Rex Ryan Is Getting Fired (Speculation Thread)

Lizard King

Will Rex Ryan return as the Head Coach of the NY Jets after this season?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Will Rex Ryan return as the Head Coach of the NY Jets after this season?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lol, yeah, I prefer the putrid offense we watch under Rex to a playoff team who can actually score any day of the week.

You can't make this stuff up.

The dude took NICK FOLES, and made him the #1 rated QB, thats right #1 rated ahead of Peyton Manning, and he has thrown 25 TDS and ONE, thats right ONE int.

As a Jet fan watching Sanchez and Smith the past 5 years, I find this absolutely mind blowing. 25 freaking TD's and 1 int.

Yeah, I'd blow my freaking brains out if this was a Jet QB, because I would think that I must have caught some kind of mind altering disease. Wow.

if the Jets become like a Chip Kelly coached team, I will blow my ****ing brains out.

In fact, I would say the coaching job Kelly has done to turn NICK FOLES, into the TOP rated QB in the NFL, and have this guy, in this offense throwing a mind blowing 25 TDS to 1 freaking int., is the best coaching of a QB by a coach since maybe Holmgren and Favre or Walsh and Montana.

I just cant fathom how good Kelley has made Foles. Amazing coaching stuff.

The point is I could give a sh*t less what you major in, since your minor in Idiot won't get you too far.

You poor, poor uneducated fool. Let me know when you apply yourself towards a science major. Also, sorry for offending you cause I insulted business majors. Did I hurt your feelings? I'm sowwy.

Also, if you think I'm such an idiot, I wholeheartedly welcome you to try one of the Engineering majors. Since you seem to believe that I'm an idiot, a genius like yourself would have no problems lasting through it, would you?

Its not just Brady.

Belichick runs one of the most efficient franchises in the NFL. All the injuries this year and the defense has hung together. A new punter off the street whose been fantastic. The Blount trade is paying off in spades. NE lost both offensive tackles and Mankins has moved to LT and played great. Both starting TEs are gone. The 2013 draft is paying off. Thompkins walked on and is paying off.

It's mainly Brady, every coach looks like a genius, when you have a Hall of Famer at quarterback.

I couldn't disagree more.  I don't think Belichick has anything left to prove.  The guy is an all-time great coach.  Possibly the best ever.

About Belichick being defensive minded? He was.

I don't think he's a bad coach, but a lot of his "genius" is enhanced because of Brady.

You poor, poor uneducated fool. Let me know when you apply yourself towards a science major. Also, sorry for offending you cause I insulted business majors. Did I hurt your feelings? I'm sowwy.

Also, if you think I'm such an idiot, I wholeheartedly welcome you to try one of the Engineering majors. Since you seem to believe that I'm an idiot, a genius like yourself would have no problems lasting through it, would you

Keep making an ass of yourself. Once again no one cares WTF your Majoring in on a football message board. So stop before you embarrass yourself further. Also keep in mind no matter what you learn in college it still has to be applied in the real world and with your smart ass attitude see how far it gets you.You have a hell of a lot to learn although you might not think so.

"LOL. What factual basis is there for a statement like this?" 

You're telling me that Rex Ryan who was the guy behind every roster move of the first 4 years he was coach was banging the table for a viable backup to push sanchez and Mike the cap guy Tannenbaum overruled him? No chance. Rex didn't even think about it. He's completely disconnected from whats going on offense. 

Keep making an ass of yourself. Once again no one cares WTF your Majoring in on a football message board. So stop before you embarrass yourself further. Also keep in mind no matter what you learn in college it still has to be applied in the real world and with your smart ass attitude see how far it gets you.You have a hell of a lot to learn although you might not think so.

I'm making an ass of myself? Really, really now? Who's the douche who jumped in to defend his crush Shane because I called him out on how he insulted a guys intelligence by saying that the guy would fail the GMAT, implying that the GMAT is the holy grail of testing intelligence. Also, contrary to what you seem to be insinuating, I don't believe I'm that smart. However, I do believe I am smarter than you.

PS: While I'm not sure on how white knighting works with guys, I do believe that the general rule is that white knighting someone won't get you laid, especially over the internet. Better try some other method if you want to get in Shane's pants.

I'm making an ass of myself? Really, really now? Who's the douche who jumped in to defend his crush Shane because I called him out on how he insulted a guys intelligence by saying that the guy would fail the GMAT, implying that the GMAT is the holy grail of testing intelligence. Also, contrary to what you seem to be insinuating, I don't believe I'm that smart. However, I do believe I am smarter than you.

PS: While I'm not sure on how white knighting works with guys, I do believe that the general rule is that white knighting someone won't get you laid, especially over the internet. Better try some other method if you want to get in Shane's pants.

Yeah, but no one here is impressed, or cares about, your major. Or wants your advice for bedding T0m (as if it's difficult).

And the GMAT line was a joke. There was no implication outside of the hope of a chuckle. Lighten up.

Yeah, but no one here is impressed, or cares about, your major. Or wants your advice for bedding T0m (as if it's difficult).

And the GMAT line was a joke. There was no implication outside of the hope of a chuckle. Lighten up.

You can't just pass that off as a joke, it was a snide remark and a douchey thing to say. And I do believe Smashmouth did state that I was in no position to question others intelligence, while appearing to insult my intelligence so I brought up my major in attempt to show him how very wrong he was.

A popular sentiment exists that Rex Ryan's 2013 coaching job is one of his best performances, even if it ultimately fell short of a playoff berth.

However, there has been no definitive word from ownership to Ryan on his future, NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported Saturday, according to sources with knowledge of the Jets' thinking. Coaches do not know whether they will be returning.

Rapoport did note that the vibes within the Jets' facility recently have turned positive, even with a string of ugly losses. Ryan and general manager John Idzik have been working well together and getting along.

Ryan has one year remaining on his contract, which would have to be addressed if he were retained.

Owner Woody Johnson has often gone out of his way to display his fondness of Ryan, including thrusting him upon Idzik when the GM was hired last season.

With almost no offensive talent and a scrambled secondary, that Ryan's team eked out seven wins is a testament to his acumen as a defensive coach. The possibility still exists that Idzik will ultimately want to choose his own coach, but the signs emanating out of Florham Park seem sprinkled with optimism about Ryan's future.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000304927/article/rex-ryan-has-uncertain-future-as-new-york-jets-coach

You can't just pass that off as a joke, it was a snide remark and a douchey thing to say. And I do believe Smashmouth did state that I was in no position to question others intelligence, while appearing to insult my intelligence so I brought up my major in attempt to show him how very wrong he was.

For the record, I think you'd pass the GMAT. (You'd fail the f€ck out of the LSAT, though).

Archived