Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Rex Ryan Is Getting Fired (Speculation Thread)

Will Rex Ryan return as the Head Coach of the NY Jets after this season?   26 votes

1. 1. Will Rex Ryan return as the Head Coach of the NY Jets after this season?

• Yes
    • No

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

655 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Per ESPN Radio:

Also said Idzik was pissed that Sanchez was lost for the season because of the stupid Snoopy Bowl decision (Sorry "competition" camp). Also said Idzik is faulting Rex for offensive personnel decisions that had some cause of the decline on offense.

Posted (edited) · Report post

I can believe Rex is getting fired but if Snoopy bowl is the reason we are in big trouble with Idzik in charge.  Everyone knows Idzik wanted to start Geno. That's the whole reason why Geno started preseason game 3 even though he didn't earn it. 

Edited by bitonti

Posted · Report post

Rex will be let go because of his complete resume- not based on one factor or decision - 

Posted · Report post

I can believe Rex is getting fired but if Snoopy bowl is the reason we are in big trouble with Idzik in charge.  Everyone knows Idzik wanted to start Geno. That's the whole reason why Geno started preseason game 3 even though he didn't earn it. 

Got to disagree Bit.  I Like Rex, but said at the time that if it was Rex who was fully responsible for putting Sanchez back in that game at that point, he deserved to be canned.

The season was lost at that moment.   Don't like Sanchez, and am glad he's gone, but he's much better then Smith

Posted · Report post

Snoopy bowl decision was just one of the very dumb decisions made by a fool.

It will be a sad day when the Jets lose him. Big mistake.

Edited by JiF

Posted · Report post

It will a sad day when the Jets lose him. Big mistake.

It was a sad day when Rex lost the Jets.

See: Game vs Pittsburgh Steelers, AFCCG

Posted · Report post

Got to disagree Bit.  I Like Rex, but said at the time that if it was Rex who was fully responsible for putting Sanchez back in that game at that point, he deserved to be canned.

The season was lost at that moment.   Don't like Sanchez, and am glad he's gone, but he's much better then Smith

So it is only competition for Geno?  They only play with the ones?  Simms was supposed to get all the reps with the twos AND threes?  Makes perfect sense.  If only Mark Sanchez weren't such a valuable commodity that we could not risk getting him injured.  I'm sure that Idzik would have preferred starting Sanchez.

I wonder what "offensive personnel decisions they are referring to. They haven't cut anybody of any value whatsoever.  The lack of talent is obvious, but it was known at the start of camp.  Maybe which TE they used?  The use of the WRs that were hurt and lagging?  Winters is probably the main guy starting that is below JAG level and you'd think that would be on Idzik. 

Posted · Report post

Clayton is usually wrong fwiw.

But 5 years is a long time. The team stinks...we're not losing Vince Lombardi.

Only three things can happen in any situation -- results decline; stay the same; or improve.  And two of the three are unacceptable in the case of the Jets. The trend line during Rex's tenure is pretty clear.  The quality of the product on the field stinks and, ultimately, that is on his head.

Whether this gets him the axe, who knows with this dysfunctional organization.  Based on five years of results, he deserves to be fired.

Edited by Il Mostro

Posted · Report post

These guys happen to find stuff out. Don't know how, but I wouldn't discount it.

Posted · Report post

Sanchez got mad at Idzik when he got hurt, not Rex.  I think Idzik is making sure to tie that to Rex before turning the page.

Posted · Report post

Sanchez got mad at Idzik when he got hurt, not Rex.  I think Idzik is making sure to tie that to Rex before turning the page.

the whole thing reads like an obvious lie. for idzik to be really mad about sanchez' injury? cmon. no one really believes that

Posted · Report post

the whole thing reads like an obvious lie. for idzik to be really mad about sanchez' injury? cmon. no one really believes that

So you think the source is trolling Clayton

Rex will be let go because of his complete resume- not based on one factor or decision - 

This.

Rex                     Herm

Years coached                              5                            5

Winning Seasons                         2                            3

Divisional Titles                            0                            1

Playoff Appearances                    2                            3

Playoff Games                               6                            5

Playoff Wins                                   4                            2

Super Bowls Promised               2                            0

BTW ... Baltimore has won a Super Bowl since he left. 

Rex is overrated.

Edited by JoeWillie

people talk about how firing Rex will bring hope

remember when replacing Schotty with Sparano brought hope? 

Edited by bitonti

Posted · Report post

No.

Posted · Report post

No, because most of us wanted Rex fired after the season before he had another great hire in Sparano.

Nope, HOPE starts December 30th, 2013. Until then, nothing but despair.

Posted · Report post

LOL

Not to me.  I live in South Florida and know how well Sparano handled the Fish.  I was very sad to see him get fired, then beside myself when the Jets hired him

Posted · Report post

No, because most of us wanted Rex fired after the season before he had another great hire in Sparano. 

so... you wanted Rex fired after his first losing season. tough crowd.

Nope, HOPE starts December 30th, 2013. Until then, nothing but despair.

No, that's not true.  Even now after this disastrous season  Jets fans are closely split on if Rex should stay or not.    See the poll thread.   35-30

Edited by flgreen

I'd be more inclined to buy this if Clayton wasn't the only one saying it. Almost everyone else thinks that Rex had overachieved and the Jets will keep him. Unless Clayton is talking to people nobody else has access to, I'd be surprised if he's right.

Edited by kay_gee

Posted · Report post

I can believe Rex is getting fired but if Snoopy bowl is the reason we are in big trouble with Idzik in charge. Everyone knows Idzik wanted to start Geno. That's the whole reason why Geno started preseason game 3 even though he didn't earn it.

let me guess... 9/11 was an inside job.

Posted · Report post

Its not really shocking. The team once again started faster than it finished and played very inconsistent throughout. You really can't have that three years in a row. If after the 5-4 start the team played well and lost it would be one thing - but they played horrible in some of those games.

Posted · Report post

Some team will be getting an awesome DC pretty soon.