Jets \ Browns: Official Game Thread

Maxman

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i missed every play

did the browns lay down and take an early vacation or did the jets play well ?

It certainly looked like the Browns were playing hard, or as hard they could, the jets just put together an all-around solid game. They were yapping up a storm and Holmes and Winslow, so I have a feeling they weren't laying down for this. I found it promising that some of our young guys looked a bit more consistent and composed out there. I'm sure others will find negatives, but it's a few days before christmas and we got a win, we can save the off-season for that.

For as much publicity as Holmes' benign comments got last week, I find it funny how there's been much less coverage and vitriol spouted off today about Winslow's comments. 

It certainly looked like the Browns were playing hard, or as hard they could, the jets just put together an all-around solid game. They were yapping up a storm and Holmes and Winslow, so I have a feeling they weren't laying down for this. I found it promising that some of our young guys looked a bit more consistent and composed out there. I'm sure others will find negatives, but it's a few days before christmas and we got a win, we can save the off-season for that.

For as much publicity as Holmes' benign comments got last week, I find it funny how there's been much less coverage and vitriol spouted off today about Winslow's comments. 

thanks !    

I don't think the book is written on a rookie with no talent around him who came from a spread offense. I think a QB in round 1 is a mistake.

I agree. I really liked what I seen from Geno today. I didnt like the 1st quarter, but the last 3 quarters for sure. The kid has game. If we get an actual #1 WR, have Kerley kill the slot, Ivory, Powell, Goodson in the backfield and find a couple solid offensive guards...this team could be playoff bound. Today was a pretty good example of what happens when we keep the defense off the QB. if we can get WR who can get separation quickly then that would provide opportunity for Geno to get the ball out even earlier which he's not able to do with this group.

Side note: Dee Milliner was playing the game of his f'ing LIFE today! lmao. Gameball for real! 

Archived