Andrew Luck

Matt39

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They do but they're not everything. Take Sanchez last year. When our non-weapons were open he'd still miss them. Geno's not exactly hitting guys in the sweet spot either. Plenty of his completions - like Sanchez before him - are crappy throws, necessitating in-air adjustments that shouldn't be required. The flag only made this one play easier to remember, but that pass to Holmes that was initially called incomplete was atrocious. There was no reason to not drill Holmes between the 1 & the 0. Instead the ball's thrown near the ground.

I don't know if it's nerves or what, because I've seen him make plenty good throws. After 4 years of seeing that type of inconsistency from Sanchez I don't give him the benefit of the doubt and say it's nerves. With Geno I'll allow it's possible that he's just in over his head and could still be good, but he has too many things to sort out in practice and the film room to trot out there again this year (or bank on for next year).

Mornhinweg doesn't naturally call plays like this. It's either fear of Geno screwing up, or a directive from his HC (also out of fear of Geno screwing up), or both of those factors, that are causing him to call plays like he's Tony Sparano II.

In either case he can't be out there. Between the games themselves, and the practices leading up to them, there are 50 players spending hours breaking down film and risking breaking bones and ligaments that could end their careers. Entering the game as the 6th seed it's an insult to trot him out there to hand off for the first 2 downs on what seems like every series (mixed in with incomplete passes or picks or mis-timing his own cadence when there is a deviation from run-run-pass-punt).

I guess I'm just in he same place I was with Sanchez: I want to watch someone else play instead. And unlike in the past, it's not like the only options are Tebow or McElroy or a 41 year-old has-been who hasn't taken a meaningful snap in 5 years.

And I'm making the assumption that you didn't see Simms come in and go 3 for 3 and a TD with the SAME "weapons" Geno had? Same O Line? Same OC? Soooo, why sugar coat the truth?

Blah it was garbage time blah. They plaued prevent blah. Yet simms had all of 3 snaps with the first stringers and looked better. This blind devotion to Interceptageno has little to do with how terrible Geno is. Having said that, the real problem is Rex...He falls in love with athleticism rather than football players.

Blah it was garbage time blah. They plaued prevent blah. Yet simms had all of 3 snaps with the first stringers and looked better. This blind devotion to Interceptageno has little to do with how terrible Geno is. Having said that, the real problem is Rex...He falls in love with athleticism rather than football players.

I will guarantee you Rex Ryan is absolutely confused right now as to why Mornhinweg hasn't fixed the offense. As if it's some mystical other side of the building into which he feels no need to tread, like Narnia.

And I'm making the assumption that you didn't see Simms come in and go 3 for 3 and a TD with the SAME "weapons" Geno had? Same O Line? Same OC? Soooo, why sugar coat the truth?

Anyone can look serviceable against the prevent. And I wanted Simms to play the second half today.

They do but they're not everything. Take Sanchez last year. When our non-weapons were open he'd still miss them. Geno's not exactly hitting guys in the sweet spot either. Plenty of his completions - like Sanchez before him - are crappy throws, necessitating in-air adjustments that shouldn't be required. The flag only made this one play easier to remember, but that pass to Holmes that was initially called incomplete was atrocious. There was no reason to not drill Holmes between the 1 & the 0. Instead the ball's thrown near the ground.

I don't know if it's nerves or what, because I've seen him make plenty good throws. After 4 years of seeing that type of inconsistency from Sanchez I don't give him the benefit of the doubt and say it's nerves. With Geno I'll allow it's possible that he's just in over his head and could still be good, but he has too many things to sort out in practice and the film room to trot out there again this year (or bank on for next year).

Mornhinweg doesn't naturally call plays like this. It's either fear of Geno screwing up, or a directive from his HC (also out of fear of Geno screwing up), or both of those factors, that are causing him to call plays like he's Tony Sparano II.

In either case he can't be out there. Between the games themselves, and the practices leading up to them, there are 50 players spending hours breaking down film and risking breaking bones and ligaments that could end their careers. Entering the game as the 6th seed it's an insult to trot him out there to hand off for the first 2 downs on what seems like every series (mixed in with incomplete passes or picks or mis-timing his own cadence when there is a deviation from run-run-pass-punt).

I guess I'm just in he same place I was with Sanchez: I want to watch someone else play instead. And unlike in the past, it's not like the only options are Tebow or McElroy or a 41 year-old has-been who hasn't taken a meaningful snap in 5 years.

how exactly do you know when said receivers are open ? Do you subscribe to NFL 22 and a Jets playbook ? you must also know our 1st 2nd and 3rd passing options as well . Fact is as fans we know very little other than the facts and the facts have been the Jets have sh*t on offense for years and expect QB"s to do well in a system filled with trash

how exactly do you know when said receivers are open ? Do you subscribe to NFL 22 and a Jets playbook ? you must also know our 1st 2nd and 3rd passing options as well . Fact is as fans we know very little other than the facts and the facts have been the Jets have sh*t on offense for years and expect QB"s to do well in a system filled with trash

Simply put- it's easy to blame the quarterback.

School is out! Sperm, learn from this post, you lack knowledge!

Fun, too!

More lazy than anything.

Wilson is much, much better than Luck(which I called, obviously) but throwing to dudes named Coby isn't going to work at this level.

Jonathan Martin just needs to go to Indianapolis. He can fit in with the other busts.

Wrong... You think cause we don't have megatron and rice as WR1 and WR2 that it's trash. The reality is that the last 2 years is the first time it's been actual "trash". Pennington had a good surrounding cast, as did Sanchez the first 2 years. They just sucked.

Wrong... You think cause we don't have megatron and rice as WR1 and WR2 that it's trash. The reality is that the last 2 years is the first time it's been actual "trash". Pennington had a good surrounding cast, as did Sanchez the first 2 years. They just sucked.

Who was catching Sanchez's passes? Do you guys watch other teams?

I will guarantee you Rex Ryan is absolutely confused right now as to why Mornhinweg hasn't fixed the offense. As if it's some mystical other side of the building into which he feels no need to tread, like Narnia.

So the "defensive mastermind" has no idea how offense operates? How can u be a defensive mastermind/guru if u have no idea how an offense is run? Whereas posters like u think they know so much more than a professional football head coach that has football coaching running in his veins.

The only thing this team lacks is a QB that can protect the damn ball and complete 60% of his passes. Basically a game manager.

Obviously I'm referring to mostly times when the TV shows open receivers. There are 2 varieties: (1) a receiver that is thrown towards, and (2) a receiver not thrown to.

I also watch other QBs - which shouldn't distinguish me from anyone else but apparently it does - and our definition of "open" differs greatly from others' definitions.

Jets fans' definitions of "open" seems to be synonymous with WIDE, Wide open. I see covered receivers all the time that get passes completed to them. You may have even seen other QBs do that if you've watched a Jets game this year. Only Jets QBs require 3+ yards of separation before acknowledging that there was someplace to throw the football.

I've also been to games - and have heard plant of others who do complain - that guys are open plenty and the ball simply doesn't get thrown there. I stopped going to "every" game during the Pennington years and the number of non-throws to open, deep receivers was nauseating.

Sanchez was a king (or queen, erally, with that f*cking girly headband) of sh*tty placement even on completed passes. Geno is a little better but not much.

I'm watching the Giants/Cowboys game right now and Romo - who has his obvious faults at the position - is constantly hitting guys in the hands who would appear "covered" if they were on the Jets. Someone like Bryant is on another level talent-wise than anyone we have, but it is COMMON for there to be a tire-sized window of opportunity and a throw outside that tire-sized would be an easy pick. Get it through the tire and it's an easy first down.

We clearly need better talent with our pass-catchers, but open is open. And unless it's outright dropped, it doesn't matter if it's Clyde Gates or Brandon Marshall if the throw is off the mark enough.

At this point does it really matter ?

Geno looks totally lost out there. Teams right now are throwing 8 to 9 in the box daring the Jets to throw the football and they can't.

I have never in all my years watching the Jets seen guys get free runs at the QB. Now is it because Geno is not reading it and making the right adjustments or does the O-Line just flat out suck ? Probably a combination of both.

Geno continues to stare down his targets and does not seem to want to take off and run with the football when the play starts to break down.

Right now Geno is playing himself to the bench and if the Jets don't turn in around Rex is gonna be coaching himself out of a job.

First 2 years? Braylon, Holmes, LDT, Cotch and Keller... if you think that is bad, what would you call this years crop of losers? 

Braylon was a solid receiver who seemed to be working well with Sanchez and they both did well in the playoffs. Jets tossed him top the curb in the offseason

Holmes is the most inconsistent WR on the team. When he shows up he can be very good but he's certainly not a reliable go to guy and he's no Number 1`.

Keller is a pussy and always will be a pussy . Refuses to extend for passes over the middle and disappears for entire portions of the season.

LT was ending a great career was a shell of his former self but if he showed us anything it was that we needed to some how find a pass receiving back we could rely upon. The Jets did nothing to replace him.

If your calling this good then you simply have not been paying attention to the better offenses in the NFL. Don't make silly ass  statements that I want Jerry Rice or Megatron or a Marshall Faulk . But it would be nice for once to have a top notch player at one of the skill positions or is that too much to ask for in your world ?

Braylon was a solid receiver who seemed to be working well with Sanchez and they both did well in the playoffs. Jets tossed him top the curb in the offseason

Holmes is the most inconsistent WR on the team. When he shows up he can be very good but he's certainly not a reliable go to guy and he's no Number 1`.

Keller is a pussy and always will be a pussy . Refuses to extend for passes over the middle and disappears for entire portions of the season.

LT was ending a great career was a shell of his former self but if he showed us anything it was that we needed to some how find a pass receiving back we could rely upon. The Jets did nothing to replace him.

If your calling this good then you simply have not been paying attention to the better offenses in the NFL. Don't make silly ass  statements that I want Jerry Rice or Megatron or a Marshall Faulk . But it would be nice for once to have a top notch player at one of the skill positions or is that too much to ask for in your world ?

The Jets had Tomlinson's replacement he was just too white.

You are the one who isn't watching, outside of 1 year with a healthy Moss and 1 year of Gronk and Hernandez brady has played most of his career with less then Pussington and Sanchez have had.Same can be said for countelss other QB's, both of whom had top OL's and rushing attacks.  There has been a deficit at skill positions the last 2 year, but prior to that we were in upper half of league. Not top 5, but top 15

Archived