Geno is not the guy

MexiRoll6

Well it's back to the drawing board for a starting QB for the Jets I guess. Smith looks completely incompetent when the game is on the line. Then, when the other team has built it's lead he makes good on completely misleading stats and drives the team. When the game is up for grabs he screws it all up. He has NO feel in the pocket and STILL stares down his target. He looks like the second coming of Browning Nagle to me. Next.....

For every reason he slid to the 2nd round is exactly why he has struggled at this level. Not only that but his flaws have been exacerbated by being forced to start from day 1 when everyone could see he wasn't ready. No other choice when Sanchez got hurt though. He could have used a few seasons holding a clip board, but wasn't afforded that luxury. But no, he's not the franchise QB the Jets have longed for. Not by a long shot

Have you noticed that the times when he starts to struggle is every single time we get stuck behind the 8 ball and he tries to make a play? His errant throws and staring down receivers started to come after he was obliterated on about four or five drop backs. As a QB, when you think you're going to get destroyed if you hold onto the ball too long, yea, you do tend to lock in on a target. 

It also doesn't help that his first two drives against one of the best defenses in the league were stalled by a terrible drop on a guaranteed first and then another one on your OG to negate a 2nd and short.  He has a lot of faults, but I think he has the talent to develop. 

Well it's back to the drawing board for a starting QB for the Jets I guess. Smith looks completely incompetent when the game is on the line. Then, when the other team has built it's lead he makes good on completely misleading stats and drives the team. When the game is up for grabs he screws it all up. He has NO feel in the pocket and STILL stares down his target. He looks like the second coming of Browning Nagle to me. Next.....

You make me miss Section 333. A lot.

OK, the Jets got alittle help today.St Louis won, Buffalo won, and Minnesota.  St Lousi who doesnt need a QB also has Washingtons pick, and Atlanta who are ahead of us, also wont be shopping for a QB.

So right now, the Following teams are ahead of us (that Oakland win was a killer):

NY GIANTS ( are they tanking or what? They just plain quit today, Bums want a high pick)

Minnesota ( 4 wins, no chance for the Jets to "catch" them)

Tampa Bay (see above)

Buffalo ( late run could put them behind Jets)

Atlanta( Dont need a QB)

Pittsburgh (gotta win tomorrow night vs Baltimore)

Cleveland ( Jets vs Cleveland big for draft status)

Jacksonville (showed life , now hopeless)

Houston (top 3 pick)

Oakland (win by Jets was a killer)

Tennessee (outside chance to catch Jets)

Washington (pick to St Louis so tarde possibility for Jets)

St Louis (won today and wont need QB)

OK, Thats 12 teams (st Louis is 6-8), with worse records than the Jets, St Louis owns Washingtons pick and they dont need a QB, so they are possible trade partners, as are Atlanta. Piitsburgh if they win tomorrow night would also be 6-8, so really thats 9 teams we have to worry about that need Qbs. Acouple more losses by the Jets and a couple key wins could possibly get the Jets to the 6-8 range, and then to trade up to move one or two spots to get the right guy could be possible, especially if its a team that doesnt need a QB. The Jets Cleveland game next week is huge for draft status.

OK, go ahead, bash me for looking toward the draft already, but be honest if you bash me and tell me that you have no thoughts on the draft at this time. If thats true, then bash away.

Just go back and watch the play immediately after he missed a wide-open Saalim. They rushed 5, the pocket collapsed in two seconds and they had Nelson, Holmes and Kerley blanketed. Geno climbed the ladder in the pocket in order to buy some time and kept his eyes down field: Kerley was his primary target who ran his dig and out route and then Geno looked off the linebacker and that allow Cumerland to be open on his drag route. Geno got absolutely demolished on that play by Hardy and yet still made the big completion to Cumberland that went for 35 yards and setup the touchdown. All the while, doing all of the things you say he can't do. He clearly can, it's just that right now we are not a good football team. The only way we can win games is if we are playing with the lead or are within one score. When you force Geno and our offense to make plays and press the issue, that's when bad things happen, every time.

Rex needs more time to work with him you clown. He's obviously improving. Idz-suck hasen't given him anything to work with and if it wasn't for HoF level coaching by Rex we probably win 1 game so far. Go crawl back under your rock bozo

what the hell are basing saying he's obviously improving? He played his best football in September!

OK, the Jets got alittle help today.St Louis won, Buffalo won, and Minnesota.  St Lousi who doesnt need a QB also has Washingtons pick, and Atlanta who are ahead of us, also wont be shopping for a QB.

So right now, the Following teams are ahead of us (that Oakland win was a killer):

NY GIANTS ( are they tanking or what? They just plain quit today, Bums want a high pick)

Tampa Bay (see above)

Atlanta( Dont need a QB)

Houston (top 3 pick)

OK, Thats 12 teams (st Louis is 6-8), with worse records than the Jets, St Louis owns Washingtons pick and they dont need a QB, so they are possible trade partners, as are Atlanta. Piitsburgh if they win tomorrow night would also be 6-8, so really thats 9 teams we have to worry about that need Qbs. Acouple more losses by the Jets and a couple key wins could possibly get the Jets to the 6-8 range, and then to trade up to move one or two spots to get the right guy could be possible, especially if its a team that doesnt need a QB. The Jets Cleveland game next week is huge for draft status.

OK, go ahead, bash me for looking toward the draft already, but be honest if you bash me and tell me that you have no thoughts on the draft at this time. If thats true, then bash away.

I see us winning one more game and getting to the 7-9 record that I know myself and a lot of people predicted. We're going to again be in the middle of the pack and while it may miss out on Sammy Watkins, there should be some good offensive players to be had.

I like Geno, was pretty happy with him early but man this has been bad.  He has been Sanchez-like on the accuracy lately.  Rookie mistakes happen but Sanchez never seemed to hit a receiver perfectly in stride.  Geno is doing the same thing, the receivers have to jump to catch a lot of passes.

The best ball that Geno threw today hit Holmes in the hands and he dropped it.

But was really hoping to see more than just small signs of life from Geno at this point.  He seems to have more blind spots than Wesley Walker.  A corner blitz is his kryptonite.  

I like Geno, was pretty happy with him early but man this has been bad.  He has been Sanchez-like on the accuracy lately.  Rookie mistakes happen but Sanchez never seemed to hit a receiver perfectly in stride.  Geno is doing the same thing, the receivers have to jump to catch a lot of passes.

But was really hoping to see more than just small signs of life from Geno at this point.  He seems to have more blind spots than Wesley Walker.  A corner blitz is his kryptonite.

While I agree on Sanchez never throwing to the receiver in stride, I don't think his accuracy was as wildy erratic as Geno's. they guy misses WIDE open receivers by 4 yards regularly.

I like Geno, was pretty happy with him early but man this has been bad. He has been Sanchez-like on the accuracy lately. Rookie mistakes happen but Sanchez never seemed to hit a receiver perfectly in stride. Geno is doing the same thing, the receivers have to jump to catch a lot of passes.

But was really hoping to see more than just small signs of life from Geno at this point. He seems to have more blind spots than Wesley Walker. A corner blitz is his kryptonite.

You don't know WTF you're taking about son. Geno has the "it" factor. He just needs a little more time to be properly groomed in Rex's offense. The addition of Sheldon Richardson to the backfield could pay huge dividends

You don't know WTF you're taking about son. Geno has the "it" factor. He just needs a little more time to be properly groomed in Rex's offense. The addition of Sheldon Richardson to the backfield could pay huge dividends

Well I will listen to Mad Dog Russo tomorrow.  And if he tells me that Geno can come back next year and be "loosey goosey" than I will be a believer.

While I agree on Sanchez never throwing to the receiver in stride, I don't think his accuracy was as wildy erratic as Geno's. they guy misses WIDE open receivers by 4 yards regularly.

Right now, I have to agree with you.  Sanchez seemed to be off by 1 foot on every throw.  Geno is either spot on or off by 5.  Tough to deal with.

I don't care who you're talking to. You're spouting pure nonsense. What can you base saying he's improving on? Because the facts don't support it.

I played a season of 3rd division pro basketball in Latvia, I know a little more than most about what it takes to be a winner and I see it in Geno. Where did you play pro sports? I got the eye of mutha ****in Sauron when it comes to this sh*t

Tampa Bay (see above)

Atlanta( Dont need a QB)

Houston (top 3 pick)

My Apologies, Pittsburgh is palying tonight,not tommorrow vs Baltimore and are CLOBBERING Cincy. Good news as they go to 6-8 with a win.

St Louis not needing a QB is by no means a sure thing. I don't think they are totally sold on Bradford. He is inconsistent and injury prone, so the Rams may indeed be in the QB market. They will have two high first round picks with the Skins possible number one. Too bad there really isn't a sure fire QB to be had.

Oh yeah. YOU'RE the guy who likes Rex, SayNoToDMC, I forgot. Sorry man, Rex won't be working with ANYBODY on the Jets next year, including Geno Smith, who may have benefitted from a year of clipboard holding but it didn't work out that way. And neither did he. He looked a bit like Sanchez with most of his passes BEHIND the intended target. I'm sorry, I just don't see him taking his game to a very much higher level that what he has shown.

Archived