Bill Belichick takes a hilarious shot at the Jets this morning  

112713patspracticejw01.jpg
112713patspracticejw01.jpg?c=d770068c018
Photo by: 
John Wilcox
Bill Belichick
Wednesday, December 4, 2013
By:

Out of absolutely nowhere, Bill Belichick took a hilarious shot at the Jets this morning at his initial news conference of Week 14.

Belichick, who coached the Browns from 1991-95, was asked if he still had any affinity for the organization due to his time spent there. After all, it was his first head coaching gig, though it came to a close when the organization moved to Baltimore.

"I was there for five years," Belichick said. "It was five important years in my life, for myself, my family and all that. Obviously, we've all moved on, and I have a job to do here and that's where my loyalty is, is to Robert (Kraft), the Patriots organization and this football team. So it's no different than how I feel, honestly, about the Colts, or the Lions or the Broncos. I feel differently about the Jets. We won't put them in that category.

"Good experiences with all of those teams, and we learned from them, grew as a coach, and as a person and as a family. But we're at a different time and a different place. This is where we are now, so I'll try to make the most out of this one."

Belichick famously quit the Jets in 2000 to take a job with the Patriots, and the two organizations have shared a cold-blooded rivalry for more than two decades. Belichick's dig at the Jets this morning was the latest example. It was clearly a joke, but it was a funny shot nonetheless.

I like having the coaches perpetuate the rivalry between us and the Patriots, it makes the games that more intense. 

If we were keeping score, I would guess that the number of jabs Rex has made against the Pats are far greater in (both) number, and intensity. 

Hey you robbed a kind, dying old man, way to go Belli. Man of the year.

First off, why wasnt there a lawsuit to retrieve the money? Reason: because there were no grounds for one,

Secondly, Hess gave Belichick that money as a bonus to stay on because teams were wanting him for HC in the 98 offseason

Belichick would have turned Cleveland around if not for Modell.

He had the staff and 2 first round picks next draft. The Ravens used one of those picks on Ray Lewis.

Yes, because the Browns/Ravens did nothing after they mov..... oh... right. 

Do you read your posts before you hit the "post" button?

First off, why wasnt there a lawsuit to retrieve the money? Reason: because there were no grounds for one,

Secondly, Hess gave Belichick that money as a bonus to stay on because teams were wanting him for HC in the 98 offseason 

It gives me great pleasure to announce that you are completely wrong.

Firstly, Belichick was under a 6 year contract with the jets signed in 97. There were terms in the contract stating that Belichick was supposed to become head coach if Parcells ever stepped down. There were also terms stating that Belichick was not allowed leave until at least the 2001 season. If not he would've had to stay the full length of his contract meaning the 2003 season would be his first away form the jets. Belichick was in clear breach of contract, not to mention the cowardice that goes along with the move. The commissioner at the time, Paul Tagliabue agreed with the jets. After substantial review he confirmed that Belichick was most certainly locked up by the jets until at least 2000 barring a return from Parcells. The Patriots and Jets then had to negotiate for the trade of Belichick. The Pats centered the deal around a first rounder (16th overall) that the jets traded to San Fran along with a 2nd rounder for the 12th overall. They selected Shaun Ellis with that pick.

Nevertheless, you are right about there not being a lawsuit because there were no grounds for one but your confusing the plaintiff for the defendant and vice versa. Belichick  was actively seeking legal help in order to free him from his contract with the jets. Why was there no lawsuit and instead a trade? Belichick had no grounds for a lawsuit because he was in breach of contract with the Jets. 

So yeah.. Belichick is a big fat coward as well as a cheater. If this were Star Wars he'd be Chancellor Palpatine. 

Bill Belichick takes a hilarious shot at the Jets this morning  

112713patspracticejw01.jpg
112713patspracticejw01.jpg?c=d770068c018
Photo by: 
John Wilcox
Bill Belichick
Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Out of absolutely nowhere, Bill Belichick took a hilarious shot at the Jets this morning at his initial news conference of Week 14.

Belichick, who coached the Browns from 1991-95, was asked if he still had any affinity for the organization due to his time spent there. After all, it was his first head coaching gig, though it came to a close when the organization moved to Baltimore.

"I was there for five years," Belichick said. "It was five important years in my life, for myself, my family and all that. Obviously, we've all moved on, and I have a job to do here and that's where my loyalty is, is to Robert (Kraft), the Patriots organization and this football team. So it's no different than how I feel, honestly, about the Colts, or the Lions or the Broncos. I feel differently about the Jets. We won't put them in that category.

"Good experiences with all of those teams, and we learned from them, grew as a coach, and as a person and as a family. But we're at a different time and a different place. This is where we are now, so I'll try to make the most out of this one."

Belichick famously quit the Jets in 2000 to take a job with the Patriots, and the two organizations have shared a cold-blooded rivalry for more than two decades. Belichick's dig at the Jets this morning was the latest example. It was clearly a joke, but it was a funny shot nonetheless.

And of course Belichick will get the LAST LAUGH when Rex gets canned in about a month. Shoulda not only kissed the rings but his arse as well Rex, since you are not even CLOSE to being at his level as a HC.

Hey you robbed a kind, dying old man, way to go Belli. Man of the year.

And that kind, dying old man robbed all Jet fans of 2 seasons of watchable football in January 1995 when he exclaimed at his press conference: "I'm an old man who's not getting younger, I want a Super Bowl now!" then proceeded to introduce to all us gullible oafs the new HC of the NYJ. A man who admitted at that very same press conference that he's "not a very smart man, but more of a dese and dose kinda guy."

So Belichick stealing from a guy who stole from his fans? Oh well... You don't get into business with theives expecting honor.

It gives me great pleasure to announce that you are completely wrong.

Firstly, Belichick was under a 6 year contract with the jets signed in 97. There were terms in the contract stating that Belichick was supposed to become head coach if Parcells ever stepped down. There were also terms stating that Belichick was not allowed leave until at least the 2001 season. If not he would've had to stay the full length of his contract meaning the 2003 season would be his first away form the jets. Belichick was in clear breach of contract, not to mention the cowardice that goes along with the move. The commissioner at the time, Paul Tagliabue agreed with the jets. After substantial review he confirmed that Belichick was most certainly locked up by the jets until at least 2000 barring a return from Parcells. The Patriots and Jets then had to negotiate for the trade of Belichick. The Pats centered the deal around a first rounder (16th overall) that the jets traded to San Fran along with a 2nd rounder for the 12th overall. They selected Shaun Ellis with that pick.

Nevertheless, you are right about there not being a lawsuit because there were no grounds for one but your confusing the plaintiff for the defendant and vice versa. Belichick  was actively seeking legal help in order to free him from his contract with the jets. Why was there no lawsuit and instead a trade? Belichick had no grounds for a lawsuit because he was in breach of contract with the Jets. 

So yeah.. Belichick is a big fat coward as well as a cheater. If this were Star Wars he'd be Chancellor Palpatine. 

Who are you?

Oh, I get it, youre a regular posting under this JN membership. OK, very well then.

You could not be more wrong about everything, but I realize that Jets fans are butt hurt over Belichick leaving NY and having so much success in NE. Yall are resentful because he should be the Jets HC and we all know that if Belichick quit the Pats tomorrow, you would give your left testicle to have him coach the Jets. You would care less about Hess's million dollars. In the meanwhile, there has to be plot that paints Belichick as a villain.

If you keep repeating a lie long enough it eventually becomes a truth in Jetland. Isnt that it?

First off, NFL contracts are broken constantly. Bob Kraft had a contract with Parcells that he couldnt coach another NFL team after quiting the Pats, but he did anyway by acting as a consultant for the Jets. Parcells was named Jets HC in 97 after coaching NE in 96. The Patriots were given 4 draft picks over that deal. So, please dont tell me about anybody being bound by a contact where they could not leave. OK? Whats more, I dont want to hear about a coward when Parcells was negotiating with the NY Jets during Super Bowl week. Thats about as chiken$hit as it comes.The Patriots received 1 draft pick only because Belichick made a lateral move to NE after becoming HC of the Jets for 24 hours. If Belichick became NEs HC moving up from a NY coordinators position the Jets would have received nothing.

Secondly and most importantly, the Jets breached the contract when they allowed Parcells to stay on as GM. The deal was for Parcells to leave, go away, adios, goodbye, so Belichick could resume GM/HC duties like Parcells had with NY. Exactly like Belichick had in Cleveland. Buying the groceries and cooling the meal. Not half the job. In those days it was more common than today for 1 man to run the whole show.

Back to the so called stolen million dollars. Belichick was offered a HC position in the 98 off season and Hess gave him 1 million to stay because Parcells would be retiring soon. Parcells never retired so deal off.

Very strange that there was no lawsuit to recoup the 1 million dollars. Parcells knew of the bonus. Didnt Steve Gutman know of the bonus? Anybody else? If Belichick stole the money than why didnt the Jets go after it via lawsuit? They could have gotten back at Belichick by embarrassing him in court. Its a BS story thats why.

Who are you?

Oh, I get it, youre a regular posting under this JN membership. OK, very well then.

You could not be more wrong about everything, but I realize that Jets fans are butt hurt over Belichick leaving NY and having so much success in NE. Yall are resentful because he should be the Jets HC and we all know that if Belichick quit the Pats tomorrow, you would give your left testicle to have him coach the Jets. You would care less about Hess's million dollars. In the meanwhile, there has to be plot that paints Belichick as a villain.

If you keep repeating a lie long enough it eventually becomes a truth in Jetland. Isnt that it?

First off, NFL contracts are broken constantly. Bob Kraft had a contract with Parcells that he couldnt coach another NFL team after quiting the Pats, but he did anyway by acting as a consultant for the Jets. Parcells was named Jets HC in 97 after coaching NE in 96. The Patriots were given 4 draft picks over that deal. So, please dont tell me about anybody being bound by a contact where they could not leave. OK? Whats more, I dont want to hear about a coward when Parcells was negotiating with the NY Jets during Super Bowl week. Thats about as chiken$hit as it comes.The Patriots received 1 draft pick only because Belichick made a lateral move to NE after becoming HC of the Jets for 24 hours. If Belichick became NEs HC moving up from a NY coordinators position the Jets would have received nothing.

Secondly and most importantly, the Jets breached the contract when they allowed Parcells to stay on as GM. The deal was for Parcells to leave, go away, adios, goodbye, so Belichick could resume GM/HC duties like Parcells had with NY. Exactly like Belichick had in Cleveland. Buying the groceries and cooling the meal. Not half the job. In those days it was more common than today for 1 man to run the whole show.

Back to the so called stolen million dollars. Belichick was offered a HC position in the 98 off season and Hess gave him 1 million to stay because Parcells would be retiring soon. Parcells never retired so deal off.

Very strange that there was no lawsuit to recoup the 1 million dollars. Parcells knew of the bonus. Didnt Steve Gutman know of the bonus? Anybody else? If Belichick stole the money than why didnt the Jets go after it via lawsuit? They could have gotten back at Belichick by embarrassing him in court. Its a BS story thats why.

Does it matter who I am?

Also, nothing you said here disproves anything I said in the previous post.

I agree Parcells did the same exact thing which is why the Jets had to trade to have him coach. He was in breach of contract. I never said that didnt happen. I was commenting on your previous post where you were talking about a lawsuit by the Jets against Belichick. You were saying there were no grounds for a lawsuit. The reason they didnt resort to a lawsuit is because they found a way to resolve their issues via the trade to the Patriots for the first round. I also agree with you that Jets fan shouldnt cite the money given to Belichick because they got compensation for it.

Now take a step back from your computer and take two deep breaths.

Archived