The Dolphins have a serious bullying problem?

Klecko73isGod

amazing how many people fell for this....did you see this dopes statement today?

lol

Oh what a coincidence Jonathan Martin;s mom has been practicing workplace harassment cases for 20 years. Total coincidence. Philbin's not going anywhere and this wont have any impact on Ireland's future. This dude is out of his mind crazy and his parents are narcissistic nitwits. Incognito was their target and they got him. How much you want to bet if anyone made this guys  life tough in the locker room it was Pouncey? 

What s stupid story. U-S-A...u sue anyone.

They both should get fired for trading up to draft Dion Jordan. Between this draft pick and Martin/ Incognito Miami is the #1 Circus in the NFL.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

to win a workplace lawsuit you normally have to demonstrate how something is actually happening, and that you went to your supervisor and nothing was done right ? 

this is all rumor and speculation  

but

if dick jr was told to toughen up martin by the coaches

if martin went to ireland about it and was told to punch dick in the face

then this isn't a case of him going awol and then faking it is it ?

to win a workplace lawsuit you normally have to demonstrate how something is actually happening, and that you went to your supervisor and nothing was done right ? 

this is all rumor and speculation  

but

if dick jr was told to toughen up martin by the coaches

if martin went to ireland about it and was told to punch dick in the face

then this isn't a case of him going awol and then faking it is it ?

Him and richie texted each other like HS girls. This is his mommy looking to make a name for herself and she's using her thumb sucking son.

amazing how many people fell for this....did you see this dopes statement today?

lol

Oh what a coincidence Jonathan Martin;s mom has been practicing workplace harassment cases for 20 years. Total coincidence. Philbin's not going anywhere and this wont have any impact on Ireland's future. This dude is out of his mind crazy and his parents are narcissistic nitwits. Incognito was their target and they got him. How much you want to bet if anyone made this guys life tough in the locker room it was Pouncey?

What s stupid story. U-S-A...u sue anyone.

In order for The Matt Theory to hold water, Martin is going to have to file a big-money lawsuit and never play again. Doesn't seem to be headed that way, IMO.

His mother's been planning this imo. She wants policy change within NFL locker rooms.

That'll earn the typical Roger Goodell "concerned face" press conference, followed by some unenforceable memorandum being sent around the league, and maybe some dude in a locker room getting a $20k fine for taping a rookie to a goal post. The league doesn't change. The players don't change. If that's what all this is about, it's as clueless on her part as it gets.

the Jon Martin's Mom is running ish theory ignores the fact that Richie Incognito is a documented scumbag for the last decade or more. 

Yeah well its looking fairly apparent Incognito's past here is irrelevant. His mom used him over Pouncey, well..you know why.Their end game is policy change and obviously $.  This is exactly what this woman specializes in.

lol and now he's claiming he's suffering from PTS

Him and richie texted each other like HS girls. This is his mommy looking to make a name for herself and she's using her thumb sucking son.

IF

the team told richie to toughen up martin....and.....

IF

martin went to ireland and was told to punch him in the face......

the texts have nothing to do with the story (martin was just trying to fit in) and mommy's evil agenda is just a conspiracy theory

IF those two rumors turn out to be fact, this was originated by the dolphins, not his mom, and could have been prevented by the dolphins

Ive played football and it's over the line to haze a guy this hard in his second year. If Incognito ceased being a bully when Martin reached his second year, we wouldn't be hearing about any of this. There's a new crop of rookies to haze, what he did went beyond rookie hazing.

Dude I agree, just saying this stuff happens.....it should not be a surprise.

In high school I played football but people knew me for baseball. My junior year I transferred schools and this fat unathletic slob was on a historic run, hitting .500, basically took us to the playoffs on his own. It was fun until he showed his true colors and started giving me the rookie treatment. I went along with it for awhile but after a few months, enough was enough. I was a pretty sheepish kid, but I had a better baseball pedigree than any of these guys did by the time they graduated and so, one day walking to our game, this kid tried pushing me around right in front of our coach. I told him if he didnt get his finger out of my face I was going to put his teeth in. The look of complete shock on both of them I will never forget. Bullies are pussies. Life throws you challenges. You either meet them or you live in fear. Life is too short to live in fear.

Exactly

LOL

It's the perfect media story--it's the seedy underworld of the NFL. There's race involved. Bullying is a huge topic these days, etc. everyone got the chance to overlay their own neuroses onto this one.

Bingo.

This story literally had people in the NFL and sports media saying, "this is how we reach house wives and PTA moms as a new demographic"

I wish I could go back and hang with my college buddies too and get paid for it.

he looks like a guy who unloaded his burdens in a 7 hour meeting and now gets to leave it up to his lawyers

I bet if we could see dick jr, ireland and the 0-line coach they look a little stressed

wonder why ?

he looks like a guy who unloaded his burdens in a 7 hour meeting and now gets to leave it up to his lawyers

I bet if we could see dick jr, ireland and the 0-line coach they look a little stressed

wonder why ?

this story is so silly and foolish I cant even bring myself to back and forth anymore. 

this story is so silly and foolish I cant even bring myself to back and forth anymore. 

yes you can.  you have 2,987 posts in this thread, you can do 2,988

the fact the NFL is interviewing dolphins players means martin didn't cave in his 7 hour statement and say "it's good, the locker room just got to me a little"

reports coming out this will take weeks to investigate fully.

doesn't sound like a guy who went AWOL, realized he was losing money, so made up a story does it ?  

IF it turns out to be true that martin went to ireland and was told to punch dick jr in the face, the dumpster fire will burn for months

and that's a good thing ;)

yes you can.  you have 2,987 posts in this thread, you can do 2,988

the fact the NFL is interviewing dolphins players means martin didn't cave in his 7 hour statement and say "it's good, the locker room just got to me a little"

reports coming out this will take weeks to investigate fully.

doesn't sound like a guy who went AWOL, realized he was losing money, so made up a story does it ?  

IF it turns out to be true that martin went to ireland and was told to punch dick jr in the face, the dumpster fire will burn for months

and that's a good thing ;)

Sounds like one guy being upset and taking it out on the entire team because he sucked at football The Dolphins looked fine on Sunday. Once the whistle blows no one is thinking about this silly case, just football.

Arod storms out of meeting. Theatrics ensue. Sounds familiar. Oh hey gee they have the same attorney.

um...Martin left. no theatrics outside media theatrics ensued. did Martin sleep with your sister and never call her again or something? you're making Martin out to be this villain, except he didn't actually do anything but leave an environment toxic to him and when things exploded, he hired a good lawyer.

um...Martin left. no theatrics outside media theatrics ensued. did Martin sleep with your sister and never call her again or something? you're making Martin out to be this villain, except he didn't actually do anything but leave an environment toxic to him and when things exploded, he hired a good lawyer.

He is a villain.

Sounds like one guy being upset and taking it out on the entire team because he sucked at football The Dolphins looked fine on Sunday. Once the whistle blows no one is thinking about this silly case, just football.

the NFL isn't continuing the investigation after a 7 hour meeting because he is making sh*t up cuz he sux at football

dolphins are down 2 starting o-lineman no matter how you slice it

if martin went to ireland, and ireland told him to punch dr jr in the face, then all this "why didn't he tell anyone or do anything" narrative is moot

sounds like you declared victory a wee bit early, lol

• 3 weeks later...

Richie Incognito's second interview in bullying investigation canceled

Tom Pelissero, USA TODAY Sports 10:56 a.m. EST December 11, 2013

DAVIE, Fla. – Suspended Miami Dolphins guard Richie Incognito's second interview with NFL-appointed investigator Ted Wells has been canceled as a key deadline looms for deciding his fate, a person with knowledge of the situation told USA TODAY Sports on Tuesday.

Incognito's representatives were informed the interview was off soon after teammate Jonathan Martin had his second meeting with Wells and his partners last week, according to the person, who spoke on condition of anonymity because they weren't authorized to speak publicly.

It wasn't immediately clear what that means for Incognito, 30, who recently left south Florida to have Thanksgiving at home with his family in Arizona and continue training in hopes of rejoining the Dolphins this season.

He cut a deal Nov. 21 to delay an expedited hearing for his grievance against the team and extend his suspension two weeks beyond the maximum allowed by the collective-bargaining agreement in exchange for reducing his financial loss to two game checks worth $470,588.

That extension expires Monday, one day after the Dolphins (7-6) host the New England Patriots, kicking off a stretch of three consecutive division games that will decide whether they end a four-year playoff drought.

Martin, 24, left the team Oct. 28 after a cafeteria prank and sought treatment for undisclosed mental health issues. Six days later, his representatives turned over evidence of alleged abuse to the Dolphins, who suspended Incognito for conduct detrimental to the team and asked Commissioner Roger Goodell for help with the issue.

The league hired Wells, a prominent criminal attorney, to lead an "independent" investigation of issues of workplace conduct with the Dolphins. Wells met with Martin for more than 7 hours on Nov. 15 and again Dec. 5, and with Incognito over two days Nov. 21 and 22.

The Dolphins officially ended Martin's season Nov. 30 by placing him on the non-football injury illness list. They are still paying his weekly salary of $35,733, according to NFL Players Association records obtained by USA TODAY Sports.

But the team hasn't ruled out a return for Incognito, at least not publicly. After reaching the deal Nov. 21, the Dolphins said in a statement Incognito was "cooperating fully" with the investigation. In his own statement, Incognito made clear he wanted to return.

"I will cooperate fully with the ongoing investigation with a goal of resuming my career with the Miami Dolphins at the conclusion of this investigation," Incognito said in the statement. "I love my teammates and hope we can put this distraction behind us soon."

Wells was at the Dolphins' facility last month to interview team officials and players. More interviews with players were scheduled for this week, but several players told USA TODAY Sports on Tuesday they hadn't been interviewed again.

Incognito's contract includes a base salary of $4 million this season and expires in March. Martin is under contract for two more years, with non-guaranteed base salaries of $824,933 in 2014 and $1,042,400 in 2015.

^Sounds like a couple deals have been cut in order to push this one under the carpet. Incognito will probably get his money back and released, and Martin will get traded.

I agree.  Except I can't imagine who would trade for Martin.  Aside from all the fun this caused for the NFL, the guy sucks

Archived