Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Klecko73isGod

The Dolphins have a serious bullying problem?

Recommended Posts

Arod storms out of meeting. Theatrics ensue. Sounds familiar. Oh hey gee they have the same attorney.

um...Martin left. no theatrics outside media theatrics ensued. did Martin sleep with your sister and never call her again or something? you're making Martin out to be this villain, except he didn't actually do anything but leave an environment toxic to him and when things exploded, he hired a good lawyer.

Edited by kay_gee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Registered members do not see this ad. Click here to create your free account today.
Registered members do not see this ad. Click here to create your free account today.

um...Martin left. no theatrics outside media theatrics ensued. did Martin sleep with your sister and never call her again or something? you're making Martin out to be this villain, except he didn't actually do anything but leave an environment toxic to him and when things exploded, he hired a good lawyer.

He is a villain.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds like one guy being upset and taking it out on the entire team because he sucked at football The Dolphins looked fine on Sunday. Once the whistle blows no one is thinking about this silly case, just football.

 

the NFL isn't continuing the investigation after a 7 hour meeting because he is making sh*t up cuz he sux at football

 

dolphins are down 2 starting o-lineman no matter how you slice it

 

if martin went to ireland, and ireland told him to punch dr jr in the face, then all this "why didn't he tell anyone or do anything" narrative is moot

 

sounds like you declared victory a wee bit early, lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Richie Incognito's second interview in bullying investigation canceled

Tom Pelissero, USA TODAY Sports 10:56 a.m. EST December 11, 2013

 

DAVIE, Fla. – Suspended Miami Dolphins guard Richie Incognito's second interview with NFL-appointed investigator Ted Wells has been canceled as a key deadline looms for deciding his fate, a person with knowledge of the situation told USA TODAY Sports on Tuesday.

 

Incognito's representatives were informed the interview was off soon after teammate Jonathan Martin had his second meeting with Wells and his partners last week, according to the person, who spoke on condition of anonymity because they weren't authorized to speak publicly.

 

 

It wasn't immediately clear what that means for Incognito, 30, who recently left south Florida to have Thanksgiving at home with his family in Arizona and continue training in hopes of rejoining the Dolphins this season.

 

He cut a deal Nov. 21 to delay an expedited hearing for his grievance against the team and extend his suspension two weeks beyond the maximum allowed by the collective-bargaining agreement in exchange for reducing his financial loss to two game checks worth $470,588.

 

That extension expires Monday, one day after the Dolphins (7-6) host the New England Patriots, kicking off a stretch of three consecutive division games that will decide whether they end a four-year playoff drought.

 

Martin, 24, left the team Oct. 28 after a cafeteria prank and sought treatment for undisclosed mental health issues. Six days later, his representatives turned over evidence of alleged abuse to the Dolphins, who suspended Incognito for conduct detrimental to the team and asked Commissioner Roger Goodell for help with the issue.

 

The league hired Wells, a prominent criminal attorney, to lead an "independent" investigation of issues of workplace conduct with the Dolphins. Wells met with Martin for more than 7 hours on Nov. 15 and again Dec. 5, and with Incognito over two days Nov. 21 and 22.

 

The Dolphins officially ended Martin's season Nov. 30 by placing him on the non-football injury illness list. They are still paying his weekly salary of $35,733, according to NFL Players Association records obtained by USA TODAY Sports.

 

But the team hasn't ruled out a return for Incognito, at least not publicly. After reaching the deal Nov. 21, the Dolphins said in a statement Incognito was "cooperating fully" with the investigation. In his own statement, Incognito made clear he wanted to return.

"I will cooperate fully with the ongoing investigation with a goal of resuming my career with the Miami Dolphins at the conclusion of this investigation," Incognito said in the statement. "I love my teammates and hope we can put this distraction behind us soon."

 

Wells was at the Dolphins' facility last month to interview team officials and players. More interviews with players were scheduled for this week, but several players told USA TODAY Sports on Tuesday they hadn't been interviewed again.

 

Incognito's contract includes a base salary of $4 million this season and expires in March. Martin is under contract for two more years, with non-guaranteed base salaries of $824,933 in 2014 and $1,042,400 in 2015.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^Sounds like a couple deals have been cut in order to push this one under the carpet. Incognito will probably get his money back and released, and Martin will get traded.

 

I agree.  Except I can't imagine who would trade for Martin.  Aside from all the fun this caused for the NFL, the guy sucks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

×