The Dolphins have a serious bullying problem?

Klecko73isGod

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well guys,Incognito is suspended.. 

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000276100/article/richie-incognito-suspended-by-miami-dolphins

Miami Dolphins guard Richie Incognito has been suspended indefinitely by the team, Incognito told NFL Media's Jeff Darlington on Sunday. Coach Joe Philbin delivered the news to Incognito.

The team later confirmed the suspension for conduct detrimental to the team.

The news came after a day that included a flurry of developments concerning Dolphins tackleJonathan Martin's absence from the team. Martin, who left the team last week after an emotional breakdown, is expected to be placed on the non-football illness list this week.

Incognito's role in Martin's absence has come under question. ESPN reported Sunday that Incognito convinced Martin to contribute $15,000 to help finance a trip to Las Vegas, even though Martin didn't go. Other reported instances of intimidation were allegedly captured in voicemails and texts.

Martin formally notified the Dolphins on Sunday about potential player misconduct.

"We received notification today from Jonathan's representation about allegations of player misconduct," the Dolphins said Sunday in a statement. "We are taking these allegations very seriously and plan to review the matter further. We have also reached out to the NFL and asked them to conduct an objective and thorough review. As an organization, we are committed to a culture of team-first accountability and respect for one another."

The NFL has been in contact with the team on the matter, but the suspension came from the team.

"We have been in contact with the team on this matter since last week and we will conduct a thorough review," the NFL said Sunday in a statement.

I heard that this might be a hate crime - haven't read the thread - what a sh*t show though, damn.

This cry baby will probably say that, but I'm sure it's total BS.  NFL teams are what?  65% black.   Total BS.  

Martins a wuss for not hitting him over the head with a blunt object.  

I heard that this might be a hate crime - haven't read the thread - what a sh*t show though, damn.

you knew that was coming

Yea, apparently there's multiple voice-mail recordings of Incognito that are going to be beyond damning to his case.  Also deadspin is reporting that Incognito's father has gone onto multiple forums to defend his son, using racial slurs and going as far as to say Martin and others should just kill themselves.  Wonder where Richie got it from.

This cry baby will probably say that, but I'm sure it's total BS.  NFL teams are what?  65% black.   Total BS.  

I dunno man, football is a brutal sport and if you become emotionally detached from all your teammates who no longer want to talk to you because you didn't pay $15 grand for a trip you didn't even attend, it just becomes a job where you're getting the sh*t beat out of you. I couldn't imagine playing football and having none of that camaraderie; I only played D1 sports, nothing further, but losing that brotherhood, while getting physically beaten down and being only 24 years old can be pretty tough. It's hard to judge someone without knowing the whole situation.

Yea, apparently there's multiple voice-mail recordings of Incognito that are going to be beyond damning to his case.  Also deadspin is reporting that Incognito's father has gone onto multiple forums to defend his son, using racial slurs and going as far as to say Martin and others should just kill themselves.  Wonder where Richie got it from.

There's one big element to this situation we dont know about yet imo...something is off. 

My guess is Martin is gay. This sh*t is just getting started... and the default "it's football, he's big, he should have just hit him" argument is stupid, there is protocol even amongst the morons who play football.

Ah, i can see this coming.  The dude's gonna turn out gay

I think that's what was mentioned, whether implicitly or implied, when this was first being reported.  Wouldn't be surprised if that were the case, regardless of what the reasoning is, Incognito seems to have only further solidified himself as a waste of life. 

I've been through some of the rituals of sports' hazing, but nothing too severe or dangerous. I think the carrying of teammates' pads and certain things can be okay, but when you start going to the higher levels you see in Frats, Sororities and now these sports' teams, it can lead to the opposite results you want.  The problem with some of this hazing is that it causes stress and hostility from inside the group, the guys who are supposed to be your brothers, which often leads to negative outcomes. While it's an extreme example, the Russian military is probably the perfect example: hazing is routine in their ranks and it was proven that those who were subjected to the worst of the hazing were the first to break rank and desert under combatant fire in Chechnya. Now, I'm not trying to compare war to football, but this example is one of the preeminent ones used in psychology when discussing hazing and its negative impacts on the group.

My guess is Martin is gay. This sh*t is just getting started... and the default "it's football, he's big, he should have just hit him" argument is stupid, there is protocol even amongst the morons who play football.

Exactly. While it is a sport where people get paid exorbitant amounts of money, it ultimately still is a job and the sole way people provide for their family. I don't care how big someone is in stature, they don't deserve to be physically or emotionally threatened at their place of work. Not sure how this is even a discussion. 

Well I sort of agree, you tell him to go **** himself, and the force him to try, and strong arm you physically then break a chair over his face if he does instead of backing off, you can explain that better lol.

But in all seriousness I recall Jeremy Shockey ******* someone up his rookie year in the lunch room because he refused to sing his college fight song, and the Vet got in his face, and Shockey let him have it, pretty sure that was the last time anyone ****ed with him, but I also suspect he got zero respect from his teammates because he didn't follow rookie protocol. Dez Bryant also got a lot of sh*t for not allowing Roy Williams to haze him refusing to carry his helmet, and shoulder pads, and Williams made it a public story, and Bryant basically said I'm here to play football not carry some else's equipment, but his context came off as a selfish prick according to NFL people, all agreeing Bryant was in the wrong, so that show's you what everyone really thinks about some hazing being okay.

It's all fun and games, until they mess with the wrong rookie, and then when the rookie, beats the living sh*t out of a guy like In-Cog-Neet-Toe...the rookie is the bad guy, give me a break...same crap happens in the College ranks and even worse......again, it stops when the rookie rearranges the face of one or more....

Incognito's dad sounds like a real piece of work:

http://deadspin.com/is-richie-incognitos-dad-blasting-jonathan-martin-on-m-1457997230

Apparently he's a huge Jets fan and wants Richie to play for the Jets and kick the Dolphins' asses. :rl:

The threatening voicemail Richie Incognito left for Jonathan Martin has been revealed and heard by both the Dolphins and the NFL.
ESPN's Adam Schefter has the vile quotes. "Hey, wassup, you half n----- piece of (expletive). I saw you on Twitter, you been training ten weeks. (I want to) (expletive) in your (expletive) mouth. (I'm going to) slap your (expletive) mouth. (I'm going to) slap your real mother across the face (laughter). (Expletive) you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you." Jonathan Martin has left the team and Incognito has been suspended indefinitely.
Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter Nov 4 - 12:23 PM

Yea, that seems like a guy who's just out having some fun. 

It's all fun and games, until they mess with the wrong rookie, and then when the rookie, beats the living sh*t out of a guy like In-Cog-Neet-Toe...the rookie is the bad guy, give me a break...same crap happens in the College ranks and even worse......again, it stops when the rookie rearranges the face of one or more....

You beat the living sh*t out of a guy and your job, career and life are put in jeopardy.  It's so easy to say what someone should do when it's not your life hanging in the balance. You have to look at it like a family: if you grew up with four or five brothers and one mercilessly picked on you and if you knew beating the hell out of him would make the rest of your brothers resent and not want to talk to you, sometimes you just take it.  As bad as some of this hazing can be, fear of losing that brotherhood is even worse to most.

Archived