Should Rex Be The HC Next Year?

Maxman

Do you think that Rex Ryan should be the head coach of the Jets next season?  

115 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think that Rex Ryan should be the head coach of the Jets next season?

Yeah, what the hell. Let him screw this organization TOTALLY into the ground. Let's see, he's on his THIRD OC, second special teams coach, second DC and the team is LOSING more than it wins. You Rex lovers are out of your freakin minds. No problem there right. Maybe - in your minds - if you give him enough chances he will eventually get it right...is that it? But WHEN IS EVENTUALLY going to get here. Next year? The next...the one AFTER that? Just how many chances do you give a guy who is so obviously clueless as HOW to build a TEAM. His defense is not very good even WITH first round picks all over the place. Sh*t, this guy can't even get the DEFENSE right any longer. Make him freakin HC for LIFE, and maybe in 10 years he'll have it finally, ALMOST figured out. With his 11th OC and ninth special team and fifth DC.......

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we're just going to dump him for the latest hot name coordinator, no thanks. Been there, done that. And the results have not been pretty.

I'd prefer a replacement who has been a head coach (college or pro) before.

This is pretty much where I'm at. If they feel the need to replace him, I want an established, successful head coach. If they get one from the college ranks, fine. Just really disinterested in another alleged up & comer.

With adequate quarterback play, Mangini=Belichick

Mangini went 4-12 with Pennington and Clemens at QB, Rex would be comfortably in the playoffs with that sorry combination.

Wow, I saw requirements for a coach be respect, gratitude and humility? This sounds like traits I would want in my daughters boyfriend, but a HEAD COACH in the NFL? Hmmm, what about

1. Player assesment and development

2. Assistant Coach assesments

3. Game management, Clock Management, TO management, and challenges

4. IN game adjustments

5. Schemes on BOTH sides of the ball

6. Tough and knowing when to Discipline

7. Discipline as it relates to Penalties

8. Honesty about the players, especially in pressers

All these are highly neccessary to be a successful head coach, and besides PARCELLS (  who I thought was the best game manager and talent evaluator, and able to get the nost out of a player I have ever seen), rarely do you find coaches accomplished in all these, and our current head coach in my opinion is good at half of #5, and thats about it. In a word Dreadful.

SayNoToDMC, I sincerely hope your post on Respect, Humility and Gratitude is sarcastic in nature, otherwise there is only one word for you.....insanity. I would look at joewillie78's post where he talks about what is REALLY important in HC  and learn from that because unless you are a closet Patriots fan I cannot take your posts seriously, you are delusional and will be quite disappointed when Rex is fired which will be in two weeks. bitonti, I think you need to take down your Tom Brady fathead and become a Jets fan since you wear a green visor, although I know your man crush is impossible to ignore, your posts on why Rex is good are insulting.

one thing this organization has always lacked is continuity among the coaching staff. YES he's made a ton of questionable decisions and hasn't shown us that he really is the one behind the decisions. It feels like Rex is being pulled by someone in the background. With that said for continuity sake you have to give him another year with morningweg. But IMO as long as Geno is qb Rex is destined to fail.

Yeah, what the hell. Let him screw this organization TOTALLY into the ground. Let's see, he's on his THIRD OC, second special teams coach, second DC and the team is LOSING more than it wins. You Rex lovers are out of your freakin minds. No problem there right. Maybe - in your minds - if you give him enough chances he will eventually get it right...is that it? But WHEN IS EVENTUALLY going to get here. Next year? The next...the one AFTER that? Just how many chances do you give a guy who is so obviously clueless as HOW to build a TEAM. His defense is not very good even WITH first round picks all over the place. Sh*t, this guy can't even get the DEFENSE right any longer. Make him freakin HC for LIFE, and maybe in 10 years he'll have it finally, ALMOST figured out. With his 11th OC and ninth special team and fifth DC.......

You're a clown dude.

Jets Pro's

1. Rex

2. Run Defense

Con's

1. Idzik

2. Everyone else

Get a clue

This is pretty much where I'm at. If they feel the need to replace him, I want an established, successful head coach. If they get one from the college ranks, fine. Just really disinterested in another alleged up & comer.

Mangini went 4-12 with Pennington and Clemens at QB, Rex would be comfortably in the playoffs with that sorry combination.

Mark Sanchez, in the playoffs, completes 61% of his passes, for 9 TDs, 3 TDs, and a 93 QB rating. So, Rex has had a decent QB when it counted.

I have been a die hard Jets fan since 1978.

If Rex is extended, I am done with this franchise. I only said this one other time in all those years, that was in 96 I said if Kotite was not fired at the end of the year I am done with this team.

If they want to let Rex play out his last year of his contract and sit in the bathtub water filled with the dump he took in it, I will be disappointed but I can live with it.

Extend him and I am flat out done with this franchise.

Come to think of it, I almost hope they do, It would be nice not to care about this God awful franchise anymore and this ass clown owner that we have.

Now I REALLY want Rex extended. 

SayNoToDMC is the clown here. Closet Pats fan says Rex is his own best attribute. Says HUMILITY is an ASSET of Rex even though the blowhard goes into a magazine interview PRIOR to this season and touts himself as a "great coach." Real humble that Rex. Respect was another issue you touted - which one of the 31 OTHER HC's in the league asked for your invaluable opinion and told you how much they respect Rex. You said players "chomp at the bit" to play for Rex. If you mean over the hill former Ravens, you would be correct-amundo, but I don't see FA's from other teams leaving their team because they can't wait to play for Rex Ryan. You sir are a dolt of major magnitude, and I think you REALLY have a Tom Brady fat head with lipstick of YOUR shade on strategic parts of it. Mostly BELOW the belt.

I voted yes, he's under contract for one more year and I would like this team to have some stability with a guy I think is a pretty good coach.  He may even earn an extension.

Those who voted no, as in he should be fired, ask yourself what any other current head coach in the league accomplishes with this team this year.  Rex had this team playing so far above its head that guys were dreaming about playoffs a couple of weeks ago when we should have been dreaming about a the #1 overall pick.  I don't think Belicheck gets 4 wins out of this team and he is the supposed benchmark of genius coaches.  Brady (+refs) has bailed them out of like 4 losses yet Belicheck is the genius behind that team.   Garbage. 

This franchise just keeps going around in circles and never takes a step forward so they will probably fire Rex and hire the next hot coordinator and we'll be having this same boring thread in 3-5 years. 

The Jets were NOT playing "so far over their heads" They should have lost to TB in the opener, got blasted by BOTH Cincy AND Pittsburgh BEFORE the bye. The Jets pulled their usual upset wins (NE and NO) but then were roasted by Miami AT HOME, and after Rex called it "the most important game of the year." Over the past two seasons the Jets have been beaten by more than 14 points 10 TIMES. Talk all you want about the 'lack of talent'. Rex is the one that sent it away. You guys give this man FAR TOO MUCH CREDIT, and not nearly enough BLAME. Let me ask you? Are you happy with the Jets? Rex apparently is the ONLY guy in the entire world that would have the Jets where they are. And where are they? 6-8 on their way to 6-10.

The Jets were NOT playing "so far over their heads" They should have lost to TB in the opener, got blasted by BOTH Cincy AND Pittsburgh BEFORE the bye. The Jets pulled their usual upset wins (NE and NO) but then were roasted by Miami AT HOME, and after Rex called it "the most important game of the year." Over the past two seasons the Jets have been beaten by more than 14 points 10 TIMES. Talk all you want about the 'lack of talent'. Rex is the one that sent it away. You guys give this man FAR TOO MUCH CREDIT, and not nearly enough BLAME. Let me ask you? Are you happy with the Jets? Rex apparently is the ONLY guy in the entire world that would have the Jets where they are. And where are they? 6-8 on their way to 6-10.

Just out of curiosity, What is Rex's record over the past 3 years (including this year) fo games in November and December, when teams are supposed to be playing their best getting ready for a playoff run.

Does anyone have that information?

And to those of you who hang your hat on the run defense, I have a newsflash for you. IT'S A PASSING LEAGUE. Stopping the run is NOT the priority it once was. Not when teams pass the ball 65 percent of the time. One of the reasons the Jets are so good at stoping the un is they have way oversized LB's (really d-linemen) posing as LB's and can't get more than five yards from the line of scrimmage (Pace, Coples) so it's no wonder they stop the run. Rex is a bigger One Trick Pony that I will EVER be. One difference is that I will be posting here next year, but it WON'T be about Rex who will be fired - hopefully tossed out of the Jets plane - on the way back from Miami.

joewillie78. In November 2009 Jets were 1-3, December 4-1 (including wins over Indy without Manning and a gift from Cincy). In 2010 Jets were 4-0 in November, 1-3 in December and 1-0 in January. In 2011 the Jets were 2-2 in November, 2-2 in December and 0-1 in Jan. In 2012 Jets were 1-2 in November 2-3 in December. This year the Jets are 1-3 in November and 1-2 so far in December. For a grand total of 9-10 in November, 10-12 in Dec. and 0-2 in AFC Championship games, which as so far in the past they aren't even worth mentioning anymore.

joewillie78. In November 2009 Jets were 1-3, December 4-1 (including wins over Indy without Manning and a gift from Cincy). In 2010 Jets were 4-0 in November, 1-3 in December and 1-0 in January. In 2011 the Jets were 2-2 in November, 2-2 in December and 0-1 in Jan. In 2012 Jets were 1-2 in November 2-3 in December. This year the Jets are 1-3 in November and 1-2 so far in December. For a grand total of 9-10 in November, 10-12 in Dec. and 0-2 in AFC Championship games, which as so far in the past they aren't even worth mentioning anymore.

Thank you, I should have known, Mediocre as usual.

Voted no. The defense takes their right criticism now, but they'd probably be doing well enough if we could score points. And like I said in a post the other day, Rex has been toying around with his offensive philosophy since he got here, and it's about time we had someone running the ship who cared about scoring points. Defense wins championships.......when they're holding down a lead.

Looking at the voting as it is progressing, we basically see a 50/50 split ( a bit for no, but probably not statistically significant), so I'm sure both Idzik and Woody have a feel for the pulse of the fanbase (if that even matters), and at this point, it appears that no matter what they do, roughly about half the fanbase will be upset.

However, which are the loudest or most boistrous? I would say that the group that always wants the coach fired is normally the loudest.

Comments?

Archived