Revis Says Jets Fans Are Sending Him Death Threats

flgreen

Darrelle Revis says Jets fans are harassing him, sending death threats via Twitter

Darrelle Revis said he's tired of Jets fans harassing him on Twitter. 

Charles Curtis/NJ.com By Charles Curtis/NJ.com

on November 12, 2013 at 9:10 AM, updated November 12, 2013 at 9:16 AM

Darrelle Revis hasn't suited up for the Jets since September of 2012 when he torn his ACL in a game against the Miami Dolphins.

But some Jets fans can't let go of the fact that he's now a Buccaneer.

After the Bucs' defeated the Dolphins on "Monday Night Football," he told The Post's Bart Hubbuch he still receives threats and harassment from Gang Green fans on Twitter.

"I get harassed every day on Twitter [by Jets fans], and I barely even tweet. And you just get tired of it," he told Hubbuch. "You've got to have a backbone, because guys are saying, 'F--k you!' and 'I want to kill you!' It's crazy, but I've been getting death threats from them since my first holdout [in 2010]. It's just bitter Jets fans."

Remember, Revis set off the fanbase earlier this month when he tweeted he'd rather have $16 million to play for the Bucs than to get $12M and be a Jet. Revis told Hubbuch he had no regrets from that tweet.

"As long as the people that I'm close with know me and know what type of person I am and how I want to win a Super Bowl, that's that. I don't need to answer to really nobody else. I did answer to [the tweet sent by @Jason_Owen], because I'm getting tired of [Jets fans] always being negative. You don't want to hear that," he said.

While we didn't find any death threats against Revis in a quick Twitter search, there was certainly some trash talk in recent weeks:

Dear Darelle,

I am very sorry certain Jet fans are bineg mean to you via Twitter. Twitter is the Devil Darelle.  Personally I am so happy I got to see you play part of your career with the Jets because you were a great one.  I even enoyed your meningless interception at the end of the meaningless game you played last night for your meaningless team. 

Moving forward I wish you the most luck in the rest of your career and hope you make a lot of money.   After all you were the best at your position for awhile and still as good as anyone.  So happy your knee is almost at 100% and look forward to seeing you play many more years

With bacon smothered love

Crusher 

P.S.  You should buy a Sheldon Rishardson jersey. 

Revis was here for a few years, he exceeded expectations when he was a Jet.

Left to take $4M a year more than Jets were offering.

Had nerve to not desert his new team on Twitter or say he regrets going there.

What a terrible person-I'm not surprised he gets death threats.

Mevi$ can no longer attract the spotlight because of his play on the field, so he has to resort to being a little bitch of a drama queen with this fabricated, bull$hit story.  It's not like anyone really misses him or that we'd have a better record if he were still here.  He was far from being a beloved player.

This august group is probably more surly and vindictive than the average Jets fan, and Mevi$ is rarely the topic of conversation.  We've moved on and I think the consensus is we are better off with Sheldon Richardson anyway.  I certainly do not see even a hint of threats against Mevi$ around here.  

Now, I am ready to kill this mutha****a.

Darrelle Revis says Jets fans are harassing him, sending death threats via Twitter

Darrelle Revis said he's tired of Jets fans harassing him on Twitter. 

Charles Curtis/NJ.com By Charles Curtis/NJ.com

on November 12, 2013 at 9:10 AM, updated November 12, 2013 at 9:16 AM

Darrelle Revis hasn't suited up for the Jets since September of 2012 when he torn his ACL in a game against the Miami Dolphins.

But some Jets fans can't let go of the fact that he's now a Buccaneer.

After the Bucs' defeated the Dolphins on "Monday Night Football," he told The Post's Bart Hubbuch he still receives threats and harassment from Gang Green fans on Twitter.

"I get harassed every day on Twitter [by Jets fans], and I barely even tweet. And you just get tired of it," he told Hubbuch. "You've got to have a backbone, because guys are saying, 'F--k you!' and 'I want to kill you!' It's crazy, but I've been getting death threats from them since my first holdout [in 2010]. It's just bitter Jets fans."

Remember, Revis set off the fanbase earlier this month when he tweeted he'd rather have $16 million to play for the Bucs than to get $12M and be a Jet. Revis told Hubbuch he had no regrets from that tweet.

"As long as the people that I'm close with know me and know what type of person I am and how I want to win a Super Bowl, that's that. I don't need to answer to really nobody else. I did answer to [the tweet sent by @Jason_Owen], because I'm getting tired of [Jets fans] always being negative. You don't want to hear that," he said.

While we didn't find any death threats against Revis in a quick Twitter search, there was certainly some trash talk in recent weeks:

Did anyone else chuckle at him having to say his "first" holdout.

As scheduled, Revis has to mention the Jets every couple weeks. Irrelevancy has been harder on him that I initially thought it would be. 

You don't read anything about what Revis is contributing to the Bucs season, because the country doesn't care about the Bucs. However, the entire NFL fanbase loves them some Jets drama, and Revis is pining for attention and relevancy by creating drama where there isn't any.

Jets owner backs Revis on ‘horrible’ harassment

By Zach Braziller

November 12, 2013 | 1:23pm

Modal Trigger

woody.jpg?w=720&h=480&crop=1
Woody Johnson with Darrelle Revis (inset)

Photo: Bill Kostroun, Getty Images

Leave Darrelle Revis alone.

That’s the message owner Woody Johnson sent to Jets fans when told of their harassment of the All-Pro cornerback. On Monday night, after his Buccaneers posted their first win of the season, Revis told The Post’s Bart Hubbuch in an exclusive interview Gang Green fans haven’t gotten over his departure and since have threatened him, even issuing death threats.

“That’s certainly inappropriate, on Twitter or any social media [websites],” Johnson said at The Bowery Mission on the Lower East Side on Tuesday while launching the Super Bowl Community Coat Drive. “They shouldn’t be making those kind of statements. That’s horrible.        

“I don’t think anybody should make those kinds of threats to anybody for any reason. It’s not good social conduct. Don’t do it.”

Johnson said he is not surprised to hear it, however, because “on social media anything goes.” The owner said while the Jets secondary has struggled he has not second-guessed the decision to trade Revis.

“We’re very happy with the way things are going right now,” he said. “We’re focused. We have a very young defense. The guys are going to get better. We have so many new faces on defense. It’s a coordinated effort. Hopefully with all these games behind us we’ll get better and better and better.”

Jets owner backs Revis on ‘horrible’ harassment

By Zach Braziller

November 12, 2013 | 1:23pm

Modal Trigger

woody.jpg?w=720&h=480&crop=1
Woody Johnson with Darrelle Revis (inset)

Photo: Bill Kostroun, Getty Images

Leave Darrelle Revis alone.

That’s the message owner Woody Johnson sent to Jets fans when told of their harassment of the All-Pro cornerback. On Monday night, after his Buccaneers posted their first win of the season, Revis told The Post’s Bart Hubbuch in an exclusive interview Gang Green fans haven’t gotten over his departure and since have threatened him, even issuing death threats.

“That’s certainly inappropriate, on Twitter or any social media [websites],” Johnson said at The Bowery Mission on the Lower East Side on Tuesday while launching the Super Bowl Community Coat Drive. “They shouldn’t be making those kind of statements. That’s horrible.        

“I don’t think anybody should make those kinds of threats to anybody for any reason. It’s not good social conduct. Don’t do it.”

Johnson said he is not surprised to hear it, however, because “on social media anything goes.” The owner said while the Jets secondary has struggled he has not second-guessed the decision to trade Revis.

“We’re very happy with the way things are going right now,” he said. “We’re focused. We have a very young defense. The guys are going to get better. We have so many new faces on defense. It’s a coordinated effort. Hopefully with all these games behind us we’ll get better and better and better.”

Sounds like Woody is going to resign Revis, and wants the fans to soften up on him.  Heck, maybe he is going to bring Incognito in to mentor Winters.  :)

Darrelle Revis rips 'bitter' Jets fans

November, 12, 2013

NOV 12

11:15

AM ET

By Rich Cimini | ESPNNewYork.com

Former New York Jets star Darrelle Revis is fed up with "bitter" Jets fans.

Revis, under siege after poking Jets fans with a recent tweet, fired back Monday night after the Tampa Bay Buccaneers' 22-19 win over the Miami Dolphins.

Revis

In an interview with the New York Post, Revis said he's being harassed by Jets fans on Twitter. He also claimed he's being unfairly portrayed as a money-hungry player -- this, from someone who has staged two contract holdouts, threatened a third and recently tweeted he's happier making more money with the hapless Bucs than he would've been with the surprising Jets.

"You’ve got to have a backbone, because guys are saying, ‘F--- you!’ and ‘I want to kill you!’" Revis told the newspaper, referring to tweets from Jets fans. "It’s crazy, but I’ve been getting death threats from them since my first holdout [in 2010]. It’s just bitter Jets fans.”

Revis also said: "They’re still not over the fact that I’m not there no more, and they give me crap all the time on Twitter. If they would understand the business of it and understand what happened, then maybe they would know and maybe they would quit trying to point the finger at me. That’s where it is."

Jets owner Woody Johnson, speaking at a Super Bowl XLVIII event Tuesday in Manhattan, said he hadn't heard of the threats to Revis.

"That's horrible," said Johnson, adding that he's not surprised "because, in social media right now, anything goes. ... I don’t think anybody should make those kinds of threats to anybody for any reason. It’s not good social conduct.”

The former All-Pro cornerback sparked a controversy with a recent reply on Twitter. A Jets fan asked him if the $16 million-a-year contract from the Bucs (six years, $96 million) is better than the $12 million-a-year (purely speculative) he might have received from the Jets -- a loaded question. In essence, the fan wanted to know if money can buy happiness on a lousy team. Revis' response: He preferred the $16 million a year.

The 50 Greatest Jets

That created a firestorm.

“I said what I said, and I meant it -- to that particular person,” Revis said. “It don’t have to be toward the New York Jets or nothing. They’re trying to say I’m money hungry, but I’m not really concerned about that. I used to play in New York, so I’m used to getting booed. I’m a pro about that, and that’s nothing I’m concerned about.”

Revis insisted his goal is to win a Super Bowl. That won't happen this season, as the Bucs won their first game Monday night. Revis sealed the outcome with a late interception on a long, fourth-down pass, although the smart play would've been to simply knock it down. He unwittingly helped the Jets (5-4), who are battling the Dolphins (4-5) and several other teams for the final wild-card spot.

Revis said he responded to the fan on Twitter "because I’m getting tired of [Jets fans] always being negative. You don’t want to hear that. ... It don’t help with the [bucs'] record, but at the same time, just let it go. I’m not there no more, Jets fans. I’m not there. When I left, I left with class. I didn’t leave saying, ‘Eff the Jets organization’ or anything like that. You’ve got to move on.”

That's a classic case of revisionist history. He apparently forgot that he accused Jets general manager John Idzik of lying to him. Revis made those comments the day after the trade.

November, 12, 2013

NOV 12

AM ET

Revis, under siege after poking Jets fans with a recent tweet, fired back Monday night after the Tampa Bay Buccaneers' 22-19 win over the Miami Dolphins.

Revis

In an interview with the New York Post, Revis said he's being harassed by Jets fans on Twitter. He also claimed he's being unfairly portrayed as a money-hungry player -- this, from someone who has staged two contract holdouts, threatened a third and recently tweeted he's happier making more money with the hapless Bucs than he would've been with the surprising Jets.

"You’ve got to have a backbone, because guys are saying, ‘F--- you!’ and ‘I want to kill you!’" Revis told the newspaper, referring to tweets from Jets fans. "It’s crazy, but I’ve been getting death threats from them since my first holdout [in 2010]. It’s just bitter Jets fans.”

Revis also said: "They’re still not over the fact that I’m not there no more, and they give me crap all the time on Twitter. If they would understand the business of it and understand what happened, then maybe they would know and maybe they would quit trying to point the finger at me. That’s where it is."

Jets owner Woody Johnson, speaking at a Super Bowl XLVIII event Tuesday in Manhattan, said he hadn't heard of the threats to Revis.

"That's horrible," said Johnson, adding that he's not surprised "because, in social media right now, anything goes. ... I don’t think anybody should make those kinds of threats to anybody for any reason. It’s not good social conduct.”

The former All-Pro cornerback sparked a controversy with a recent reply on Twitter. A Jets fan asked him if the $16 million-a-year contract from the Bucs (six years, $96 million) is better than the $12 million-a-year (purely speculative) he might have received from the Jets -- a loaded question. In essence, the fan wanted to know if money can buy happiness on a lousy team. Revis' response: He preferred the $16 million a year.

The 50 Greatest Jets

“I said what I said, and I meant it -- to that particular person,” Revis said. “It don’t have to be toward the New York Jets or nothing. They’re trying to say I’m money hungry, but I’m not really concerned about that. I used to play in New York, so I’m used to getting booed. I’m a pro about that, and that’s nothing I’m concerned about.”

Revis insisted his goal is to win a Super Bowl. That won't happen this season, as the Bucs won their first game Monday night. Revis sealed the outcome with a late interception on a long, fourth-down pass, although the smart play would've been to simply knock it down. He unwittingly helped the Jets (5-4), who are battling the Dolphins (4-5) and several other teams for the final wild-card spot.

Revis said he responded to the fan on Twitter "because I’m getting tired of [Jets fans] always being negative. You don’t want to hear that. ... It don’t help with the [bucs'] record, but at the same time, just let it go. I’m not there no more, Jets fans. I’m not there. When I left, I left with class. I didn’t leave saying, ‘Eff the Jets organization’ or anything like that. You’ve got to move on.”

That's a classic case of revisionist history. He apparently forgot that he accused Jets general manager John Idzik of lying to him. Revis made those comments the day after the trade.

What's this wise guy, trying to say.....?

November, 12, 2013

NOV 12

AM ET

Revis

The 50 Greatest Jets

The world is going to end...I enjoyed an article written by Rich Cimini lol.  I loved the parts I bolded.

The world is going to end...I enjoyed an article written by Rich Cimini lol.  I loved the parts I bolded.

Yeah, the same caught my eye, particularly the part at the start of the article.  I had to double check that it was really Cimini.  It would seem Rich was not much of a fan of Revis', huh?  Not to say anything he said was inaccurate, you just generally don't expect players to get called out on their BS from the media, especially when it means essentially defending the Jets / their fans in the process.

As scheduled, Revis has to mention the Jets every couple weeks. Irrelevancy has been harder on him that I initially thought it would be. 

You don't read anything about what Revis is contributing to the Bucs season, because the country doesn't care about the Bucs. However, the entire NFL fanbase loves them some Jets drama, and Revis is pining for attention and relevancy by creating drama where there isn't any.

"But ah gots my $16 mil."  

Archived