Can We Please Stop Using The "P" Word

SoFlaJets

When it comes to any discussions about the 2013 New York Jets. This is still a sub-.500 football team AT BEST, and it insults our football intelligence to mention them as possible contenders - for anything other than perhaps a top-10 draft pick. We still need another year at least of rebuilding and especially of tearing down every position they field on Sunday except maybe the D-line.

I would be interested in hearing who you guys think stays and who must go. Here's the roster and depth chart that I wish someone could copy and paste it into this thread. http://www.ourlads.com/nfldepthcharts/depthchart/NYJ

New York Jets Depth Chart
HC: Rex Ryan | OC: Marty Mornhinweg | DC: Dennis Thurman | ST: Ben Kotwika
 -- Select Team Current Chart -- Arizona Cardinals                 Atlanta Falcons                   Baltimore Ravens                    Buffalo Bills                     Carolina Panthers                  Chicago Bears                     Cincinnati Bengals                   Cleveland Browns                    Dallas Cowboys                   Denver Broncos                   Detroit Lions                     Green Bay Packers                   Houston Texans                    Indianapolis Colts                     Jacksonville Jaguars                   Kansas City Chiefs                    Miami Dolphins                  Minnesota Vikings                   New England Patriots                  New Orleans Saints                    New York Giants                    New York Jets                      Oakland Raiders                   Philadelphia Eagles                    Pittsburgh Steelers                  San Diego Chargers                  San Francisco 49ers                     Seattle Seahawks                  St. Louis Rams                      Tampa Bay Buccaneers                Tennessee Titans                    Washington Redskins                    -- Archive Dates -- 11/01/2013 10/01/2013 09/05/2013 09/01/2013 08/01/2013 07/27/2013 07/01/2013 06/05/2013 06/01/2013 05/01/2013 04/01/2013 03/01/2013 02/01/2013 01/01/2013 12/02/2012 11/01/2012 10/01/2012 09/01/2012 08/01/2012 07/01/2012 06/01/2012 05/03/2012 04/01/2012 03/01/2012 02/01/2012 01/01/2012 12/01/2011 11/01/2011 10/01/2011 09/04/2011 08/01/2011 07/01/2011 06/01/2011 05/01/2011 04/01/2011 03/01/2011 02/01/2011 01/01/2011 12/01/2010 11/01/2010 10/01/2010 09/05/2010 08/01/2010 07/01/2010 06/01/2010 05/01/2010 04/01/2010 03/01/2010 02/01/2010 01/03/2010 12/01/2009 11/01/2009 10/01/2009 09/06/2009 08/08/2009 07/01/2009 06/01/2009 05/01/2009 04/01/2009 03/03/2009 02/02/2009 01/01/2009 12/01/2008 11/01/2008 08/31/2008 08/02/2008 07/01/2008 06/01/2008 05/01/2008 04/01/2008 03/02/2008 02/05/2008 01/01/2008 12/01/2007 11/03/2007 10/01/2007 09/02/2007 08/01/2007 07/01/2007 06/01/2007 

•  
Updated: 11/14/2013 4:45PM ET

Offense

LG 67 Winters, Brian 13/3 62 Ducasse, Vladimir 10/2            
RG 66 COLON, WILLIE CC/Pit 65 Campbell, William 13/6            
RT 77 Howard, Austin P/Bal 75 Aboushi, Oday 13/5            
FB 40 Bohanon, Tommy 13/7                

Defense

NT 94 Harrison, Damon CF12 93 Ellis, Kenrick 11/3            
RDT 91 Richardson, Sheldon 13/1                
OLB 98 Coples, Quinton 12/1 58 Davis, Troy CF13            
WLB 56 Davis, Demario 12/3 58 Davis, Troy CF13            
MLB 52 Harris, David 07/2 54 Bellore, Nick CF11            
OLB 97 PACE, CALVIN U/Arz 50 McIntyre, Garrett SF11            
SS 26 LANDRY, DAWAN CC/Jax 32 Bush, Josh 12/6            

Special Teams
P 1 Quigley, Ryan SF13                 PK 2 Folk, Nick SF10                 LS 46 Purdum, Tanner SF10                 H 1 Quigley, Ryan SF13                 PR 11 Kerley, Jeremy 11/5 16 CRIBBS, JOSHUA SF13 20 Wilson, Kyle 10/1         KR 16 CRIBBS, JOSHUA SF13 20 Wilson, Kyle 10/1 31 Cromartie, Antonio T/SD        
Practice Squad PS
Reserves RES

I've been saying for weeks, this team full of street FA's is not a contender.

I'm not sure when and why the playoff banter started, but the minute it became part of the narrative around this team, Rex let it get right into his and their heads.

I've never seen anyone, not just in football but in life, so easily undressed every time there's an air of over-confidence. 

Rex is literally the school yard bully in mentality and boast, and he routinely get's pants'ed by every other kid in the school yard.

I'm not sure when and why the playoff banter started, but the minute it became part of the narrative around this team, Rex let it get right into his and their heads.

I've never seen anyone, not just in football but in life, so easily undressed every time there's an air of over-confidence. 

Rex is literally the school yard bully in mentality and boast, and he routinely get's pants'ed by every other kid in the school yard.

Maybe because it seemed to come so easy to him right out of the gate 2-8. He figured: hell, I can get to the AFCCG any year I want, it doesn't matter WHO I have for coaches or players, even a rookie QB as long as I have me and my big bad defense. Remember now, this was the only guy left last spring when Woody had that PC. Everybody else had either fled or gotten fired. Rex is not going to survive this with 3 consecutive losing seasons, it's either make some noise or he'll either be gone or demoted to defensive coordinator somewhere else, since he'd never take THAT job here

Maybe because it seemed to come so easy to him right out of the gate 2-8. He figured: hell, I can get to the AFCCG any year I want, it doesn't matter WHO I have for coaches or players, even a rookie QB as long as I have me and my big bad defense. Remember now, this was the only guy left last spring when Woody had that PC. Everybody else had either fled or gotten fired. Rex is not going to survive this with 3 consecutive losing seasons, it's either make some noise or he'll either be gone or demoted to defensive coordinator somewhere else, since he'd never take THAT job here

Welcome to July, 2013.

rex is basically infantile in his emotional makeup

It's also not happening... if you're level headed.

Crazier things have been done.  

If the season ended today, the Jets would be in.  The season doesnt but they've proved they can beat anyone...so, I'd like to see thing pan out. Other teams success factors in as well.

So you know, just keeping it level headed. 

If the season ended today, the Jets would be in.  The season doesnt but they've proved they can beat anyone...so, I'd like to see thing pan out. Other teams success factors in as well.

If the season ended today and all of the other teams that made the playoffs today blew up in a freak volcano explosion caused by Godzilla waking from his/her slumber after 70+ years of not having eaten little Japanese people, then the Jets would be a shoe-in for SB CHAMPS!!!! 

You twit.

You do realize pretty much every other team in the race is as inconsistent as us, right? Well not quite as inconsistent, we're the extreme in that field, but they're all pretty ******* bad.

Not many other teams in contention for the #6 spot have  the two incredibly impressive wins we have. We're not a good team, but there may very well be 10 worse ones in the AFC. The playoffs are far from being out of the question, we're contenders right now whether we make it or not. 

You do realize pretty much every other team in the race is as inconsistent as us, right? Well not quite as inconsistent, we're the extreme in that field, but they're all pretty ******* bad.

Not many other teams in contention for the #6 spot have  the two incredibly impressive wins we have. We're not a good team, but there may very well be 10 worse ones in the AFC. The playoffs are far from being out of the question, we're contenders right now whether we make it or not. 

I don't think Rex is hiring you to get in front of the team to inspire them with that speech.

9 - 7 should put the Jets in the playoffs.  Right now, they don't deserve it.  But if they can go 4 - 2 and beat Miami twice, Baltimore, and Cleveland, they would deserve it.

Can you people please let the helium out of your heads and float softly back down to terra firma. This is NOT a good team fellas I know it, you know it, and every realistic thinking football fan knows it.

Who said they were a good team. They can be a playoff team without being a good one.

This team is about an 8 and 8 team - so it is looking they will land where the talent level and coaching will take them. If I am wrong great

....Maybe if we think and wish and hope and pray it might come true....and then we'd be happy.......

If the season ended today and all of the other teams that made the playoffs today blew up in a freak volcano explosion caused by Godzilla waking from his/her slumber after 70+ years of not having eaten little Japanese people, then the Jets would be a shoe-in for SB CHAMPS!!!! 

You twit.

Can this happen? If so, I'm rooting for it.

9 - 7 should put the Jets in the playoffs.  Right now, they don't deserve it.  But if they can go 4 - 2 and beat Miami twice, Baltimore, and Cleveland, they would deserve it.

Why dont they deserve it? ....the standings are the standings. Wins are wins.

They beat the Pats and Saints and 3 other teams...those dont count now?  Will they count if they end up 9-7 and in the playoffs?

They beat the Pats and Saints and 3 other teams...those dont count now?  Will they count if they end up 9-7 and in the playoffs?

While watching the game yeasterday and seeing the secondary look lost, the front seven not getting to the QB, the O-line not protecting Geno, and Geno throwing awful passes, I just thought to myself, "this team doesn't deserve to be in the playoffs."  Probably an overreaction, but it was so demoralizing.

9-7 would be tough for us to get in based on conference record right now. Somebody out of that jumble is going to get hot. And that is all that it takes.

You twit.

We'd no show for at least one of the 4 games against replacement players. If this team played a college schedule Im not convinced they'd win a title. We'd beat Alabama then Vanderbilt would blow us out the following week.

While watching the game yeasterday and seeing the secondary look lost, the front seven not getting to the QB, the O-line not protecting Geno, and Geno throwing awful passes, I just thought to myself, "this team doesn't deserve to be in the playoffs."  Probably an overreaction, but it was so demoralizing.

Its a young, inconsistent team, with a lot of sh*tty players playing key roles and you have a very raw mistake prone rookie QB who looks like the worst player in the league at times.  It's usually not a good formula but somehow the team is 5-5.  They deserve it.

What shocks me is that fans havent adjusted.  This has been happening all season long.  

9-7 would be tough for us to get in based on conference record right now. Somebody out of that jumble is going to get hot. And that is all that it takes.

I think 9-7 is getting the last WC spot.  

The only team threatening as of now, is Miami, who the Jets still play twice.

If they can get consistent play from Geno and the OL, the Jets are just as capable of getting hot (or hot enough to get in).

Not that it matters...they're not winning any games in the playoffs...but it would be a nice confidence builder for a young team and a brand new GM.

We'd no show for at least one of the 4 games against replacement players. If this team played a college schedule Im not convinced they'd win a title. We'd beat Alabama then Vanderbilt would blow us out the following week.

Replacement players? I'm saying they'd just anoint us, without any football being played. That's the only shot we've got.

Its a young, inconsistent team, with a lot of sh*tty players playing key roles and you have a very raw mistake prone rookie QB who looks like the worst player in the league at times.  It's usually not a good formula but somehow the team is 5-5.  They deserve it.

What shocks me is that fans havent adjusted.  This has been happening all season long.  

I think 9-7 is getting the last WC spot.  

The only team threatening as of now, is Miami, who the Jets still play twice.

If they can get consistent play from Geno and the OL, the Jets are just as capable of getting hot (or hot enough to get in).

Not that it matters...they're not winning any games in the playoffs...but it would be a nice confidence builder for a young team and a brand new GM.

9-7 means that we win 2 games in a row at some point-something this team has not done in almost a full calendar year, and something they hove only done once in almost 2 full calendar years.

Maybe the odds are with them. That is hard to do

9-7 means that we win 2 games in a row at some point-something this team has not done in almost a full calendar year, and something they hove only done once in almost 2 full calendar years.

Maybe the odds are with them. That is hard to do

Its bound to happen sometime???

"Not that it matters...they're not winning any games in the playoffs...but it would be a nice confidence builder for a young team and a brand new GM."

I think if they bring their "A" game, they could beat the Colts or Pats.

Possibly.  Tough to do on the road the way these team plays...but possibly.

I am a Jets fan, I will always BE a Jets fan, I can't help it-it's in my DNA. With that having been said I know this isn't our year (again) but I do like the direction that the team seems to be heading in. I love Wilk, Richardson and a few other guys young players we have and think that they can be the building blocks to something special-someday. I want to see what Idzik can do with this team and if Rex manages to survive the second wave of the big rebuilding purge that is coming we may just get back to the playoffs as a true contender. We need more Idzik involvement. I'm curious to see where this team goes. I'm still not sure about Geno and would kind of like to see if Simms can be a pro like his daddy was-why not, what do we have to lose? 

You twit.

This is a total BS post.

The last time Godzilla was eating little Japanese people was in the area of 2000.  Actually most of the people he ate were New Yorkers.   Be careful what you hope for 

As others said,  the #6 seed stinks.  Whether it's the Jets or Ravens or Dolphins or Steelers doesn't matter.   Can any of those teams win a playoff game?  Of course, it's a one game playoff and anything is possible.    But for those saying you like the look of this team for the future, why?  This is the same jets team we've seen for years.  They don't show up half the time, they wind up finishing around 8-8.    We hear the same BS about 'next year' and hope.   Except it's the same damn team year after year.  

When the Jets defense doesn't play like the best defense in the league,  they usually lose.  And the Jets defense stunk yesterday.    The Jets never seem to have an offense that can win you games.  Ever.   So they rely on 16-13 games.  Except this isn't 1973.  For whatever reason the Jets are stuck in the ground and pound philosophy.   And it hasn't worked.   They made a nice run a few years back, but Manning beat them down one year and Big Ben did it the next.   And the Jets just didn't have enough offense to keep up.     

I don't know what to feel anymore. It's great they are winning, but I see the same team over and over.  They are the same 8-8 team year after year (some years they win 9, others 6 and so on)  and I don't see how they are getting any better or different.   What do we expect next year?   Everybody and their brother knew the offense sucked coming into this season, and once again, the offense still sucks.  Is that the HC?  is it the GM?   Is it the OC?     Does it matter as this team has had how many OC over the past 3 seasons?     

I've heard the same story for years about hope and next year.   Except it's the same team over and over.  Offense usually can't score, QB usually isn't very good, and they try and run the ball as often as they can and hope the defense wins the game.    What's changed?

Archived