"Godzilla" revamp/remake/movie might be the greatest one ever made.

SenorGato

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ape winter

SKINNER

Well, I was wrong. The lizards are a godsend.

LISA

But isn't that a bit short-sighted? What happens when we're overrun by lizards?

SKINNER

No problem. We simply unleash wave after wave of Chinese needle snakes. They'll wipe out the lizards.

LISA

But aren't the snakes even worse?

SKINNER

Yes, but we're prepared for that. We've lined up a fabulous type of gorilla that thrives on snake meat.

LISA

But then we're stuck with gorillas!

SKINNER

No, that's the beautiful part. When wintertime rolls around, the gorillas simply freeze to death.

I don't think I've ever watched a Godzilla movie. This looks amazing. Might actually go to theatre which I never do. Last 3 movies I've seen in at the theatre, Batman 2 and 3, Man of Steel. Haha

Got you beat. The last two movies i saw in a theater were Wall-E and The Hangover. 

Been here for about 3 years. Hopefully not too much longer. I love this city to death but I don't have anymore winters in me after this last one.

they still have that bar where they cut your tie off if you won't take it off and make your wear paper hats with hilarious insults on them ?  I have foggy memories of having a blast there. 

I went to buddy guys' and was standing next to him for 5 minutes before I realized who he was, lol

they still have that bar where they cut your tie off if you won't take it off and make your wear paper hats with hilarious insults on them ?  I have foggy memories of having a blast there. 

I went to buddy guys' and was standing next to him for 5 minutes before I realized who he was, lol

It's a really great city. When it's nice out it's better than New York, in my humble opinion. The problem is that's less than half the year, and it's really tough when the other half of your year just sucks to death. We spent two months below -10 here this past winter, it becomes a stressful thing to deal with after a while.

Sounds like Dicks Last Resort.

It's a really great city. When it's nice out it's better than New York, in my humble opinion. The problem is that's less than half the year, and it's really tough when the other half of your year just sucks to death. We spent two months below -10 here this past winter, it becomes a stressful thing to deal with after a while.

the river is really cool.  I was there for 5 days for a convention, and what I can remember was awesome.  the midwest got hammered last winter.  the lake doesn't help

Godzilla is referred to as an alpha predator by Watanabe's character in a clip I only regret a little bit for watching. I won't link anything because there is a tipping point with this stuff and I think that clip kind of gives away some of the 2nd or 3rd act's vibe.

Godzilla is referred to as an alpha predator by Watanabe's character in a clip I only regret a little bit for watching. I won't link anything because there is a tipping point with this stuff and I think that clip kind of gives away some of the 2nd or 3rd act's vibe.

My rule is two trailers and I'm good. Anything past that and you're too familiar with what you're going to see. Ruins the surprise and it also interrupts the suspension of disbelief due to recognition.

My rule is two trailers and I'm good. Anything past that and you're too familiar with what you're going to see. Ruins the surprise and it also interrupts the suspension of disbelief due to recognition.

It felt like I walked into the theater mid-movie. I hope it doesn't throw me off when I go see the movie.

Early reviews are very positive.

the river is really cool. I was there for 5 days for a convention, and what I can remember was awesome. the midwest got hammered last winter. the lake doesn't help

I just don't think I can handle a lifetime of living somewhere where the air hurts my face and I feel it in my bones. Kudos to those who can, but it's too miserable for my taste.

• 2 weeks later...

Horrendously slow 1st and 2nd acts that are saved by an incredibly ******* awesome 3rd act. Over the first 1 and 1/2 hours you get about five minutes of Godzilla total. It's a little ridiculous and painstakingly boring. I almost dozed off a few times. Not cool. It's clogged with way, way, WAY too much Aaron Taylor Johnson for that entire time. The dude just can't act for sh*t and who gives a **** anyways about his sh*tty cliche character.

That said the last 30 are t!ts. It's worth it for that. Definitely see in IMAX if possible. And this movie deserves an Oscar nod for best sound.

Overall solid B. Appreciated the serious tone and fight scenes were fun. The crowd at my Imax was a little too into it though which detracted from it a bit. 30 year old men clapping and saying YEAH when godzilla was kicking ass was a bit much.

Effects and fights were pretty damn cool though.

Not surprising that Pac would complain about other people enjoying something.

It was a manical laugh accompanied with applause and screaming yeah.. he was the loudest thing in the theater during one shot in particular.

Wow, Edwards can direct a movie. That was really well done. The MUTO were better Godzilla opponents than I thought. The marketing for this movie seems more impressive after the movie for some reason. Everything about the whole project seemed to be on point...

A couple of easter eggs, at least a couple maybe. I really wish I could review the game tape. I will probably see it twice. 

It was a manical laugh accompanied with applause and screaming yeah.. he was the loudest thing in the theater during one shot in particular.

Oh god, "It's cool! It's a fun movie so that means it's totally ok to clap and talk a lot! Trust me I'm just adding to the movie and people love it!"

Hate those guys. Don't ******* talk and put your phone away. How hard is it to go watch a movie?

It's clogged with way, way, WAY too much Aaron Taylor Johnson for that entire time. The dude just can't act for sh*t and who gives a **** anyways about his sh*tty cliche character.

Totally agree with this.  Dude was incredibly annoying.  Something about his feminine-sounding JiF voice.  They should have done away with him entirely and just let Bryan Cranston be the main guy throughout. 

I wasn't blown away with the movie, even the final 30 minutes. 

Totally agree with this.  Dude was incredibly annoying.  Something about his feminine-sounding JiF voice.  They should have done away with him entirely and just let Bryan Cranston be the main guy throughout. 

I wasn't blown away with the movie, even the final 30 minutes. 

"Gareth, this concept art looks incredible, but you know what this movie needs? A second-tier actor who takes up 90% of the movie with a man-trying-to-get-back-to-family storyline."

"Gareth, this concept art looks incredible, but you know what this movie needs? A second-tier actor who takes up 90% of the movie with a man-trying-to-get-back-to-family storyline."

Second Tier seems generous.  Has he been in anything before?  Wasn't JiF available to play that role?

Second Tier seems generous.  Has he been in anything before?  Wasn't JiF available to play that role?

Kick-Ass. Which is actually quite good (sequel sucked though), but that has far more to do it being a unique adaption of a very popular comic book. Johnson actually works in it because the lead is supposed to be an awkward geeky dude.

Wow, Edwards can direct a movie. That was really well done. The MUTO were better Godzilla opponents than I thought. The marketing for this movie seems more impressive after the movie for some reason. Everything about the whole project seemed to be on point...

A couple of easter eggs, at least a couple maybe. I really wish I could review the game tape. I will probably see it twice. 

I'm sure an version edited to 7 minutes will be on youtube soon enough. 

Archived