Dwight Lowery let go by Jags

faba

Jaguars will release Dwight Lowery today

Posted by Mike Florio on November 4, 2013, 10:16 AM EST
AP

A blindside hit from Seahawks receiver Golden Tate gave Jaguars safety Dwight Lowery a concussion that landed Lowery on injured reserve.

At some point today, the Jaguars will release Lowery, according to league sources.

Players on injured reserve can be released when the team deems the player to be healthy.  The player can disagree and file a grievance, or the two sides can work out an injury settlement.

Lowery will pass through the waiver system after he has been released, since the trade deadline has come and gone.

In his sixth season, Lowery spent three seasons with the Jets and three with the Jaguars.

Jaguars will release Dwight Lowery today

Posted by Mike Florio on November 4, 2013, 10:16 AM EST
AP

A blindside hit from Seahawks receiver Golden Tate gave Jaguars safety Dwight Lowery a concussion that landed Lowery on injured reserve.

At some point today, the Jaguars will release Lowery, according to league sources.

Players on injured reserve can be released when the team deems the player to be healthy.  The player can disagree and file a grievance, or the two sides can work out an injury settlement.

Lowery will pass through the waiver system after he has been released, since the trade deadline has come and gone.

In his sixth season, Lowery spent three seasons with the Jets and three with the Jaguars.

I still have no reason why the JEts ever got rid of this guy.  I'd snatch him up and see what he's got left.  He;s one of those guys who has a nose for the ball. I always liked him.  Not as the starter but you could do much worse than to have him run on the field in Dime packages.

I liked him as a Safety when he was here.  But I am surprised by Antonio Allen and the other Landry brother lol.  They have been better than I thought they would be.  The also seem to know how to mix in Jarrett at the right time as well. 

I would be surprised if they looked at Lowery again.

I always liked Lowery and thought he'd be a good guy to convert to safety, but he makes $3M a year and I think he still feels he is injured. I'm all for kicking tires on everybody, but you don't pick this guy up off waivers for $3M per.

Liked the idea until you mentioned the $$. Too much. Was that a Tanny contract? Can he renegotiate before its over?

Liked the idea until you mentioned the $$. Too much. Was that a Tanny contract? Can he renegotiate before its over?

That was a Jags contract from last year.  I'm pretty sure nobody is picking him off waivers for that money, especially since he is hurt and probably can't play for some time.  Once he clears, he is a FA and can sign anywhere for anything. 

I still have no reason why the JEts ever got rid of this guy.  I'd snatch him up and see what he's got left.  He;s one of those guys who has a nose for the ball. I always liked him.  Not as the starter but you could do much worse than to have him run on the field in Dime packages.

I agree. Did he play CB or FS with the Jags?  If not too expensive, I'd bring him in as a backup whatever, CB and/or FS.  If he can already play both, great.  If not, use him in nickel and dime packages as a CB and start working him at FS.

Archived