Sign in to follow this  
Klecko73isGod

The Dolphins have a serious bullying problem?

http://deadspin.com/report-miami-dolphins-bullying-not-limited-to-jonatha-1457688830?rev=1383509801&utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_facebook&utm_source=deadspin_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

So far, ESPN has been incredibly sensitive and empathetic in their coverage of this. Can you imagine ESPN if this was going on in New York?

Registered members do not see this ad. Click here to create your free account today.
Registered members do not see this ad. Click here to create your free account today.

http://deadspin.com/report-miami-dolphins-bullying-not-limited-to-jonatha-1457688830?rev=1383509801&utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_facebook&utm_source=deadspin_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

So far, ESPN has been incredibly sensitive and empathetic in their coverage of this. Can you imagine ESPN if this was going on in New York?

They would be ripping the Jets for not cutting Incognito immediately (and they'd probably be right).  They'll get there eventually with the Dolphins but it will take them a bit longer. 

Edited by nycdan

They would be ripping the Jets for not cutting Incognito immediately (and they'd probably be right).  They'll get there eventually with the Dolphins but it will take them a bit longer. 

That's right, because the Dolphins went undefeated 41 years ago which is still somehow relevant according to everyone who covers football.

That's right, because the Dolphins went undefeated 41 years ago which is still somehow relevant according to everyone who covers football.

I thought it was Marc Anthony and J-Lo being minority owners at one point that made them still a class organization.  This stuff confuses me!

The reality of the situation is that it's up to Martin to break a chair over Incognito's face. No third party is going to save you from being bullied. If you want to stop it, hurt them.

he's taking the other route and gonna hit the fins and the nfl where it hurts most. their wallets

Edited by neckdemon

The reality of the situation is that it's up to Martin to break a chair over Incognito's face. No third party is going to save you from being bullied. If you want to stop it, hurt them.

Hopefully he went to see Ender's Game this weekend and he'll figure that out.  But it sounds like there were multiple jackoffs involved (Pouncey was mentioned in one report).  No matter how big you are, 2-on-1 or 3-on-1 could be a problem.

Edited by nycdan

So they were shaking down rookies to pay for food?

ummm how do even 53 guys eat $30,000 worth of food in one meal?

I bet some NFL lawyers are getting nervous.  "workplace harassment" happens in every franchise they have.  If martin sues and wins and gets paid, the NFL has problems with every washed up jag scrub who wants to make a case because he can't walk right and is broke

that's really horrendous. how do coaches/management let that go on?

I haven't heard a inside the locker room bullying claim, I might have missed something, but most seems to be outside bullying like paying for dinner, coughing up money for vets to go to Vegas, Coaches can't stop that stuff they are not involved, and probably not informed about such behavior if the reports of the rookies being scared to not cough up the money, what do you think would make them not scared to tell the coach?

Well I sort of agree, you tell him to go **** himself, and the force him to try, and strong arm you physically then break a chair over his face if he does instead of backing off, you can explain that better lol.

But in all seriousness I recall Jeremy Shockey ******* someone up his rookie year in the lunch room because he refused to sing his college fight song, and the Vet got in his face, and Shockey let him have it, pretty sure that was the last time anyone ****ed with him, but I also suspect he got zero respect from his teammates because he didn't follow rookie protocol. Dez Bryant also got a lot of sh*t for not allowing Roy Williams to haze him refusing to carry his helmet, and shoulder pads, and Williams made it a public story, and Bryant basically said I'm here to play football not carry some else's equipment, but his context came off as a selfish prick according to NFL people, all agreeing Bryant was in the wrong, so that show's you what everyone really thinks about some hazing being okay.

Martin seems like a dish it out but cant take it type of guy

fwiw

The “bullying” that Martin was a victim of, he participated in the same prank a week prior when they pranked another one of the linemen. So dude flipped out because he was the one being pranked this time, but had no problem with it when someone else was?
Edited by Matt39