• Replies 739
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so who do we want in Miami / NE ? 

I hate both teams

I don't want Miami getting the WC

I don't want NE getting the #1 seed

hmmmmmm

Honestly, I wouldnt mind seeing NE making it to the show and getting beat down in NJ.

It would be like watching them slowly morph into the 21st century version of the Bills or Vikings.

Wish list for today:

1. An assertive Geno throwing with confidence. I'm skeptical of him as our long term solution but he still has three games to show us what he's got. I was most impressed with him early in the year when he threw with authority. I'd like to see that again.

2. Marty dictate with creative scheming versus playing conservative. We're at our best when Marty's aggressive and not playing scared.

3. No big plays on D. Play sound, professional hard nosed smart defense. Give up field goals, not TD's. that'll keep us in the game.

4. With TO battle.

We do those things it'll be an enjoyable 3-hours

As much sh*t as Shanahn was catching, starting Cousins against the porous Atlanta defense probably wasn't a bad idea. What better way to build up his value than to play him against one of the worst passing defenses I've seen in a while. Kid could really net them some big picks if he keeps that up.

As much sh*t as Shanahn was catching, starting Cousins against the porous Atlanta defense probably wasn't a bad idea. What better way to build up his value than to play him against one of the worst passing defenses I've seen in a while. Kid could really net them some big picks if he keeps that up.

He did this to shame Snyder over RGIII. It's crazy to use the franchise QB as a pawn in a dick-measuring contest, but here they are. Shanahan with QBs is like Larry Brown with point guards--he's never happy with the one he's got.

He did this to shame Snyder over RGIII. It's crazy to use the franchise QB as a pawn in a dick-measuring contest, but here they are. Shanahan with QBs is like Larry Brown with point guards--he's never happy with the one he's got.

Oh, it was clearly to force Snyder's hand to be fired, but it's a move that he can rationalize for the following reasons: make sure RG III is healthy, a bit bogus, but believable and to garner trade interest for Cousins as they're losing their top 5 pick to the Rams this year and will need some picks to restock their offense. Could you imagine the sh*t-storm around here if we traded multiple first and second picks for RG III and then loset out on a top 5 overall selection because of our 3 win season? Yikes.

Oh, it was clearly to force Snyder's hand to be fired, but it's a move that he can rationalize for the following reasons: make sure RG III is healthy, a bit bogus, but believable and to garner trade interest for Cousins as they're losing their top 5 pick to the Rams this year and will need some picks to restock their offense. Could you imagine the sh*t-storm around here if we traded multiple first and second picks for RG III and then loset out on a top 5 overall selection because of our 3 win season? Yikes.

I honestly don't think Shanahan has any intention of being in Washington next year. He's just doing this to burn the bridge entirely with Snyder.he could care less about recouping picks. It's about Shanahan trying to show the world that if he got his way, and wasn't stuck trying to run the read option, the Skins would be awesome.

I honestly don't think Shanahan has any intention of being in Washington next year. He's just doing this to burn the bridge entirely with Snyder.he could care less about recouping picks. It's about Shanahan trying to show the world that if he got his way, and wasn't stuck trying to run the read option, the Skins would be awesome.

I agree. I 100% believe he wants to get fired, but the moves he's making now have to be calculated ones so that Snyder can't pull an Al Davis and fire him "for cause."  By Cousins playing well against Atlanta and going into the off-season with a head of steam, Shanahan can sit in his desk and look like a genius, all the while knowing how much he pissed off his owner by benching the face of their franchise. He'll get sh*t-canned, but will still be picking up that paycheck. 

I agree. I 100% believe he wants to get fired, but the moves he's making now have to be calculated ones so that Snyder can't pull an Al Davis and fire him "for cause." By Cousins playing well against Atlanta and going into the off-season with a head of steam, Shanahan can sit in his desk and look like a genius, all the while knowing how much he pissed off his owner by benching the face of their franchise. He'll get sh*t-canned, but will still be picking up that paycheck.

Word. Snyder should scratch the check tomorrow and send Shanahan on his way. This is embarrassing, despite how well Cousins plays.

Archived