2013-14 Nets thread

Bugg

Williams is frustrating, but the Pacers, Bulls, and Spurs are the only teams in the league playing hard consistently right now. When you have the Heat no-showing against Philly, the Knicks not even trying against the Bobcats the other night, and this Nets team not even getting out of bed every other game, you really start to feel bad for idiots that pay to go to NBA games at all. What a league filled with POSs.

They need to shorten the season to 42 games. Put some urgency into the regular season.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

As I suspected, the rumors are it's because Frank wanted Kidd to work harder, and Kidd responded by taking his ball away. Time to start over at the coaching position.

What an incredible blunder that hiring turned out to be.  It was a high risk low reward move to hire Kidd.  Did they really just want the positive news?

What an incredible blunder that hiring turned out to be.  It was a high risk low reward move to hire Kidd.  Did they really just want the positive news?

Wonder if the thought is in the back of their minds that they still are paying Frank $1 million every year for the next 6 years, why not fire Kidd and make Frank the HC?

What an incredible blunder that hiring turned out to be. It was a high risk low reward move to hire Kidd. Did they really just want the positive news?

If you're a rich Russian guy watching whatever NBA feed they get in Russia, the games you're most likely seeing over the past two decades featured plenty of Garnett, Pierce, and Jason Kidd. When Prokhorov found out he had the chance to add them all to his team, he jumped. I imagine it'd be like a North Korean buying an American movie studio and jumping at the chance to make a movie starring Wesley Snipes, Kelly McGillis, and Webster.

• 4 months later...

Man, was I wrong about Kidd. He did a great job in second half of the season.

But the amazing thing for me is how the $100 million PG DWill has gotten a free pass.

Man, was I wrong about Kidd. He did a great job in second half of the season.

But the amazing thing for me is how the $100 million PG DWill has gotten a free pass.

I dont think he is.  The reg season he got a pass, well because they were winning and its the reg season.  But he is getting killed right now and will continue to get killed when they lose this series.  He has been terrible and they need to rebuild and get rid of everyone.

I dont think he is. The reg season he got a pass, well because they were winning and its the reg season. But he is getting killed right now and will continue to get killed when they lose this series. He has been terrible and they need to rebuild and get rid of everyone.

Will see how it plays out, but the media seems to be questioning Kidd more in leaving Pierce and KG on the bench than taking DWill to task.

DWill had another no show but other players stepped up for a big Nets win.

Yeah, it sucks when your team trades the farm for an alleged superstar only to find out why he was available in the first place, eh SMC?

Yeah, it sucks when your team trades the farm for an alleged superstar only to find out why he was available in the first place, eh SMC?

Remember, Dolan is not a basketball expert

This was a double wammy for T0mShane.

He hurt himself because Jets drafted Pryor and then the N0ts get schooled in South Beach after "sweeping" Heat during regular season. Plus the $100 million PG had 0 points.

I really didn't expect a Knick fan to post in this forum until 2015 at the earliest.

The N0ts are the most expensive team in NBA history, they don't have draft picks or cap room for the foreseeable future all to lose in the 2nd round of the playoffs.

Mirza Teletovic would start for your team.

And the N0ts would've been better off if they had traded for Melo rather than DWill.

If King would've closed the deal on Melo, he never would've done the Wallace deal which means Damian Lillard would be a N0t.

Would you rather have Lillard on a rookie deal or 0 points in a playoff game for $100 million?

And the N0ts would've been better off if they had traded for Melo rather than DWill.

If King would've closed the deal on Melo, he never would've done the Wallace deal which means Damian Lillard would be a N0t.

Would you rather have Lillard on a rookie deal or 0 points in a playoff game for $100 million?

All Melo did was incinerate the careers of everyone he met while in NY, but yeah, so much better than DWill.

All Melo did was incinerate the careers of everyone he met while in NY, but yeah, so much better than DWill.

And DWill has managed to suck the life out of KG, Pierce etc.

Heck, DWill made Sloan quite.

Nets played their asses of last night then decided to go Joe Johnson ISO against Lebron to close out the final 4 minutes. Looked familiar. Awful job by Kidd there.

Really dissapointing the way that game ended.  You saw the difference in coaching as Spo ran a set out of time out that led to the Bosh three, while Kidd went with back to back isos for Joe.  I can live with the first iso, but after the Bosh 3, you have to call a TO and run a play to get a good look.  I cant kill Kidd because at the end of the day he is a rookie coach, but tough way to lose. 

Really dissapointing the way that game ended. You saw the difference in coaching as Spo ran a set out of time out that led to the Bosh three, while Kidd went with back to back isos for Joe. I can live with the first iso, but after the Bosh 3, you have to call a TO and run a play to get a good look. I cant kill Kidd because at the end of the day he is a rookie coach, but tough way to lose.

Think the hate on Williams for last night is a bit unfair...Bosh made a big shot and Lebron made the right play passing out. He friggin travels a lot though and it's never called.

Nets also missed too many bunnies around the rim.

Dwill deserves a brunt of blame, I know he is hurt and needs ankle surgery and because of that he has no lateral or vertical explosion.  The ankles have effected his confidence and you could see it in his play, but if you are out there you have to find a way to get it done and he hasnt.  Without Lopez the Nets cant get any easy baskets.

Your team has Amare and Melo on it.

Melo not for long.

Tough loss for Nets, but this was a classic best player in the game not allowing team to lose game. I don't think there was anything Nets could've done at end to change the outcome.

Archived