Jurassic Park Adventure Game

Leelou

Well first and foremost I find your appreciation of Hammond severe and unfounded in comparison to Muldoon, Malcolm, or the Lawyer.

Have you read the books?

Hammond's character is a lot more fleshed out in the first book.

Which he died in. Eaten by compy's. :(

Secondly I think it interesting that you're attempting to meta out of sussing you and that you are pushing AVM/I. Seems like an odd choice.

What makes you think Lily wouldn't go Ishy?

Well putting aside obvious and now irrelevant answers I reread the OP and it turns out Nedry doesn't have a kill so it was pointless speculation anyway. Would still like to know why you didn't vote though.

Yeah it was a kill based on... not really sure what. In any case I loved the books and still found Hammond to be unlikable. Sort of like Challenger in The Lost World, a love hate relationship.

I really liked Malcolm and the Lawyer in the books though.

I can see Nolder's point on Darthe, but I'm honestly thinking Nolder. He seems to be leading us around. He was the first to suggest trees and he is the first to come out with an accusation on anyone.

I was first because I have more time on my hands.

I am able to check in more often than anyone else and so I'm pretty much always going to be the first to respond to new information unless I'm sleeping. Aside from that though everyone agreed Trees were the way to go. Had I suggested it first and everyone said nah the cars are a better idea I would have been sh*t out of luck lol.

Yeah it was a kill based on... not really sure what. In any case I loved the books and still found Hammond to be unlikable. Sort of like Challenger in The Lost World, a love hate relationship.

I really liked Malcolm and the Lawyer in the books though.

I was like 8 or 9 when I read them so I barely remember the books.

Hammond's death was like practically the only scene I really remember.

Vote: Get to the choppa trees

First to vote.  Makes a light joke of it.

Awww Hammond is my favorite character from JP.

Oh well.

Ok so who would kill Ishy first?

I don't think Lily would have unless she was trying to be extra sneaky and throw us off. Granted that's all WIFOM.

That leaves either AVM or Darthe (for me anyway).

I know it's not much to go on but I didn't like how Darthe agreed the Trees were best after the rest of us had pretty much all decided, asked whether votes were locked, and then didn't vote when Leelou confirmed they weren't. It made me think he didn't actually want to go to the Trees and was hoping we would somehow change our own minds. It was a very strange thing to do IMO.

What do you guys think though?

Gets out front looking super townie.  Tries to focus on Darthe or myself while leaving the door open that it could be Lily (and it's stupid reasoning in the first place).  Essentially it's a post where he dirties everyone up rather subtlely.  Also I can't stand it when someone feels the need to explain that they're not including themselves in write ups.  Of course you aren't going to include yourself, why make note of it?

That's all you have to contribute?

I know this isn't a traditional mafia game and all but you could at least speculate a bit. :/

Or, you know, address the concerns that I laid out in my posts.

And where's everyone else? *pokepokepoke*

Whining about contribution, in a 5 person game.  Meh.

I can see Nolder's point on Darthe, but I'm honestly thinking Nolder. He seems to be leading us around. He was the first to suggest trees and he is the first to come out with an accusation on anyone. 

Laid out above.  I'll go first.

Vote: Nolder

First to vote.  Makes a light joke of it.

First to vote is no crime.

I am around more than anyone else, I'm not complaining but that's just a fact.

It makes perfect sense that I would be the first one to vote.

Am I supposed to wait for someone else? Especially when we had a prediscussed majority?

As for making jokes, yeah that always bothers me as well in mafia.

But this isn't mafia it's a weird little game with 5 people.

I mean hey if that makes you suspicious then that's that but I'm just trying to have some fun and kill some boredom.

Gets out front looking super townie. Tries to focus on Darthe or myself while leaving the door open that it could be Lily (and it's stupid reasoning in the first place).  Essentially it's a post where he dirties everyone up rather subtlely.  Also I can't stand it when someone feels the need to explain that they're not including themselves in write ups.  Of course you aren't going to include yourself, why make note of it?

I guess that's fair criticism.

Although I will note that my assessment of everyone was based on incorrect information.

I thought Nedry could kill but he can't. And I would have known that if I was Nedry.

As for including yourself or not when casting suspicion.

It's a damned if you do damned if you don't situation.

Whining about contribution, in a 5 person game.  Meh.

Laid out above.  I'll go first.

Vote: Nolder

I wasn't whining about contribution?

I was trying to prod Darthe into discussing why he didn't vote which he still hasn't done.

If we're going to start drawing lines in the sand already then my money is on Darthe.

Vote: Darthe

Nolder makes two good points. 

1. He didn't know (or was faking it) that Nedry didn't have a kill
  2. Darthe hasn't responded seriously to his accusation

Not sure which way I want to vote yet. 

That's a decent point.

If he doesn't show in the next hour we may have to change to him.

After sleeping in the drainage pipe all night, you find a jeep and make your way cautiously back to the Pavilion. Once there, you find the main computer and turn all of the major systems back on. Once the lights are back on you search for who could have sabotaged the system. You find Nedry eating a 10 gallon tub of black cherry ice cream. Knowing he was the one, you tie him up and bring him back to the mainland for justice. 

Nolder, Dennis Nedry, has been caught. 

Congratulations, you have survived Jurassic Park. 

PMs

1. Dr. Alan Grant (Lily) - you have the smarts to help the group survive one Raptor attack. As long as you are alive, your ability will automatically save the group if a Raptor attack occurs.  You win if your team makes it off the island and finds Dennis Nedry.

2. Dr. Ellie Sattler (AVM) - you have a jeep with enough gas for one escape from a T-Rex. As long as you are alive, your ability will automatically save the group from the T-Rex. You win if your team makes it off the island and finds Dennis Nedry.

3. Dr. Ian Malcolm (Darthe) - you have the ability to read plans and get the power turned back on for the fences to help the group survive complete chaos once. As long as you are alive, your ability will automatically save the group from complete chaos. You win if your team makes it off the island and finds Dennis Nedry.

4. John Hammond (Ishy) - you are the sole creator of Jurassic Park, you have a hidey bunker that will shelter the group once. As long as you are alive, your knowledge of your bunker will save the group. You win if your team makes it off the island and finds Dennis Nedry.

5. Dennis Nedry (Nolder) - you are a corrupt, vile man. You are greedy and all you can think about is food. You are the one who is sabotaging the facility. Once per phase you will be given 2 options (pick one) to throw kinks into the scenario and hopefully someone will get eaten. You win when everyone else is dead.

If you had chosen to stay in the cars, one of the fail safes would have kicked in. Also, who was killed was random. Nedry was always safe from dying since you had to catch him.

Archived