Dee Milliner shut down Gordon

joewilly12

He played much better, but 6 for 97 isn't shut down.

I don't know how many of the plays he was exclusively on him, but Gordon did see 16 targets. Holding campbell to 38% for 97 yards and 0 tds when targeting Gordon is a pretty solid day by Milliner and our secondary, considering what he's done to teams this whole season.

It's good to see.  And while he didn't lock down Gordon like he was Revis09, he also wasn't shadowing Gordon every play all game long either the way Revis would.

He didn't have a perfect game at all, but he made some nice plays and again it was good to see.  Maybe it's blind hope, but when looking at his supposed innate ability and his production as a rookie, he's a prime candidate to make a giant leap forward from year 1 to year 2.

I still believe that a lot of what was hampering him was missing training camp and the pre-season. Once he has a full cycle behind him I hope he'll really start to make that jump.

Agreed, he's progressed noticeably over the past handful of games. 

It's good to see.  And while he didn't lock down Gordon like he was Revis09, he also wasn't shadowing Gordon every play all game long either the way Revis would.

He didn't have a perfect game at all, but he made some nice plays and again it was good to see.  Maybe it's blind hope, but when looking at his supposed innate ability and his production as a rookie, he's a prime candidate to make a giant leap forward from year 1 to year 2.

Yep. 

The Gordon "drops" were all difficult plays to make. It's not like he was standing open in the endzone and dropped one that hit him in the hands.

I was kidding around. I agree.

Millner had a good game, Rex has done a great job turning Milner around and deserves a contract extension for it.

The Gordon "drops" were all difficult plays to make.  It's not like he was standing open in the endzone and dropped one that hit him in the hands.

No they weren't.  He had two in the first half where he was wide open with ball delivered perfectly and he just dropped them.  The one in the end zone had tight coverage but the ball hit him on the hands -- never being touched by the DB.  This was a guy people were going to give up a 1st + 3rd or two 2's for.  Guys at that level catch that ball.  Milliner played well and looked like an NFL corner for the first time, but he has a log way to go before "shutdown" can be used.

Archived