Who will be the Jets Head Coach next year?

Latinlawyer

I don't need to scour the Internet for evidence on Idzik. I'm watching the product he's put on the field. He had no money to work with in free agency, so he gets a pass there. But his first draft is shaping up to be a disaster. Three picks in the Top 40, only one looks like he's going to be any good.

It's still early, but so far it's not looking good.

To be fair, most rookies (especially QBs and CBs) take time beyond their first 12 games to develop. Judging this draft mid-way through it's first season is ludicrous. We're lucky we got ONE guy in those 3 picks from the top 40 that was an immediate contributor. 

Immediate contributors are most often the exception, not the norm.

Your post is otherwise correct, he had nothing to work with. Barely any quality retained from previous years, because Tannenbaum shat on the roster for almost a decade, and no money to augment the roster and draft through free agency.

This is, and always was, going to be a lost season. It sucks, but it's true.

Here's my list, starting with most likely--

1. Bevell: Idzik knows him, and literally the day before Idzik signed his Jets deal, Bevell signed a one-year extension with the Seahawks. Not a great leap to believe the two occurrences are connected.

2. Rex: It's likely the team will get to at least 7-9 by beating the Raiders and Browns, which might be enough to convince Woody to keep him. If he gets Matt Simms to manage the game, he can sell the case that Geno wrecked the team on him.

3. Jay Gruden: has the name that Woody likes, and has put together a pretty spicy Bengals offense that shredded Rex earlier this year.

4. Jon Gruden/Gary Kubiak/Lovie Smith/Whisenhunt: the retread route always has to be considered when a franchise hits the skids and starts playing in front of empty seats

Someone whose a Disciplinarian.

Ryan is a players HC and a Disciplinarian usually follows a Dave and Busters atmosphere. Herm (country club) , Mangini (prick), Rex (clown), ...

Someone who Izzy trusts and wont stab him in the back.

Someone offensive minded for a QB driven league.

To be fair, most rookies (especially QBs and CBs) take time beyond their first 12 games to develop. Judging this draft mid-way through it's first season is ludicrous. We're lucky we got ONE guy in those 3 picks from the top 40 that was an immediate contributor.

Immediate contributors are most often the exception, not the norm.

Your post is otherwise correct, he had nothing to work with. Barely any quality retained from previous years, because Tannenbaum shat on the roster for almost a decade, and no money to augment the roster and draft through free agency.

This is, and always was, going to be a lost season. It sucks, but it's true.

No offense, but you sound like bitonti at the beginning of this post.

But I agree with you. It's too early to pass final judgement on the draft. But as I said, it's not looking good right now.

I also agree this was always going to be a lost season. At least they made it interesting for two months.

No offense, but you sound like bitonti at the beginning of this post.

But I agree with you. It's too early to pass final judgement on the draft. But as I said, it's not looking good right now.

I also agree this was always going to be a lost season. At least they made it interesting for two months.

Reported.

Negged for hopping on someone's joke with a lesser joke. 

Also, I really would like to use this whole season to evaluate the team. Football's dumb so 5-7 still leaves room for 9-7! 

I don't always read the whole thread before hitting reply, it's sort of my thing actually (in the mafia games)... anyway, negged for explaining yourself like a pussy.

Bill Cowher,Greg Schiano,John Gruden,Nick Saban,Les Miles any of these coaches would be better then Rex Ryan right now at head coach. Its disappointing that Rexs Era started so great & now its in shambles. What the hell happened. Idiot organization

Cowher won't come here, Gruden likely stays in the booth, and Saban was a disaster, Schiano - are you serious???

What happened is a very good question. A huge drop off in talent along with atrocious QB play are the biggest culprits IMO.

A couple of mysteries this year - what happened to Cro? He was awesome last year, and fell off the cliff this year. The QB protection was bad all year but fell off that same cliff after the bye. Geno started off good and then just imploded.

I just don't get it.

Either Rex or Mohringwig (sp)..as with the Geno-Sanchez debate: watch what you hope for, it may come true.

Watch what you hope for? At this point, it just cant get any worse. they are historically bad when it comes to the QB play over the past 5 years. They have arguably the WORST offense in the NFL right now, and this team (even though some may not admit it) has quit yet again.

Anything, I mean anything would be betterr than the product on the field we are seeing, so watch what I hope for? Anything just short of a nuclear explosion would be better than this train wreck.

Archived