Hill benched

Kleckineau

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yo can I get the premium definition of "invaluable"?

Holmes’ second and final reception occurred during the third quarter when he ran a deep post route for a 38-yard gain. Holmes was targeted on Smith’s ‘pick six’ and after the game, safety Da’Norris Searcy said Holmes’ body language tipped him off on the route and he was able to make a play. Holmes comes with a lot of baggage, but his play making ability is invaluable.

I actually work for them. WHich will undoubtedly lead to more jokes. 

people do pay for subscriptions, if you are in a 1000$ league, paying 30 bucks for analysis is nothing

they do game by game recaps here's the whole BUF one you be the judge if it's any good...( i didn't write this btw)

Hmmm, according to this re-cap, Hill should absolutely NOT be benched. He was targeted 7 times, 5 times he was overthrown, and twice was underthrown.

Sorry but I am just repeating what this analysis says, now I'm not ready to say Hill is without fault for route-running, seperation etc., but when you get benched for not catching 7 UNCATCHABLE throws, Wow. Sorry REX you need to bench the other end of the throw.

Hmmm, according to this re-cap, Hill should absolutely NOT be benched. He was targeted 7 times, 5 times he was overthrown, and twice was underthrown.

Sorry but I am just repeating what this analysis says, now I'm not ready to say Hill is without fault for route-running, seperation etc., but when you get benched for not catching 7 UNCATCHABLE throws, Wow. Sorry REX you need to bench the other end of the throw.

agree ... a story came out a couple hours ago that Hill actually wasn't being benched. 

agree ... a story came out a couple hours ago that Hill actually wasn't being benched.

He absolutely shouldnt according to that report. The fact that Rex was thinking about benching a guy who has no chance to catch terrible throws is worrisome to say the least.

That would be like benching a QB who throws 15 perfect passes and 14 are dropped.

I actually work for them. WHich will undoubtedly lead to more jokes. 

people do pay for subscriptions, if you are in a 1000$ league, paying 30 bucks for analysis is nothing

they do game by game recaps here's the whole BUF one you be the judge if it's any good...( i didn't write this btw)

Wait - did you just charge Max $30 for this?!?!?!

About time no?

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/wr-hill-demoted-jets-lineup-172235998--nfl.html

New York Jets second-year wide receiver Stephen Hill has been demoted with reduced playing time this week against theBaltimore Ravens, coach Rex Ryan announced.

Hill had his second consecutive game without a catch in Sunday's blowout loss to the Buffalo Bills.

Hill has played 104 of a possible 121 snaps in the past two weeks.

Ryan acknowledged earlier this week that Hill's playing time could be reduced. Hill was made aware Wednesday that he had lost his starting job to David Nelson.

"I just got note of it today (Wednesday) -- that some would be cut down," Hill said, via the New York Daily News. "Hey, look, I have nothing to feel about it. That's big man's decisions. I just have to do what I do every day, come out here and play hard."

Ryan was critical of Hill on Wednesday..................

Alshon Jeffery against Ravens: 7 catches 89 yards lmao

I'd like to see the stats on how many times he was targeted, and how many of those throws were actually catchable.

I know GENO had like what? 8 completions the entire game last week, so I am in by no means exonerating HILL but a completed pass has TWO components, and if the first part is askew, then their is no second part. Just curious?

Sure, but 104 snaps without a catch? Do u really think Its Geno's fault he can't complete pass to Hill?

Hill is soft. He made no attempt to turn into a DB on Geno's end zone int last week. Of course it was a terrible pass but he basically just watched like he didn't give a crap.

Exactly, it probably has to do with his effort and toughness which has been bad. Geno will be benched next week when the Jets are 5-6 for the very same reasons. 

IIRC, the Steelers "valued" him as a fifth rounder.

Bad example my friend, steelers are getting old and have been doing awful at drafting lately. Smith sucks, which is part of the reason as to why Hill isn't doing well now. Anyway, year 3 is when receivers typically take off, giving up on him this early is ridiculous considering his talent, Geno on the other hand is a qb. The qb is to much of an important position to wait for someone who's looking like a bust to develop. We need a draft a qb in the first round, Geno's garbage, if we had Manning their I bet Hill would look like an all star.

Absolutely ridiculous post.

Did you not read " If Geno gives us the best chance of winning, then everyone in NYJ management should be fired from the president to the towel boy. Geno has given us zero chances of winning when he is not bailed out by the defense or running game. We had to win a few games in spite of some terrible interceptions. ' This is not a rebuilding year as far as Rex's job security is concerned. If Idz is telling him what to do, the Rex should walk away. To play or not to play a particular player is the decision of the head coach, if he cannot be entrusted to make his own decisions, he should not be coaching. I did not have to be at practice to see how deplorable Geno is as a player...Never mind as a qb.

ok calm down how many teams have you GM for? #1 WE ARE REBUILDING!!!! # 2 IT TAKES TIME TO DEVELOP A PLAYER, he is not luck  or RG3  he is a 2nd rnd qb that may take time to develop.we dont have  good WRs and the O line has played bad. it takes 3 years to see what player you have so Hill and  Geno are going to take time besides who else can we put outher?. so wait and see what happens just like the rest of us. GO JETS!!

Sure, but 104 snaps without a catch? Do u really think Its Geno's fault he can't complete pass to Hill?

I think part of it is Geno's fault for sure. If he is targeted and the pass is 4 feet over his head, or resembles a 58 foot curve ball, then it absolutely would be Geno's fault. However if he is forcing GENO to throw into a 2 inch window because he can get seperation, and cant run roues correctly, then it would obviously fall on him.

Look, the Jets "passing attack" is pathetic to begin with so probably the fault falls more with the people designing the plays and then coaching the players to execute those plays, which brings us back to square 1 and the lack of a coherent offensive scheme on this team.

Have any of you really watched Stephen HIll in a game live in person?  The guy runs terrible lazy routes he takes himself out of the play. He never comes back for the ball when the QB is in trouble. He catches with is body and doesn't use his height to any advantage. 

Braylon Edwards would be more valuable to Geno Smith and this team at this point.

they should make the players run 40's at the combines in pads.  that would be useful informations

How about making the Combine a live drill with WR vs CB's , DL vs OL , QB's in live pressure situations. Oh that's right the players would never go for this because if it shows they actually do suck against equal or superior talent they wont get ****in paid. my bad

Oh no, Its fine with me also, but I just wanted to see the stats and make my own conclusions.

OK,In the New Orleans game he was targeted but 1 time, so does this mean?

1. They ran the ball great in that game and had no need to throw down the field to Hill

or

2. He couldnt get separation, and thus was never targeted

I would assume a little of both

BUT, against Buffalo, he was targeted 7 times and had NO receptions which leads to these hypothesis

1. To be targeted that many times with NO receptions, I can only conclude that the passes were poorly thrown and uncatchable or He dropped a few. Did he have any drops?

So, if He was not targeted in the NO game because of the run game, and the passes were poorly thrown in the Buffalo game, then I see no reason to bench him as it wasnt his fault for the lack of production.

If however, he was not targeted because he couldnt get seperation in NO, and he dropped passes in the Buffalo game, then obviously he should be benched for lack of separation.

Also, if a guy with 4.3 speed in his 2nd year, still cant run routes and get separation, then I would wonder about the capabilities of our coaches, in particular, our receivers coach, who is?

ok, i'll bite...why does a bunch or targets and no catches lead to none of them being catchable? I'm seriously mind f***ed right now and can't pull any reasoning out of my head or ass to come to the same conclusion as you. I'm sure you have statistical backing to base such a claim, so i'm going to go to sleep and try to forget that i read your post. 

ok, i'll bite...why does a bunch or targets and no catches lead to none of them being catchable? I'm seriously mind f***ed right now and can't pull any reasoning out of my head or ass to come to the same conclusion as you. I'm sure you have statistical backing to base such a claim, so i'm going to go to sleep and try to forget that i read your post. 

I was simply basing my conclusions on the report posted in this thread. The reoprt said that he was targeted 7 times and 5 were overthrown and 2 were underthrown in the Buffalo game and was only taergeted 1 time in the New Orleans game.

Based on this data what is so difficult to come to the conclusion that it wasnt Hill's fault as in the past 2 games, he was either not targeted or the throws were simply uncatchable when thrown to?

Please read the report posted in this thread and see if you can come to some other conclusion, because I know I cant, and I am sorry if this simple post affected your well being in anyway.

I was simply basing my conclusions on the report posted in this thread. The reoprt said that he was targeted 7 times and 5 were overthrown and 2 were underthrown in the Buffalo game and was only taergeted 1 time in the New Orleans game.

Based on this data what is so difficult to come to the conclusion that it wasnt Hill's fault as in the past 2 games, he was either not targeted or the throws were simply uncatchable when thrown to?

Please read the report posted in this thread and see if you can come to some other conclusion, because I know I cant, and I am sorry if this simple post affected your well being in anyway.

In this offense, the quarterback throws to a spot, not to the receiver, per se. Hill not being on his spot when the ball gets there ruins the play.

Archived