The Dolphins have a serious bullying problem?

Klecko73isGod

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://deadspin.com/report-miami-dolphins-bullying-not-limited-to-jonatha-1457688830?rev=1383509801&utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_facebook&utm_source=deadspin_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

So far, ESPN has been incredibly sensitive and empathetic in their coverage of this. Can you imagine ESPN if this was going on in New York?

They would be ripping the Jets for not cutting Incognito immediately (and they'd probably be right).  They'll get there eventually with the Dolphins but it will take them a bit longer. 

They would be ripping the Jets for not cutting Incognito immediately (and they'd probably be right).  They'll get there eventually with the Dolphins but it will take them a bit longer. 

That's right, because the Dolphins went undefeated 41 years ago which is still somehow relevant according to everyone who covers football.

That's right, because the Dolphins went undefeated 41 years ago which is still somehow relevant according to everyone who covers football.

I thought it was Marc Anthony and J-Lo being minority owners at one point that made them still a class organization.  This stuff confuses me!

The reality of the situation is that it's up to Martin to break a chair over Incognito's face. No third party is going to save you from being bullied. If you want to stop it, hurt them.

he's taking the other route and gonna hit the fins and the nfl where it hurts most. their wallets

The reality of the situation is that it's up to Martin to break a chair over Incognito's face. No third party is going to save you from being bullied. If you want to stop it, hurt them.

Hopefully he went to see Ender's Game this weekend and he'll figure that out.  But it sounds like there were multiple jackoffs involved (Pouncey was mentioned in one report).  No matter how big you are, 2-on-1 or 3-on-1 could be a problem.

I bet some NFL lawyers are getting nervous.  "workplace harassment" happens in every franchise they have.  If martin sues and wins and gets paid, the NFL has problems with every washed up jag scrub who wants to make a case because he can't walk right and is broke

that's really horrendous. how do coaches/management let that go on?

I haven't heard a inside the locker room bullying claim, I might have missed something, but most seems to be outside bullying like paying for dinner, coughing up money for vets to go to Vegas, Coaches can't stop that stuff they are not involved, and probably not informed about such behavior if the reports of the rookies being scared to not cough up the money, what do you think would make them not scared to tell the coach?

Well I sort of agree, you tell him to go **** himself, and the force him to try, and strong arm you physically then break a chair over his face if he does instead of backing off, you can explain that better lol.

But in all seriousness I recall Jeremy Shockey ******* someone up his rookie year in the lunch room because he refused to sing his college fight song, and the Vet got in his face, and Shockey let him have it, pretty sure that was the last time anyone ****ed with him, but I also suspect he got zero respect from his teammates because he didn't follow rookie protocol. Dez Bryant also got a lot of sh*t for not allowing Roy Williams to haze him refusing to carry his helmet, and shoulder pads, and Williams made it a public story, and Bryant basically said I'm here to play football not carry some else's equipment, but his context came off as a selfish prick according to NFL people, all agreeing Bryant was in the wrong, so that show's you what everyone really thinks about some hazing being okay.

Martin seems like a dish it out but cant take it type of guy

fwiw

The “bullying” that Martin was a victim of, he participated in the same prank a week prior when they pranked another one of the linemen. So dude flipped out because he was the one being pranked this time, but had no problem with it when someone else was?

I would disagree with those in the media or on the board who are comparing this to schoolyard bullying, when he says he fears retribution who really knows what this means..you really think Hernandez was the only gangster in the NFL?...now I'm not saying Incognito is a gangster I'm talking in general NFL locker rooms...these threats could be more serious and real than we'll ever know, certainly not something that can be resolved by " standing up to the bully" schoolyard style.

Well I sort of agree, you tell him to go **** himself, and the force him to try, and strong arm you physically then break a chair over his face if he does instead of backing off, you can explain that better lol.

But in all seriousness I recall Jeremy Shockey ******* someone up his rookie year in the lunch room because he refused to sing his college fight song, and the Vet got in his face, and Shockey let him have it, pretty sure that was the last time anyone ****ed with him, but I also suspect he got zero respect from his teammates because he didn't follow rookie protocol. Dez Bryant also got a lot of sh*t for not allowing Roy Williams to haze him refusing to carry his helmet, and shoulder pads, and Williams made it a public story, and Bryant basically said I'm here to play football not carry some else's equipment, but his context came off as a selfish prick according to NFL people, all agreeing Bryant was in the wrong, so that show's you what everyone really thinks about some hazing being okay.

Bryant apologized and agreed to buy dinner - it cost him $55K.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/The-bill-comes-due-for-Dez-Bryant-54-896-for-d?urn=nfl-273085

ept_sports_nfl_experts-212268761-1285704Back in July, there was a big to-do about Cowboys rookie wide receiver Dez Bryant(notes) refusing to carry pads for fellow wide receiver Roy Williams. It's tradition in the NFL that rookies perform menial chores for veteran teammates, so Bryant's refusal drew some attention and criticism.

The mini-controversy blew over quickly. Bryant apologized, Williams accepted and everyone moved on. Williams did mention, though, that Bryant would have to pick up a dinner tab, and at the instant that Bryant refused the pad-carrying, Williams suddenly got a little hungrier and a little thirstier.

After the Cowboys beat the Texans, it was finally time for that dinner. The end result? Bryant probably wishes he'd have carried those pads. From Calvin Watkins at ESPN:

Monday night at Pappas Bros. Steakhouse, Bryant took the offensive players out, then Williams invited the defensive players and when the night was over the bill came: $54,896.

"They got the young fella," said Bryant's adviser David Wells. "What could he say? He had to pay it unless he wanted to wash dishes for a month."

Players ordered basically everything on the menu and even took home bottles of wine.

Well played, Roy Williams. Not only was it a nice touch to invite the defense, but to also wait until everyone was in a celebratory and festive mood? That's a veteran move.

[Photos: See Dallas rookie Dez Bryant in action ]

Even when you factor in the number of players who attended, it still comes out to a ridiculous amount of money spent on food and drink for each person. Active game-day rosters include 45 people. Figure that some people probably skipped the festivities, and some coaches and other personnel might have been there, and we'll guess it was around 50 people. That's still well over $1,000 per person.

Revenge must have been delicious.

Bryant apologized and agreed to buy dinner - it cost him $55K.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/The-bill-comes-due-for-Dez-Bryant-54-896-for-d?urn=nfl-273085

The bill comes due for Dez Bryant: $54,896 for dinner

By MJD

ept_sports_nfl_experts-212268761-1285704Back in July, there was a big to-do about Cowboys rookie wide receiver Dez Bryant(notes) refusing to carry pads for fellow wide receiver Roy Williams. It's tradition in the NFL that rookies perform menial chores for veteran teammates, so Bryant's refusal drew some attention and criticism.

The mini-controversy blew over quickly. Bryant apologized, Williams accepted and everyone moved on. Williams did mention, though, that Bryant would have to pick up a dinner tab, and at the instant that Bryant refused the pad-carrying, Williams suddenly got a little hungrier and a little thirstier.

After the Cowboys beat the Texans, it was finally time for that dinner. The end result? Bryant probably wishes he'd have carried those pads. From Calvin Watkins at ESPN:

Monday night at Pappas Bros. Steakhouse, Bryant took the offensive players out, then Williams invited the defensive players and when the night was over the bill came: $54,896.

"They got the young fella," said Bryant's adviser David Wells. "What could he say? He had to pay it unless he wanted to wash dishes for a month."

Players ordered basically everything on the menu and even took home bottles of wine.

Well played, Roy Williams. Not only was it a nice touch to invite the defense, but to also wait until everyone was in a celebratory and festive mood? That's a veteran move.

[Photos: See Dallas rookie Dez Bryant in action ]

Even when you factor in the number of players who attended, it still comes out to a ridiculous amount of money spent on food and drink for each person. Active game-day rosters include 45 people. Figure that some people probably skipped the festivities, and some coaches and other personnel might have been there, and we'll guess it was around 50 people. That's still well over $1,000 per person.

Revenge must have been delicious.

Didn't know that, and that is pretty much what is going on here, the difference thou is Bryant was a 1st round pick before the new CBA restricting rookie contracts, and these guys are (I'm assuming here) mid to late round picks, maybe even a UDFA making as reported rookie minimum salaries, and 30K is around 2 game checks (net pay), big difference.

Also Bryant should have dropped down 3G's when the check came saying "that's for me, and Roy, and my share of the tip Peace"!

Archived