Query me this, Hermaphrodites-

Bugg

Today, once again, Dick Vermiel waxed poetic about his buddy Herm, calling him "The Coach of the Year", which is LAUGHABLE. He might be in the top 30. Might.

Rumors abound Vermiel's not doing this simply out of friendship, but something more-a new job with the Chiefs for The Master Motivator after Vermiel goes off to play with the grandkids. Should Edwards try to cop a mope to shuffle off to KC, will you finally admit this guy is a flim flam BS artist?

My thoughts-Edwards isn't so delusional that he doesn't see the Jets are about to have to rebuild. 2006 here is a dead end. He's getting his buddy Dickie to campaign and cut the ice for his escape from NY. To quote SARI, Edwards is the devil.

This rumor is going to get loud. Vermiel is laying the groundwork figuring taking ion a 3-13 coach is a tough sell.

There is smoke, so there is definitely fire.

Woody Johnson, for all his faults, bent over backward's for Herm the entire time he was here. I think he was tight on the paycheck (not that Herm deserved a king's ransom), but Herm has had a free ride for 5 years.

So if Herm does bail, you'll see his true colors. But Woody will have deserved it; that's what you get for being Mr. Nice Guy and Mr. go along to get along with Tag's and the NFL front office.

Personally, I couldn't care less how Herm departs, just as long as he departs.

I hope the Chiefs don't qualify for the playoffs, so we'll get our answer sooner than later.

Vermeil will probably retire ASAP, and then will come the moment of truth.

Woody Johnson, for all his faults, bent over backward's for Herm the entire time he was here. I think he was tight on the paycheck (not that Herm deserved a king's ransom), but Herm has had a free ride for 5 years.

So if Herm does bail, you'll see his true colors. But Woody will have deserved it; that's what you get for being Mr. Nice Guy and Mr. go along to get along with Tag's and the NFL front office.

I hope the Chiefs don't qualify for the playoffs, so we'll get our answer sooner than later.

Exactly how can KC lure Edwards without the Jets permission?

O.K., take this one with a grain of salt because I do not know the source. But, a buddy of mine called me today to let me know that someone that he works with (insurance company in Manhattan and a big Jet fan) told him that he heard Herm's wife was looking for houses in......Kansas City. Again, I don't know how reliable this information is and I apologize if it may have been posted or speculated before. I guy can dream, can't he????

I will personally drive him and Bradway to the airport myself. sh*t, I'll even pay for the flight. Just go already. Woody wake up! If herm were a girlfriend we would have broken up a long time ago!

KC can have him. The guy is helpless without a DC, OC, or Dick Curl.

You think Dinger and Donnie are gonna go with him? I doubt it. Who's he gonna get? Who's gonna work for him?

I just hope if he is leaving, it's done ASAP. And I hope Woody has enough sense to give Bradway his severence pay, too.

Get a new GM and let him pick the new coach. Then they can shake up the status quo around here and get some priorities in order.

So much talk about Herm leaving, getting fired, etc

I just don't know about him going to KC. Vermeil might be done this year, and there was plenty of talk from Dick about Al Saunders taking over, upon his departure. Herm is still under contract, and the Jets would probably want compensation.

Then again, maybe Johnson does want Herm to leave, and would jump at the chance to let him go.

I think Herm stays on one more year. Do or die, Herm....

I just don't know about him going to KC. Vermeil might be done this year, and there was plenty of talk from d!ck about Al Saunders taking over, upon his departure. Herm is still under contract, and the Jets would probably want compensation.

Let's assume all this stuff is what so many hope it is. That Vermeil is retiring, that his comments are supposed to be helping Herm to make the move to KC (and not just helping his buddy to keep his NYJ job). Assume all of this. What "compensation" is it you think we'd get? I think it's been said over & over that you can no longer trade draft picks for a coach after Tampa did it with with Gruden.

Archived