Stephen Hill Could Miss Final 3 Games

flgreen

Jets WR Stephen Hill Could Miss Final 3 Games

Rex Doesn't Rule Out Possibility After Ailing Receiver Sits Out Practice

December 12, 2013 9:58 AM

FLORHAM PARK, N.J. (CBSNewYork/AP) — New York Jets cornerback Antonio Cromartie and wide receiver Stephen Hill didn’t practice, and both might not play Sunday at Carolina.

Cromartie suffered a concussion during the 37-27 win over Oakland last Sunday, but finished the game. He complained of headaches after the game and coach Rex Ryan says Wednesday that Cromartie is still going through the NFL’s mandatory protocol on head injuries.

Hill, dealing with a sore knee for several weeks, sat out against the Raiders after it swelled up a bit.

“He was practicing,” Ryan said. “He’s gutting it out. He’s tough. He’ll do those things. But how much that’s helped him, obviously it hasn’t helped him a whole lot. We’re just trying to get him back to where he can really run and burst out of cuts and things like that.”

Ryan wouldn’t rule out the possibility that Hill could miss the last three games.

“I don’t know. We’ll see,” he said. “Obviously, we’d like to get him out here if he can play and can be effective. That would be the best thing for us, the best scenario for us.”

Tight end Kellen Winslow Jr. also sat out practice, getting his regularly scheduled rest day.

Wide receiver Santonio Holmes (foot, hamstring) and linebacker Garrett McIntyre (knee) were limited.

Round 3 pick 76 San Diego Chargers Keenan Allen.

Different draft, and no doubt I wish the Jets drafted K Allen over Winters in the 3rd!

If it was me the Jets re-draft would look like this

1st round

#9 Sheldon Richardson, got this right

#13 Kenny Vaccaro, or Eric Reid no matter to me either would make me happy

2nd round

#39 Kiko Alonso

3rd round

#72 Keenan Allen

4th round (I don't trade for Ivory)

#106 David Bakhtiari OT

5th round

#141 Zac Stacy

6th round

#187 Andre Ellington

7th round

#215 Marcus Cooper CB

Hill is on the I.R.  What a waste of a pick he has been.  Hopefully he can bounce back and step up next year.  I am not very optimistic though.

3rd year WR. If he's going to be something, it would be next year that I expect to see it.

Archived