Jets vs Raiders Official Game Thread 12/8/13 1PM EST

Smashmouth

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Solid win. Even though it was one of the most surefire wins remaining on the schedule, when you're as bad as we are and have been playing even worse, there's no such thing as a guaranteed win and I enjoyed it like any other win this year. Couple miscues on Geno's part, but you still have to be happy with him completing 64% of his passes and accounting for 2 tds and leading a couple other big drives.  That is 100% something that you can build on and try to go into the off-season with some momentum. Sure, there's things to complain about, but with as bad as we've been playing, I'm going to enjoy this win and hope we can see some improvement with Geno and our young guys going forward. 

**The interception towards Kerley not withstanding, his impact being on the field, combined with a full practice with Holmes and Winslow shows you what Geno and some of those young QBs can do with consistency and time in the pocket. I know a lot of people have written the book on him, but I like how he's responded to some adversity, like how he can throw the ball when set (even though some sailed high today) and feel good about his tools going forward, so long as he's able to build on this game. Have a couple good games against two very good defenses in cleveland and carolina, with a chance to then have revenge on miami, I'll be happy going into the off-season.

Wow only 22 pages for a gameday thread and a WIN to boot, that has to be a record of message board futility. IOW: No one really even cares anymore. This is a sure sign that Rex must go. When the team wins and the fan base gives a collective yawn/ho hum there must be change in the air

Wow only 22 pages for a gameday thread and a WIN to boot, that has to be a record of message board futility. IOW: No one really even cares anymore. This is a sure sign that Rex must go. When the team wins and the fan base gives a collective yawn/ho hum there must be change in the air

I have nowhere else to go

I have nowhere else to go.

I expected them to win at home against a terrible Raiders team who have even worse coaches. What was up with the rotating QBs in the first quarter?  

Anyway, I'm glad they won and glad Geno showed something today,  but this was one of those bad games between two bad teams.   The jets defense wasn't very good at all today.   And for the past month or so they haven't been that good. In fact they've been scorched at times.   For a team with a great rushing defense, they gave up over 120 yards rushing to a guy who had like 100 yards all season long.

Everything to me is about next season and where do they go from here.   This team just looks like they need to spend next season finding an entirely new team except for a few players.

it's global warming, not regional warming. it is laughable when people proclaim global warming bullsh*t because it snowed somewhere in december.

No longer called global warming. Al Gore and his hired scientists changed it to climate change when the results were challenged and couldnt support the hypothesis.

Archived