"Godzilla" revamp/remake/movie might be the greatest one ever made.

SenorGato

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Imma little bummed.  not rodan.  not anguirus. not baragon

they are "mutos" and the weird leg we saw is one of them.  if they turn this into starship troopers Im gonna kill someone

I know about the MUTOs thing but I figured that would just explain the revampmaginedernized versions of these monsters. 

I've seen a couple comments here and there about licensing or rights for the other Godzilla monsters not being acquired for the new film, so the people jawing about it have concluded that it won't be anyone we're familiar with. 

I say **** that sh*t.

• 3 weeks later...

The guy played the dad on Malcolm in the Middle (a very good 30 minute comedy) and then that Walter White guy everyone is always talking about. He's got fantastic range as an actor. Im not sure he can anchor a great movie but I do think he'll do well.

The guy played the dad on Malcolm in the Middle (a very good 30 minute comedy) and then that Walter White guy everyone is always talking about. He's got fantastic range as an actor. Im not sure he can anchor a great movie but I do think he'll do well.

Also played a dentist on Seinfeld.

• 2 weeks later...

I originally decided to hold off on watching any more trailers or commercials because I'm looking forward to this movie, but I couldn't help myself and gave the extended trailer that recently released a look. The one thing that has always separated Honda's original film from the subsequent franchise is that Honda constructed an extraordinarily clever and noir-ish political critique of nuclear capability, and by all accounts it looks like this version goes back to some of that. Really pleased with what I've seen so far.

http://th04.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/f/2011/126/c/e/mothra_concepts_by_ldn_rdnt-d3fpdmg.jpg

I wouldn't be against Mothra looking like this. I would be very glad if Mothra happened. I don't think we'll get Mothra anytime soon. 

our best hope is this flick makes a billion dollars, and they go all reboot release a movie every year like marvel on us and they release the rights to the whole family of monsters

muto's are just ho hum.

I originally decided to hold off on watching any more trailers or commercials because I'm looking forward to this movie, but I couldn't help myself and gave the extended trailer that recently released a look. The one thing that has always separated Honda's original film from the subsequent franchise is that Honda constructed an extraordinarily clever and noir-ish political critique of nuclear capability, and by all accounts it looks like this version goes back to some of that. Really pleased with what I've seen so far.

this one ?  it explains the plot very well.   soooooooo excited for this

this one ?  it explains the plot very well.   soooooooo excited for this

Yeah, really looks great. I know we're still a ways out but I think it's safe to say that at the very least Edwards nailed the look perfectly. Now it's just a matter of whether he got the pacing right.

Yeah, really looks great. I know we're still a ways out but I think it's safe to say that at the very least Edwards nailed the look perfectly. Now it's just a matter of whether he got the pacing right.

my sister, my cuz and I are planning on going to the imax theatre on the upper west side.  they advertise the screen as 60 feet tall.  only way to see the big guy in 3D they way I figure.   

my sister, my cuz and I are planning on going to the imax theatre on the upper west side.  they advertise the screen as 60 feet tall.  only way to see the big guy in 3D they way I figure.   

3D IMAX is the only way to see movies nowadays. Preferably while on drugs. I can't imagine watching movies like Gravity on a regular flat screen. Blech.

3D IMAX is the only way to see movies nowadays. Preferably while on drugs. I can't imagine watching movies like Gravity on a regular flat screen. Blech.

damn you random drug testing !!!  damn you to hell !!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone have their IMax tickets? Thinking it's the way to go with this movie. Pretty hyped. 

I'm planning on going to the loews in lincoln square in june.  probably won't be able to buy tickets for a week or so. 

Anyone have their IMax tickets? Thinking it's the way to go with this movie. Pretty hyped. 

I don't know how they do it elsewhere, but at the Navy Pier IMAX in Chicago you preselect your seats. It's really fantastic for blockbusters. No having to show up early or wait on line or stress about a decent seat. I'm anal about stuff like that in theaters, so it's really awesome.

I don't know how they do it elsewhere, but at the Navy Pier IMAX in Chicago you preselect your seats. It's really fantastic for blockbusters. No having to show up early or wait on line or stress about a decent seat. I'm anal about stuff like that in theaters, so it's really awesome.

That's dope. 

imax at lincoln square lets you choose your seat and has a 60 ft screen.

drooooooool

imax at lincoln square lets you choose your seat and has a 60 ft screen.

drooooooool

Yeah, so is Chicago's. I've really been spoiled by it. First time in my life I actually prefer to sit in the back row because it's so big. Gravity, Man of Steel, Cap 2...etc, in that theater they're all absurdly amazing. I'm hoping they do a big Star Wars marathon when Ep VII comes out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIR42vxqvLc

You can see the flying thing a couple times, including the beginnings of an in-city fight with Godilla? Anyway, this movie has tons and tons and tons and tons and tons of good vibes. It really does seem as if this will be the greatest revampmakimagining ever.

that's the last trailer I watch.  it's almost giving too much away now.  I wanna be surprised by some things

Yeah, so is Chicago's. I've really been spoiled by it. First time in my life I actually prefer to sit in the back row because it's so big. Gravity, Man of Steel, Cap 2...etc, in that theater they're all absurdly amazing. I'm hoping they do a big Star Wars marathon when Ep VII comes out.

I can't wait !!!! 

I've tried to do marathons at home, I still have yet to get to the 3rd movie in any series.   I may have to try a theater marathon

Sounds awesome, I didn't realize you lived out in Chicago. I've got clients out there right now, I think my trips back and forth are done, but it was good to get back out there.... I lived down in Indiana about 9 years ago and would head up there a lot for fun... because there really wasn't much fun in Indiana. LOL

Sounds awesome, I didn't realize you lived out in Chicago. I've got clients out there right now, I think my trips back and forth are done, but it was good to get back out there.... I lived down in Indiana about 9 years ago and would head up there a lot for fun... because there really wasn't much fun in Indiana. LOL

Been here for about 3 years. Hopefully not too much longer. I love this city to death but I don't have anymore winters in me after this last one.

Been here for about 3 years. Hopefully not too much longer. I love this city to death but I don't have anymore winters in me after this last one.

I'm feeling that way about living in Boston right now. As far as I'm concerned we went from Autumn to Winter and back to Autumn this month. It's miserable.

Archived