The Dolphins have a serious bullying problem?

Klecko73isGod

Buddy if there's a problem feel free to PM me. Unless you want to disclose this slur I used...I'll keep waiting for that. 

I was never backing Incognito- I was defending the sanctity of the locker room. Something I'd imagine you've never been in.

Let's take it to the parking lot bro!  My d*** is gigantic!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry I disagree, I am talking about the locker room not the office. It's one thing to pick up dinner or lunch (which is almost a customary thing in sports) and its another thing to take abuse from a nut job. The guy crossed the line period, and he is lucky that someone hadn't already rearranged his nose. 

Fair enough, but that's the point I'm making, the distinction between office and locker room is usually made only by us fans. Whether we want to acknowledge it or not, this is their job, their way of earning a living and providing for their family.  You beat the sh*t out of someone and you put that in jeopardy.  

Fair enough, but that's the point I'm making, the distinction between office and locker room is usually made only by us fans. Whether we want to acknowledge it or not, this is their job, their way of earning a living and providing for their family.  You beat the sh*t out of someone and you put that in jeopardy.  

The locker room and the office is in now way comparable imo. I dont understand the public's desire for a professional locker room abiding by the same rules as a Fortune 500 company. The inner workings of a locker room really affect you?

Dolphins players like Martin, but love Incognito Players voice more support for the veteran guard than the young tackle
  •  

69826262.jpg

Jonathan Martin #71 of the Miami Dolphins talks ot the media after the rookie minicamp on May 4, 2012 at the Miami Dolphins training facility in Davie, Florida (Joel Auerbach, Getty Images / May 4, 2012)

By Chris Perkins

8:02 a.m. ESTNovember 5, 2013

DAVIE – In the macho, testosterone-filled NFLDolphins guard Richie Incognito is a guy you want on your team. Or at least that’s what the Dolphins would lead you to believe.

Incognito, the Pro Bowl guard, is almost universally loved in the Dolphins’ lockerroom.

I say “almost” because I have a feeling tackle Jonathan Martin might not feel the same way.

The key is Martin’s teammates seem to feel that way.

Defensive end Derrick Shelby was asked Monday if he’d be fine with Martin returning to the team. Shelby said yes.

“Forgive and forget,” he said. “It’s in the Bible.”

Martin, the guy who left the team because he was allegedly being bullied by Incogntio, is the one that to be forgiven?

Perhaps Shelby simply misspoke. After all, he’s one of the players who actually took the time to send Martin a text to check on his well-being.

But the deeper part of Shelby’s sentiment, the part that fascinates me, is the players seemed to have little regard for Martin on a personal level. It’s almost as though the train is pulling out of the station, and if Martin isn’t on it he’ll be left behind. Damn his feelings.

I understand that’s life in the NFL. The schedule won’t wait for this Incognito-Martin issue to be resolved. There’s another game coming up, Monday in Tampa Bay. From that standpoint, the players can’t stand still. They have to move forward. They have to focus on their profession. I get it.

However, there was very little compassion in the Dolphins’ lockerroom on Monday. And that’s more troubling than having a leadership void.

It’s interesting that in the civilian world, the non-football world, that is, Martin gets a certain degree of credit for having the courage to say he refuses to be bullied anymore.

In the NFL/sports world, however, it’s almost as though Martin is the problem. It’s as though he shouldn’t have allowed himself to be bullied. He’s 6-foot-5, more than 300 pounds. He should have taken care of this physically, man-to-man. He’s in the NFL.

It makes you wonder.

You wonder if Martin’s teammates have seen what Incognito is alleged to have said in that phone message to Martin. You wonder if they know Incognito is alleged to have used a racial slur, alleged to have said he wanted to defecate in Martin’s mouth, and alleged to have said he wants to slap Martin’s mother in the face.

And you wonder if they did know – most of these guys are online frequently – if it pained them to walk the company line on Monday, supporting a guy who reportedly harassed and bullied Martin to the point he doesn’t feel it’s a safe work environment.

The NFL doesn’t allow much space for individuals. You have to conform, you have to do what you're told, you have to be a team player. And above all, don't complain. Otherwise, you’re a problem child.  

Dolphins players didn’t offer Martin nearly the same support Monday as they did Incognito, a meat-and-potatoes guy if ever there was one.

The players love Incognito, they like Martin. Incognito is a better player than Martin. And Incognito is the resident funny guy, the cut-up, the class clown, the crazy one who keeps everyone laughing.

Martin is reserved, quiet, much more of an introvert. And he’s allowed seven sacks.

This is a huge problem. And let’s be honest, it’s what complicates this situation for players as well as coach Joe Philbin and the Dolphins. They both like and need Incognito, apparently more than Martin.

Here’s what the players told each other on Monday:

“Stick together,” cornerback R.J. Stanford said. “And just leave it up to Philbin, because I know the NFL is about to do a review on it. Besides that, Philbin is taking care of it and he’s just giving us information as it comes along.”

That's what NFL teams tell their players. "Don't worry about it, we'll handle it. You just focus on winning."

Football players often wear blinders during the season. They don’t read the vast majority of things written about the team. So it’s possible on Monday, when the horde of national media invaded their lockerroom, they truly didn’t know what Incognito is alleged to have said and done.

But the Dolphins are off today. You can be sure players will do some investigating on their own and not totally trust the words coming from Philbin and the organization.

So maybe Wednesday’s responses will differ from Monday’s. Maybe Martin’s teammates will show a more human, compassionate side.

We’ll see.

The locker room and the office is in now way comparable imo. I dont understand the public's desire for a professional locker room abiding by the same rules as a Fortune 500 company. The inner workings of a locker room really affect you?

It doesn't effect me, I don't know why you feel the need to defend this. I've been in locker rooms with fights, our starting fullback beat the hell out of the QB and got sh*tcanned to Uconn. My point is that it's a job for these guys, physically assaulting someone because they are bothering you is not going to fly just because it's a locker room. Martin is not a Jonathan Ogden where his play overcomes any of his actions; if he beat the hell out of Incognito, lost all friends in the locker room, that's definitely a risk to his job. I honestly don't know how you can defend physical assault as a way to mediate a disagreement. 

It doesn't effect me, I don't know why you feel the need to defend this. I've been in locker rooms with fights, our starting fullback beat the hell out of the QB and got sh*tcanned to Uconn. My point is that it's a job for these guys, physically assaulting someone because they are bothering you is not going to fly just because it's a locker room. Martin is not a Jonathan Ogden where his play overcomes any of his actions; if he beat the hell out of Incognito, lost all friends in the locker room, that's definitely a risk to his job. I honestly don't know how you can defend physical assault as a way to mediate a disagreement. 

Sorry I misinterpreted your post. Don't agree with fighting obviously- but again the media shouldnt be intervening either imo. TO whooped Hugh Douglas' ass in the locker room without much fanfare. 

Which racial slur did I use that caused RJF to leave the board? Please, if you're going to accuse me of something, at least have the balls to back up your claim. 

It's amazing that you know exactly who he was talking about seeing as he didn't mention anyone by name. 

I have a feeling you know exactly what you said. 

It's amazing that you know exactly who he was talking about seeing as he didn't mention anyone by name. 

I have a feeling you know exactly what you said. 

I knew he was talking to me because its like the 20th time he's done it. I called RJF Van Kaiser from Mike Tyson's Punch-Out(he was a boxer correct) it was a joke. Von Kaiser was a character on the game that looked like an old German soldier from World War One, a parody of Kaiser Wilhelm I'd assume. He interpreted it as anti-semetic and then called me Hitler. That's 1 million percent as it happened. 

It's interesting that people who are 1,2000 + miles away, and know nothing about what went on in that locker room, are outraged, and horrified about what they want to have happened, so they can be politically correct.

The players who were there, and are quite aware what was said and what was done are shrugging their shoulders, and pretty much saying nothing inappropriate happened here, that's what goes on in an NFL locker room.  

The media of course is out raged, that's what they do, slant stories.  get people to react  with outrage, destroy the local team. and sell papers.  

All the people who are outraged , seem to forget on hard knocks a player on the Jets who was roughed up,  duct taped to a goal post, had flour, and Gator aide poured on him, and left there for several hours in the middle of the night.  Everyone thought that was a riot, because the guy came off as a jerk.

I', sure Incognito is an A-Hole, but in an NFL locker room this is accepted.  Of course these players that are siding with Incognito will be silenced today by the Fish, and the NFL, but the heck with there rights to tell the truth

The thing that I think is getting lost in the wash, is that Incognito was mercilessly bullied when he was younger for being fat and it didn't stop until Senior told him to fight back: Richie apparently knocked the kid out and I guess we know the rest. I could leave the psych eval to the EY, but it's not surprising to see someone who was previously bullied, to realize the power he has over others when he does it and continue to lead that type of life. Richie seems like a sadist and a sh*tty human being, but it doesn't appear that his upbringing helped too much.  This still feels like a systemic problem and if this causes their team to go into a tailspin, I fully expect Ross to start rolling heads.

The thing that I think is getting lost in the wash, is that Incognito was mercilessly bullied when he was younger for being fat and it didn't stop until Senior told him to fight back: Richie apparently knocked the kid out and I guess we know the rest. I could leave the psych eval to the EY, but it's not surprising to see someone who was previously bullied, to realize the power he has over others when he does it and continue to lead that type of life. Richie seems like a sadist and a sh*tty human being, but it doesn't appear that his upbringing helped too much.  This still feels like a systemic problem and if this causes their team to go into a tailspin, I fully expect Ross to start rolling heads.

I'd guess his parents are probably dopes as well.

All the people who are outraged , seem to forget on hard knocks a player on the Jets who was roughed up, taped to a goal post, had flour, and Gator aide poured on him, and left there for several hours in the middle of the night.  Everyone thought that was a riot, because the guy came off as a jerk.

it's one thing for a little rookie hazing. Jon Martin isn't a rookie anymore. He was being harassed as a second year player and from his perspective it might have never ended. Martin  isn't as tough as he should be maybe but Incognito bullied him past a breaking point. There's no need for a veteran former Pro Bowler to harass the crap out of a second year player. These are supposed to be teammates. This is totally what happens when you sign Richie Incognito btw. ANyone defending this as PC run amok is not familiar with this player's history. He's a well documented a$$hole. the real culprit is Jeff IReland for incompetence.

Judging by his posts on FinHeaven, Richie Senior was probably no picnic as a father. 

Still doesn't justify the type of crappy human being he continues to be. 

it's one thing for a little rookie hazing. Jon Martin isn't a rookie anymore. He was being harassed as a second year player and from his perspective it might have never ended. Martin has his own history of depression and suicide attempts etc. Incognito bullied him past a breaking poin t. This is totally what happens when you sign Richie Incognito btw. ANyone defending this as PC run amok is not familiar with this player's history. He's a well documented a$$hole. the real culprit is Jeff IReland for incompetence.

What the hell is Martin doing in a locker room if he's suicidal? Is that true? He's a rather young guy- his parents had to have known about this? That's not safe for anyone.

<p>

Miami Dolphins Blog

Home > Sports > Miami Dolphins Blog

Dolphins players like Martin, but love Incognito Players voice more support for the veteran guard than the young tackle

69826262.jpg

Jonathan Martin #71 of the Miami Dolphins talks ot the media after the rookie minicamp on May 4, 2012 at the Miami Dolphins training facility in Davie, Florida (Joel Auerbach, Getty Images / May 4, 2012)

By Chris Perkins

8:02 a.m. EST, November 5, 2013

DAVIE – In the macho, testosterone-filled NFL, Dolphins guard Richie Incognito is a guy you want on your team. Or at least that’s what the Dolphins would lead you to believe.

Incognito, the Pro Bowl guard, is almost universally loved in the Dolphins’ lockerroom.

I say “almost” because I have a feeling tackle Jonathan Martin might not feel the same way.

The key is Martin’s teammates seem to feel that way.

Defensive end Derrick Shelby was asked Monday if he’d be fine with Martin returning to the team. Shelby said yes.

“Forgive and forget,” he said. “It’s in the Bible.”

Martin, the guy who left the team because he was allegedly being bullied by Incogntio, is the one that to be forgiven?

Perhaps Shelby simply misspoke. After all, he’s one of the players who actually took the time to send Martin a text to check on his well-being.

But the deeper part of Shelby’s sentiment, the part that fascinates me, is the players seemed to have little regard for Martin on a personal level. It’s almost as though the train is pulling out of the station, and if Martin isn’t on it he’ll be left behind. Damn his feelings.

I understand that’s life in the NFL. The schedule won’t wait for this Incognito-Martin issue to be resolved. There’s another game coming up, Monday in Tampa Bay. From that standpoint, the players can’t stand still. They have to move forward. They have to focus on their profession. I get it.

However, there was very little compassion in the Dolphins’ lockerroom on Monday. And that’s more troubling than having a leadership void.

It’s interesting that in the civilian world, the non-football world, that is, Martin gets a certain degree of credit for having the courage to say he refuses to be bullied anymore.

In the NFL/sports world, however, it’s almost as though Martin is the problem. It’s as though he shouldn’t have allowed himself to be bullied. He’s 6-foot-5, more than 300 pounds. He should have taken care of this physically, man-to-man. He’s in the NFL.

It makes you wonder.

You wonder if Martin’s teammates have seen what Incognito is alleged to have said in that phone message to Martin. You wonder if they know Incognito is alleged to have used a racial slur, alleged to have said he wanted to defecate in Martin’s mouth, and alleged to have said he wants to slap Martin’s mother in the face.

And you wonder if they did know – most of these guys are online frequently – if it pained them to walk the company line on Monday, supporting a guy who reportedly harassed and bullied Martin to the point he doesn’t feel it’s a safe work environment.

The NFL doesn’t allow much space for individuals. You have to conform, you have to do what you're told, you have to be a team player. And above all, don't complain. Otherwise, you’re a problem child.

Dolphins players didn’t offer Martin nearly the same support Monday as they did Incognito, a meat-and-potatoes guy if ever there was one.

The players love Incognito, they like Martin. Incognito is a better player than Martin. And Incognito is the resident funny guy, the cut-up, the class clown, the crazy one who keeps everyone laughing.

Martin is reserved, quiet, much more of an introvert. And he’s allowed seven sacks.

This is a huge problem. And let’s be honest, it’s what complicates this situation for players as well as coach Joe Philbin and the Dolphins. They both like and need Incognito, apparently more than Martin.

Here’s what the players told each other on Monday:

“Stick together,” cornerback R.J. Stanford said. “And just leave it up to Philbin, because I know the NFL is about to do a review on it. Besides that, Philbin is taking care of it and he’s just giving us information as it comes along.”

That's what NFL teams tell their players. "Don't worry about it, we'll handle it. You just focus on winning."

Football players often wear blinders during the season. They don’t read the vast majority of things written about the team. So it’s possible on Monday, when the horde of national media invaded their lockerroom, they truly didn’t know what Incognito is alleged to have said and done.

But the Dolphins are off today. You can be sure players will do some investigating on their own and not totally trust the words coming from Philbin and the organization.

So maybe Wednesday’s responses will differ from Monday’s. Maybe Martin’s teammates will show a more human, compassionate side.

We’ll see.

Football teams, by nature, are compliance factories. Anyone who diverts from the cause is ostracized. Stockholm Syndrome. Not surprising to see players--especially veterans--turn on an outlier. Ever see Full Metal Jacket? Martin is Lawrence.

Judging by his posts on FinHeaven, Richie Senior was probably no picnic as a father. 

Still doesn't justify the type of crappy human being he continues to be. 

Not absolving his behavior at all, it's just a bit telling of his personality knowing that he was bullied when he was younger. His defense in the locker room tells me more that there's a bunch of goons in it than civilized men, but that's not too surprising. 

**As an aside, I remember in high school, one of our offensive lineman was being teased by someone half his size for years on end, pretty brutal. eventually he just snapped one day and told him to meet him outside: he beat the living sh*t out of him and in the heat of things hit him with a nearby object, even after the kid was beaten pretty badly. He was lucky, as the parents didn't press serious charges, knowing their son was just as much at fault, but he was put on probation for assault w/a deadly weapon for a couple years. These are just high school kids, I can't imagine what would happen when grown elite athletes go at it, it's just bad news. So that's why I say this type of behavior can certainly risk someone's career, even if it's in a locker room. I know there's been plenty of fights in locker rooms before, it's just not something I think that should be condoned or encouraged.

Not absolving his behavior at all, it's just a bit telling of his personality knowing that he was bullied when he was younger. His defense in the locker room tells me more that there's a bunch of goons in it than civilized men, but that's not too surprising. 

**As an aside, I remember in high school, one of our offensive lineman was being teased by someone half his size for years on end, pretty brutal. eventually he just snapped one day and told him to meet him outside: he beat the living sh*t out of him and in the heat of things hit him with a nearby object, even after the kid was beaten pretty badly. He was lucky, as the parents didn't press serious charges, knowing their son was just as much at fault, but he was put on probation for assault w/a deadly weapon for a couple years. These are just high school kids, I can't imagine what would happen when grown elite athletes go at it, it's just bad news. So that's why I say this type of behavior can certainly risk someone's career, even if it's in a locker room. I know there's been plenty of fights in locker rooms before, it's just not something I think that should be condoned or encouraged.

Many offensive linemen are goons by nature- between the steroids and the liqour...it's generally a bad mix. The offensive linemen at Siena(team was god awful) would rip out the sinks and washing machines every weekend....awesome when you live on the bottom floor. 

Jumbo Elliot punched a female when he was on the Jets. Fabini kicked out the back of a cop car. You just try not to cross paths we these types of guys. Bouncers too. One punch and youre done.

Football teams, by nature, are compliance factories. Anyone who diverts from the cause is ostracized. Stockholm Syndrome. Not surprising to see players--especially veterans--turn on an outlier. Ever see Full Metal Jacket? Martin is Lawrence.

Your right.

My point is, that this isn't an aberration, this has never happened before, this stuff goes on all the time.  The military is loaded with it. Or at least it was.  99% of the victims of it just take it in stride.

The incident that happened with the Jets, that was captured on National TV, actually was much more serious.  The guy was actually physically assaulted, (an attack by more then one person is a felony, Taped to a goal post (unlawful restraint, another felony)  but everyone thought it was funny.  Simply because the media didn't lead the lemmings on a witch hunt.   Rex was popular then, and the Jets were NY's darlings.  

I haven't heard any reports of physical assaults of that nature on Martin.  

Many offensive linemen are goons by nature- between the steroids and the liqour...it's generally a bad mix. The offensive linemen at Siena(team was god awful) would rip out the sinks and washing machines every weekend....awesome when you live on the bottom floor. 

Jumbo Elliot punched a female when he was on the Jets. Fabini kicked out the back of a cop car. You just try not to cross paths we these types of guys. Bouncers too. One punch and youre done.

Very true, I'm sure Martin is no angel here either, my point was just that I don't like the idea of many criticizing Martin for not physically attacking Incognito, just because he's 6'5 300+. The Olineman at our high school was actually the nicest kid, never was in a fight before or after, but finally reached the point where he couldn't take it anymore and snapped. He was lucky that there weren't serious charges pressed or his life could have been ruined: try getting into a good school when you did time in jail for assault with a deadly weapon. I think one of the bigger problems is that the organization didn't have an atmosphere where a player felt comfortable expressing these issues. Since there were rumors that Martin wasn't living up to expectations, I wouldn't at all be surprised if you see reports that assistant coaches asked some of these guys to get on him and ride him a bit to toughen him up or get him in the weight room. Richie is a goon, that's obvious, but it seems like this is gonna be a bigger issue. 

You went to Siena? I grew up 15 mins north of there, how'd ya like it? All my friends who went there really enjoyed it, said their alumni program helped them out getting jobs and into grad school quite a bit.

What the hell is Martin doing in a locker room if he's suicidal? Is that true? He's a rather young guy- his parents had to have known about this? That's not safe for anyone.

it's actually not verified I edited it out of my original post. That was something from the dad at finheaven thread. I don't think Jon Martin's psychiatric history has ever officially entered into the public record.

Your right.

My point is, that this isn't an aberration, this has never happened before, this stuff goes on all the time.  The military is loaded with it. Or at least it was.  99% of the victims of it just take it in stride.

The incident that happened with the Jets, that was captured on National TV, actually was much more serious.  The guy was actually physically assaulted, (an attack by more then one person is a felony, Taped to a goal post (unlawful restraint, another felony)  but everyone thought it was funny.  Simply because the media didn't lead the lemmings on a witch hunt.   Rex was popular then, and the Jets were NY's darlings.  

I haven't heard any reports of physical assaults of that nature on Martin.  

the difference is timing. that rookie in hard knocks got it bad for a few days in TC. Martin was subjected to a hostile work environment for multiple years. The hard knocks vet didn't call the rookie and threaten to kill him in the offseason etc. Incognito's harassment of Martin was borderline stalker. 

Very true, I'm sure Martin is no angel here either, my point was just that I don't like the idea of many criticizing Martin for not physically attacking Incognito, just because he's 6'5 300+. The Olineman at our high school was actually the nicest kid, never was in a fight before or after, but finally reached the point where he couldn't take it anymore and snapped. He was lucky that there weren't serious charges pressed or his life could have been ruined: try getting into a good school when you did time in jail for assault with a deadly weapon. I think one of the bigger problems is that the organization didn't have an atmosphere where a player felt comfortable expressing these issues. Since there were rumors that Martin wasn't living up to expectations, I wouldn't at all be surprised if you see reports that assistant coaches asked some of these guys to get on him and ride him a bit to toughen him up or get him in the weight room. Richie is a goon, that's obvious, but it seems like this is gonna be a bigger issue. 

You went to Siena? I grew up 15 mins north of there, how'd ya like it? All my friends who went there really enjoyed it, said their alumni program helped them out getting jobs and into grad school quite a bit.

Great four years. The adminstration could drive you nuts(like most colleges) but your friends are exactly right, the career center is top notch- very helpful.

the difference is timing. that rookie in hard knocks got it bad for a few days in TC. Martin was subjected to a hostile work environment for multiple years. The hard knocks vet didn't call the rookie and threaten to kill him in the offseason etc. Incognito's harassment of Martin was borderline stalker. 

Then you have pictures of Martin and Incognito sitting together on a plane yucking it up.  Incognito has always had the rep of being a screw ball, so as an individual it's hard to defend him, and that's why he makes such an easy target.

If these death threats were real, I just don't think he would would be putting them on recording.  IMO think he was busting the guys chops (In a stupid and crude manner)   but don't think they were intended as true death threats.  Comments from team mates seem to back this up.

It's going to be interesting to see where this goes.  Clearly there were more players involved in this, and the extortion end of it according to articles posted, is league wide.  Several articles about rookies being shamed/forced into picking up $20,000, tabs.

Is the NFL going to go crazy and do a Saints type percussion of the Fish? (That would be cool)  Is Vernon Gholston going to sue the Jets, and Rex Ryan, for sending a very loosely wrapped fringe player out to beat him up?  

Ordering a player to break league rules and beat up another player to see if he will fight is also a felony in real life.

A lot of things here to worry the NFL.  They are in super protection mode from lawsuits 

Then you have pictures of Martin and Incognito sitting together on a plane yucking it up.  Incognito has always had the rep of being a screw ball, so as an individual it's hard to defend him, and that's why he makes such an easy target.

If these death threats were real, I just don't think he would would be putting them on recording.  IMO think he was busting the guys chops (In a stupid and crude manner)   but don't think they were intended as true death threats.  Comments from team mates seem to back this up.

It's going to be interesting to see where this goes.  Clearly there were more players involved in this, and the extortion end of it according to articles posted, is league wide.  Several articles about rookies being shamed/forced into picking up $20,000, tabs.

Is the NFL going to go crazy and do a Saints type percussion of the Fish? (That would be cool)  Is Vernon Gholston going to sue the Jets, and Rex Ryan, for sending a very loosely wrapped fringe player out to beat him up?  

Ordering a player to break league rules and beat up another player to see if he will fight is also a felony in real life.

A lot of things here to worry the NFL.  They are in super protection mode from lawsuits 

Dont think it matters what the team or Incognito think but rather, what Martin thinks.  If Martin felt a 2% chance they were real, then this is a very serious matter.  The recordings are real.  They've got the tape.  The intent from the person delivering doesnt matter, its the perception of the person receiving the message that does...and its pretty clear how he feels.

Hasn't Gholston raped the Jets for enough already?

sometimes people laugh at situations that are wildly inappropriate just cause they don't know how else to react. I've seen those pics and it looks like he's trying to make the best of a terrible seating arrangement. whether you think they are true death threats or not, that's not how the world works. co-workers can't threaten other co-workers, call them racist names, talk about harming their family, put it all on recording (!) and expect it's gonna be ok in 2013. SOme might say life was better when this sort of thing would go unpunished, the victims would disagree. Again I can't get over the timing of it, if Martin was a rookie and this was September, maybe he's being overly sensitive. there's no reason for Incognito to haze Martin for 2+ years.

If we continue to attack each other instead of the fish in this thread, I'm gonna have to lock it. And that would be a shame.

Apologies slats, but I just wanted to clear my name and the situation. Would prefer not to be labeled something I'm not.

Dont think it matters what the team or Incognito think but rather, what Martin thinks.  If Martin felt a 2% chance they were real, then this is a very serious matter.  The recordings are real.  They've got the tape.  The intent from the person delivering doesnt matter, its the perception of the person receiving the message that does...and its pretty clear how he feels.

This be true JiF, but think about the things that have happened on the board over the years.

Some of the most classic, and fun threads, have been people going all Emo, and melting down.  Some of the things, if taken out of context could easily be considered bulling, or threat's.    

I was even going to go dig some of them up, but figured it would get some people all excited again.  Of course a rational person  would take the things being said as just joking and teasing, but by the emotional  reaction of some of the less mature posters, if taken independent,  would perhaps indicate a death threat.

Have you not threatened to do obscene things to the very sensitive Mr Shane?   :) 

This be true JiF, but think about the things that have happened on the board over the years.

Some of the most classic, and fun threads, have been people going all Emo, and melting down.  Some of the things, if taken out of context could easily be considered bulling, or threat's.    

I was even going to go dig some of them up, but figured it would get some people all excited again.  Of course a rational person  would take the things being said as just joking and teasing, but by the emotional  reaction of some of the less mature posters, if taken independent,  would perhaps indicate a death threat.

Have you not threatened to do obscene things to the very sensitive Mr Shane?   :)

No.  I'm above that.  Shane has threatened me multiple times.  But the difference is, I've never met Shane.  Dont want to and never plan on it. Therefore, his threats dont bother me.  Now, if I worked with Shane and saw him on a daily basis and he knew my name, had my phone #, knew where I live, my family, etc., then yes, I'd probably be a little worried that some psycho who has threatened my multiple times might actually act on those threats.

Big difference between threatening some dude on the interwebz you'll never see and threatening a co-worker you see daily.

Archived