Bills WR Woods definitely out Sunday, Stevie Johnson a questionmark

Jetfan13

As if he did not have a daunting enough tasking facing the New York Jets defense this weekend, rookie Buffalo Bills quarterback E.J. Manuel may be without his two best receivers when his team takes the field Sunday.  Both WRs Stevie Johnson and Robert Woods missed practice again on Wednesday and head coach Doug Marrone confirmed that Woods will definitely be out for the game against the Jets according to Tim Graham of the Buffalo News.

Johnson has battled groin and hip issues for much of this season and has admitted he doesn't know if he'll be able to suit up against the Jets Sunday.  Woods has an ankle injury and it would make a lot of sense for both players to sit out this week with the team's bye week coming up in Week 12.  It is not as if the Bills are majorly contending for a playoff spot at this point in the season.  That would leave E.J. Manuel with T.J. Graham, Marquise Goodwin and Chris Hogan as "weapons."

I don't know that much about Woods, but we all know that Stevie Johnson is an impressive player who can kill us if he gets hot.

Let's not take the Bills lightly.  They're at home and Johnson might well play.

6-4 is a nice record.  If we want it, we can't underestimate the other guys-this is the NFL.

Just checked the weather report-63°, chance of T-storms and 60% chance of rain.  Do they have grass or turf on that field?  Because it might be a mud bowl if it's grass.

ROTOWIRE.COM:

Coach Doug Marrone doesn't feel confident that Johnson (groin) will take the field Sunday versus the Jets, WGR 550 in Buffalo reports. Nevertheless, Johnson has not been ruled out.
Spin: 
After two missed practices in two days, Johnson seems to be on a path to his second DNP of the season. Friday's injury report will be quite telling regarding his potential availability, but with Robert Woods (ankle) also out, T.J. Graham and Marquise Goodwin could be the top two WR options for the Bills in Week 11, if Johnson's current course stays true.

Yeah Johnson's not going to play either. We'll have to rely heavily on Jackson and Spiller, and when that gets shut down, it'll probably get ugly when TJ Graham is your #1 WR. Yikes.

Sucks man.  I'd rather play you guys at full strength.  And if you guys somehow manage to win it'll be like the Apocalypse in here come Monday.  LOL.

Yeah Johnson's not going to play either. We'll have to rely heavily on Jackson and Spiller, and when that gets shut down, it'll probably get ugly when TJ Graham is your #1 WR. Yikes.

Marquise Goodwin can absolutely fly, probably one of the fastest kids I've seen come out in a long time. One of the best track n field athletes to ever come out of Texas: it was a bummer to see him not place at the olympics, I remember watching his Trials jump and that would have won gold in 2012. He's never going to be a prototypical WR, but he's definitely going to be a nice #3 or complimentary guy and is way more than just a track guy trying to play. He did some damage in HS and at Texas under Mack Brown.  I've only caught a few of your games this year (his big 50 yarder the other week) how's he been doing otherwise?

Marquise Goodwin can absolutely fly, probably one of the fastest kids I've seen come out in a long time. One of the best track n field athletes to ever come out of Texas: it was a bummer to see him not place at the olympics, I remember watching his Trials jump and that would have won gold in 2012. He's never going to be a prototypical WR, but he's definitely going to be a nice #3 or complimentary guy and is way more than just a track guy trying to play. He did some damage in HS and at Texas under Mack Brown.  I've only caught a few of your games this year (his big 50 yarder the other week) how's he been doing otherwise?

He's been pretty solid. He has good hands, and has made some nice long TD catches. They aren't using him a ton, but he also missed some time with a broken wrist, so that didn't help. You'll see a lot of him this Sunday though, that's for sure. It's just a question of if Manuel can get him the ball in space. I like what he brings though. 

He's been pretty solid. He has good hands, and has made some nice long TD catches. They aren't using him a ton, but he also missed some time with a broken wrist, so that didn't help. You'll see a lot of him this Sunday though, that's for sure. It's just a question of if Manuel can get him the ball in space. I like what he brings though. 

Interesting stat (albeit with a small sample size) that goes along with what you say above:

Goodwin has 3.0 yards per reception with EJ Manuel throwing him the football compared to 24.4 yards per catch when the Bills' other quarterbacks are throwing to him.

Go to your neighbor saloon, pull the bartender aside, ask for "No Neck" Tony, your in business

Haha.  Well I actually do have a friend for when I actually feel like betting, which is rare, but he can't place the bet for me this time and I don't know how I feel about websites for a one time thing.  Oh well.

The Bills are going to be tough nevertheless, simply because they don't like the Jets and they beat them at least once a season. Last game, the Bills' entire secondary was injured and we squeaked by them (the penalties and Kyle Wilson's stupidity probably Made the game closer than it should have been, however).

I would not take this game lightly, the Jets simply aren't good enough to take any team for granted.

Interesting stat (albeit with a small sample size) that goes along with what you say above:

Goodwin has 3.0 yards per reception with EJ Manuel throwing him the football compared to 24.4 yards per catch when the Bills' other quarterbacks are throwing to him.

I'm guessing Goodwin's average with Manuel went up after yesterday. That kinda stuff is what we had in mind for those too. Goodwin played great in relief of Woods and Johnson. 

Archived