If Danny Woodhead were still a Jet, he'd be the best playmaker we have...

Integrity28

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i know this board likes to have a white guy to root for that they can relate to or something but danny woodhead?

hes ok. If he was is the prominent point of your offense that team is in trouble

Woodhead makes plays. You can get him the ball in space and he'll sustain drives. No ones asking him to be the prominent piece. The Jets don't have any pieces. He's better than Powell at least.

i know this board likes to have a white guy to root for that they can relate to or something but danny woodhead?

hes ok. If he was is the prominent point of your offense that team is in trouble

See: San Diego Chargers 2013

Pass-first offense has completely turned around, Rivers is no longer being talked about as "done", and they just put 41 on the KC Defense ... with Woodhead being the centerpiece of their offense with something like 200 total yards and 2 TDs. 

You keep following me around taking the passive/aggressive chip shots at me... you clearly know what you are talking about.

Woodhead makes plays. You can get him the ball in space and he'll sustain drives. No ones asking him to be the prominent piece. The Jets don't have any pieces. He's better than Powell at least.

San Diego is, and he's delivering every week.

Their offense is Woodhead, Keenan Allen and the ghost of Antonio Gates, and they have no problems putting up points.

Pass-first offense has completely turned around, Rivers is no longer being talked about as "done", and they just put 41 on the KC Defense ... with Woodhead being the centerpiece of their offense with something like 200 total yards and 2 TDs.

Phillip Rivers is the centerpiece of the offense.  It's no secret that Woodhead looked good because of Tom Brady and Rivers when he was just a JAG here.  Just like Julian Edelman looks good now for Tom Brady.  It doesn't make Julian Edelman the "centerpiece of the offense".

Keenan Allen had 124 yards for the Chargers last week.  Would he be a "centerpiece guy" for us too?

Phillip Rivers is the centerpiece of the offense. It's no secret that Woodhead looked good because of Tom Brady and Rivers when he was just a JAG here. Just like Julian Edelman looks good now for Tom Brady. It doesn't make Julian Edelman the "centerpiece of the offense".

Keenan Allen had 124 yards for the Chargers last week. Would he be a "centerpiece guy" for us too?

Edelman looks good suddenly because teams are focused on Gronkowski.

The Pats passing game was mediocre at best before Gronk got back.

What Woodead does with he ball in his hands after the catch has zero to do with the QB.

You keep following me around taking the passive/aggressive chip shots at me... you clearly know what you are talking about.

He did the same thing with Sproules back in the day.  The Key is Rivers not Woodcock.

ivory>woodhead. He makes some nice plays which arnt bad to have but hes just merely ok. Phillip rivers at times can be the best qb in football that helps woodhead

but i like what jetsfan80 said

Woodhead's numbers coming into last week:

@ Washington (among the worst overall D's in the league):  7 carries, 21 yards; 9 catches, 77 yards

vs. Denver:  6 carries, 27 yards; 4 catches, 17 yards.

@ Miami:  5 carries, 21 yards; 2 catches, 16 yards.

Centerpiece.

San Diego is, and he's delivering every week.

Their offense is Woodhead, Keenan Allen and the ghost of Antonio Gates, and they have no problems putting up points.

Ryan Matthews is quietly having a good season. Also keep an eye on Ladarius Webb...who's going to be awesome.

Phillip Rivers is the centerpiece of the offense.  It's no secret that Woodhead looked good because of Tom Brady and Rivers when he was just a JAG here.  Just like Julian Edelman looks good now for Tom Brady.  It doesn't make Julian Edelman the "centerpiece of the offense".

Keenan Allen had 124 yards for the Chargers last week.  Would he be a "centerpiece guy" for us too?

You are smarter than this, the Chargers offense lives and dies with high-percentage passes, which is where Woodhead makes his bones. He is a "key cog", "major part", "one of the centerpieces", "makes it tick" ... whatever cliché you want to articulate about it, Woodhead is part of what makes it go.

Last year, people talked about Phillip Rivers being "done". There was no Woodhead in that offense. It's an absolute given that the QB is the true centerpiece of every offense, a point so obvious it shouldn't need to be stated - so, since it's lost on you, the point I'm making is that Woodhead is an every down player that would have far more impact on our offense than ANY of the players we have now.

And I've already lauded Keenan Allen's role in their offense as well, and yes, he'd be better than anything we've got too. He actually knows how to run routes, create separation from DBs and catch the ball with his hands. Watch him on tape. He's better than all of our WRs including Holmes, at this point in his career.

You are smarter than this, the Chargers offense lives and dies with high-percentage passes, which is where Woodhead makes his bones. He is a "key cog", "major part", "one of the centerpieces", "makes it tick" ... whatever cliché you want to articulate about it, Woodhead is part of what makes it go.

No, he's not.  He's a "space guy", like a Darren Sproles.  You could put a lot of people in the league in that role.  It doesn't make him a "centerpiece".  It makes him a complimentary player to the weaponz already in place.  He wouldn't be putting up these kinds of numbers if Rivers, Gates, Allen, Mathews, Royal and Vincent Brown weren't there taking the attention away from him, or in New England with Brady, Gronk, Welker, and the murderer around.

Read what you said in the bold.  He's PART of what makes it go.

I like Ivory a lot but him and Woodhead do different things. I'd rather pair Woodside with Ivory than Powell.

im just trying to look at it from a "playmaker" status or whatever this post was suppose to be about.

if we had woodhead and rivers itd be cool but geno seems like he needs a giant WR to catch errant passes not a small shift one who gets YAC

Last year, people talked about Phillip Rivers being "done". There was no Woodhead in that offense. It's an absolute given that the QB is the true centerpiece of every offense, a point so obvious it shouldn't need to be stated - so, since it's lost on you, the point I'm making is that Woodhead is an every down player that would have far more impact on our offense than ANY of the players we have now.

And I've already lauded Keenan Allen's role in their offense as well, and yes, he'd be better than anything we've got too. He actually knows how to run routes, create separation from DBs and catch the ball with his hands. Watch him on tape. He's better than all of our WRs including Holmes, at this point in his career.

woodhead saved rivers career!

or your know maybe rivers had a bounce back year

Bullsh*t. Replace Rivers with Mark or Geno and San Diego would be firing another head coach.

That's not the argument though, all you buttholes are diverting from the original point ... which is Woodhead is more talented, and contributes more to offensive output than all of our offensive players.

Think about that statement for a second. All I'm saying is Woodhead is better than David Nelson, Greg Salas, Stephen Hill, Bilal Powell, Chris Ivory, Holmes, etc.

Ivory is the on guy that might be better than him, but Ivory is twice the size of Woodhead and half as durable!

No, he's not.  He's a "space guy", like a Darren Sproles.  You could put a lot of people in the league in that role.  It doesn't make him a "centerpiece".  It makes him a complimentary player to the weaponz already in place.  He wouldn't be putting up these kinds of numbers if Rivers, Gates, Allen, Mathews, Royal and Vincent Brown weren't there taking the attention away from him, or in New England with Brady, Gronk, Welker, and the murderer around.

Read what you said in the bold.  He's PART of what makes it go.

You are taking my misuse of a cliché statement too seriously. 

Back to my point, who on our roster right now is doing more with their opportunities?

That's not the argument though, all you buttholes are diverting from the original point ... which is Woodhead is more talented, and contributes more to offensive output than all of our offensive players.

Think about that statement for a second. All I'm saying is Woodhead is better than David Nelson, Greg Salas, Stephen Hill, Bilal Powell, Chris Ivory, Holmes, etc.

Ivory is the on guy that might be better than him, but Ivory is twice the size of Woodhead and half as durable!

1.  Saying Woodhead is better than those guys, while not true when it comes to Holmes or Ivory, is not impressive.  Read the list again.  Greg Salas?  Really?  Of COURSE he's better than Greg Salas.

2.  You're saying he's a CENTERPIECE, which is quite different that a nice complimentary player, which is what Woodhead is.  He wouldn't come in and re-shape our offense.

3.  Chris Ivory at least has the ability to run through some people.  He also has a longer run (69 yarder) in his short time this season with the Jets than Woodhead (36 yarder) has ever had in his 5-year career.  Think about that for a moment.

You are taking my misuse of a cliché statement too seriously. 

Back to my point, who on our roster right now is doing more with their opportunities?

Ivory and Holmes.  Put them in San Diego and they're having very solid seasons.  Not Pro Bowl caliber but nice seasons.

Statement is incorrect.

If you said Danny Woodhead is playing better than offensive player on the team?  (Correct)

You said if he WAS still a Jet.  (incorrect)

If he was still a Jet we would be talking about how he is one of Rex's favorites and he is too short and needs to be cut. 

Your statement just like your face is grotesquely wrong and a crime against nature. 

woodhead saved rivers career!

or your know maybe rivers had a bounce back year

It's not an either/or.... Rivers clearly has bounced back, and Woodhead as one of his weapons has helped that happen. Which brings me to my original point, Woodhead would be a better weapon for us than any of the options we have. 

You care to tell me who we have that has done more with their opportunities?

1.  Saying Woodhead is better than those guys, while not true when it comes to Holmes or Ivory, is not impressive.  Read the list again.  Greg Salas?  Really?  Of COURSE he's better than Greg Salas.

2.  You're saying he's a CENTERPIECE, which is quite different that a nice complimentary player, which is what Woodhead is.  He wouldn't come in and re-shape our offense.

3.  Chris Ivory at least has the ability to run through some people.  He also has a longer run (69 yarder) in his short time this season with the Jets than Woodhead (36 yarder) has ever had in his 5-year career.  Think about that for a moment.

Yeah, so you can't get past the use of a cliché term.

Let's move away from my use of "centerpiece", because that wasn't part of my original post, it was poor word choice that  you can't get past because you have dumb brains. The centerpiece comment came out of me being dumbfounded by Crusher calling him a niche player. He's not a niche player, he's a major part of the screen game, and supplements the run game in San Diego with his pass-catching ability. Pass catching, something pretty much nobody on our roster can do.

Anyway, your #1 point above is exactly my point - my original post was meant to convey how bad our roster is, how bad our roster management has been, and that we hazzz no weaponzzzz... it's my opinion that Woodhead would in fact be our most productive player if he were here. 

Nothing Woodhead has done compared to what our players are doing would lead any rational person to think otherwise. You throw the ball to Woodhead, and he does something with it. Not ONE player on the Jets roster can the same be said about.

And stop throwing rushing stats at me, you know damn well this is about the passing game... everything in the NFL is about the passing game... running the ball is a novelty, passing it is a necessity. 

Ryan Matthews is quietly having a good season. Also keep an eye on Ladarius Webb...who's going to be awesome.

He is, and I've been watching... I had Keenan Allen on all my fantasy rosters 2 weeks before he blew up. I really like what Mike McCoy has done with the offense out there, he basically helped Rivers get out of his own way.

There's a dink-and-dunk aspect to the offense, but it's all high-percentage, and based upon momentum building. We could use some of that noise here... and that's what Woodhead brings to the table, he helps extend drives.

Archived