in the first round, hell, even first two rounds. It was around this time last year that draftniks were projecting Mike Glennon as a top 15 pick, before the real scouts and GMs made their boards known. The same thing will likely happen this year: you'll see guys like Hundley, Carr or Fales fall further than anyone right now would think is possible. I still would like to bring one of them in though.

Bortles is an interesting prospect for sure, but the thing with all these QBs, is there's just no shot they all go in the first round, hell, even first two rounds. It was around this time last year that draftniks were projecting Mike Glennon as a top 15 pick, before the real scouts and GMs made their boards known. The same thing will likely happen this year: you'll see guys like Hundley, Carr or Fales fall further than anyone right now would think is possible. I still would like to bring one of them in though.

I am fairly confident if Hundley declares for the draft there will be 4 QB's gone by pick 15 (Bridgewater, Hundley, Manziel, and Carr), and that usually sends the remaining QB needy teams in a panic, and that's how guys like Weeden, Ponder, ect. Go way earlier than they should. That could push Boyd (ugh what garbage) back to a late 1st early 2nd, and others mentioned into the 2nd very easily.

what would everyone think about drafting a wr in the 1st and 2nd? watkins, evans, or lee in the first and then one of the lsu or fsu wrs in the second

Well as of now Lee is considered the 4th, or 5th best WR in this years class behind Evans, Watkins, kid from Fresno St., and some even put him behind the PSU kid. FSU WR's are not going in the 1st 2-3 rounds sorry, Becham will, and my personal 2 favorites for the 2nd round are Jordan Mathews, and Brandon Cooks!

not so fast did you forget what the vikings and titans did, reach for 2nd and 3rd grade QBs  and even miami. if a team likes you they will take you in the 1st if they  think you can become something

not so fast did you forget what the vikings and titans did, reach for 2nd and 3rd grade QBs  and even miami. if a team likes you they will take you in the 1st if they  think you can become something

All of these quarterbacks are currently being given first round grades, by who? A bunch of draftniks that had Mike Glennon and Geno Smith as top 10 picks the year prior. I wouldn't wait until March or so before anyone starts really figuring out who will go where.  If there's anything that I've learned over the past decade or so of intensely following college football and the draft, it's that these draftniks are historically inaccurate and people that are being talked about as gauranteed first rounders right now, might be lucky to be drafted even in the second day.  That's not to say someone won't "reach" for a player that they like, but I'm going to stand firm in my belief that you're not going to see the 6 or so quarterbacks selected in the first round that people are talking about.

All of these quarterbacks are currently being given first round grades, by who? A bunch of draftniks that had Mike Glennon and Geno Smith as top 10 picks the year prior. I wouldn't wait until March or so before anyone starts really figuring out who will go where.  If there's anything that I've learned over the past decade or so of intensely following college football and the draft, it's that these draftniks are historically inaccurate and people that are being talked about as gauranteed first rounders right now, might be lucky to be drafted even in the second day.  That's not to say someone won't "reach" for a player that they like, but I'm going to stand firm in my belief that you're not going to see the 6 or so quarterbacks selected in the first round that people are talking about.

thats my point team will reach for a player, and i dont think anybody had Geno in the top 10  he was the best QB in that draft as sad as that sounds many "draftniks"  had the jets taking him 9 or 13 but the best grade i saw on him was a late 20s  if a team came back and traded back into the 1st. many team will need QBs this comming draft  and i see a few teams making that reach for one. and the best grade i saw on Glennon was a 3rd.

Teddy last night:

825887204.gif?1386300013

Pretty amazing throw; he basically threw a 40 yard dime off his back foot, while falling away from the play. However, that's the type of play and confidence in yourself that gets you into trouble in the NFL. Don't get me wrong, he's a great prospect, just not sure this is what would sell me on Teddy. I'm pretty eager to see where he goes: I think Houston would be more than ideal spot for him to land as it would give him a vet to compete with and not be forced to start right away if he's not ready. And if he is, you've got a solid defense and running game, when healthy, to take some pressure off of you. I guess one could say the same thing for Minny, but that place just seems like a wasteland for talent. 

Dorial Green-Beckham is what everyone wishes Mike Evans was. Finally proving why he was the #1 overall recruit a couple years back; if he was eligible to come out this year, he'd challenge Sammy to be the first receiver taken. It wasn't until Jif said to take a closer look at the Mizzou guys that I put it together and realized who he was. Sort of lost track of him after he shunned LSU when he narrowed his choices down, then came the arrest freshman year, but this kid at one point broke every single HS receiving record and was also a track phenom.  He has an interesting story: foster care for a while and eventually adopted by his high school coach and I guess that was a big reason for signing with Mizzou, in order to be close to home. Can't believe I stopped tracking him; kid is gonna be the best receiver in college football next year and probably the first receiver off the board.

Dorial Green-Beckham is what everyone wishes Mike Evans was. Finally proving why he was the #1 overall recruit a couple years back; if he was eligible to come out this year, he'd challenge Sammy to be the first receiver taken. It wasn't until Jif said to take a closer look at the Mizzou guys that I put it together and realized who he was. Sort of lost track of him after he shunned LSU when he narrowed his choices down, then came the arrest freshman year, but this kid at one point broke every single HS receiving record and was also a track phenom.  He has an interesting story: foster care for a while and eventually adopted by his high school coach and I guess that was a big reason for signing with Mizzou, in order to be close to home. Can't believe I stopped tracking him; kid is gonna be the best receiver in college football next year and probably the first receiver off the board.

More my type of WR than Watkins is so I would rank this guy that I just heard about #1. Exactly the kind of WR I like too so now I'm just mad he won't enter until next year. 

• 1 month later...

Archived