Schefter: Signs point to Rex return

T0mShane

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think the jets can afford to be BPA this year.

If BPA in rounds 1 and 2 are defensive players, our offense will be that much further behind.

You can offset that with a couple expensive free agents on the offensive side of the ball, though. I think that's where they should be more targeted, then do the whole let the draft come to them thing in April.

Schaub is not a FA.  He's due to make $14.5M next year and $17.5M in 2015.  Ouch.

And Mark Sanchez is due $9M next year, and $12.5M in 2015. I don't think either of these guys should be taking out a new mortgage based on those salaries, though.

I don't think the jets can afford to be BPA this year.

If BPA in rounds 1 and 2 are defensive players, our offense will be that much further behind.

So if the Jets use their 50 million in cap space to sign Maclin, J Graham, and H Nicks they can't afford to draft Ha Ha Clinton Dix Safety, J Gilbert CB, D Dennard CB, or even K Mack pass rushing OLB in the 1st round if they are BAP on the Jets draft board?

We can't say for sure what the Jets should do in the draft until we see how Idzik spends the FA $$$$!

If Rex, and MM are retained I would love to see a hopefully healthy Kevin Kolb brought in, some say his concussion is career ending thou, he has 1 more year on his Bills contract, but with Manuel, and Kolbs injury histories I can't see the Bills trusting Kolb as the backup if he is cleared, and symptom free, but the Jets would also need a 3rd option to because of Kolb's injury history, and Geno possibly sucking. Kolb looked great in MM's system in Philly, pair him up with Maclin, and some other talent, and lets see what they can do.

Also if MM stays guys like Schaub, and Cutler don't fit his system IMO so they should be ruled out as possible FA signings.

Yeah. Rex, Mornhinweg, Schaub. Super Bowl.

The joke is on you.

Rex is just like his Daddy.

I think the Jets beat the Pats what 2-3 times from 2001-2008 when Brady started? With Rex the last 5 years 5-6 including 1-0 in the playoffs, with incompetent QB's in all 11 games, so yea you should want Rex fired!

So you think it's "unreal" so your scared of Rex Ryan as the Jets HC, and want to see him fired, pussy Pat fans!

Ive been to Super Bowls. Ive seen the Pats win them too.

Ive been on this board for about 7 years and I know a few here. It would be nice to see them experience the same thing that I have. I think 44 years is long enough to wait for a loyal fan.

I dont believe Rex is that guy to get it done.

Ive been to Super Bowls. Ive seen the Pats win them too.

Ive been on this board for about 7 years and I know a few here. It would be nice to see them experience the same thing that I have. I think 44 years is long enough to wait for a loyal fan.

I dont believe Rex is that guy to get it done.

Sounds like what someone probably said about the Browns back in 1995 saying Belicheck isn't the guy to get it done!

its not that surprising that Idzik and Rex get along. they are both sons of Jets coordinators, currently working in the NFL. If anyone can understand what it's like to be Buddy Ryan's son, it's Idzik. The 2 defensive first round draft picks is also a sign Idzik and Rex were on the same page. The Ed Reed signing? This is not pre-firing behavior.

And Mark Sanchez is due $9M next year, and $12.5M in 2015. I don't think either of these guys should be taking out a new mortgage based on those salaries, though.

Yes so he 100% will be cut, and become a FA, it's 100% happening so I consider him a FA!

Not much of a chance Schaub can get cut until after 2014.  They cut him after the season and they're looking at $10M in dead money and only $4M in cap savings.  After 2014 the dead money drops to $7M with a $10M cap savings.

Schefter VS Glazer, I would believe Glazer 10 out of 10 times over Schefter, I hope Schefter is right thou.

Here's the the thing; Glazer reportd that Wrecks told the troops he had "heard on the street" he was getting the ax and tried to use it as part of a pregame speech to rally the team. Glazer did not say that he had any source inside the Jets saying he would get canned. They both could be correct.

Here's the the thing; Glazer reportd that Wrecks told the troops he had "heard on the street" he was getting the ax and tried to use it as part of a pregame speech to rally the team. Glazer did not say that he had any source inside the Jets saying he would get canned. They both could be correct.

yup and Rex using that in a speech is what makes him an above average coach. Alot of these guys don't even listen to their coaches let alone care about whether they get fired or not. 

I think Rex has a competent offensive staff in place, just no talent on that side of the ball. It's up to Idzik to get him some more.

The big evaluation is what they all think of Geno. Does he need to be replaced or surrounded?

I think Rex has a competent offensive staff in place, just no talent on that side of the ball. It's up to Idzik to get him some more.

The big evaluation is what they all think of Geno. Does he need to be replaced or surrounded?

Totally agree.

What is odd is that for Idzik this is win/win. Gets his owner to keep around a potential scapegoat if it goes to poop, gets another year of really nothing being his fault and then the possibility of telling Johnson "I told you so" at the end of next season. Or perhaps they even luck into a down year by the Pats and a 10-win season.

Objectively though I see NOTHING about Wrecks and Geno Smith indicating they could take advantage of the Pats having a down year. In fact can predict without any doubt this offense, despite MM being a decent OC, is still gonna suck hard.The QB is awful.Smith is at best only going to be a INT prone backup. The HC's ideas about offense make Woody Hayes look like DOn Coryell. You are not winning anything in the NFL trting to eke out 13-10 wins. The defense breaks late in the game and you lose. Defenses eventually given some things up; you have to be able to score 30+ points from time to tine. Wrecks refuses to change. He is his dad.

Sorry to say that for the Jets front office and coaching staff since Parcells(love him hate him whatever) left it's been mostly about cashing a Woody Johnson check regularly that really matters rather than winning. Winning is nice, but secondary and only important if it helps pay your mortgage.

This called FAILING UPWARD.

Adam Schefter tweeted that the signs are pointing towards Rex Ryan returning next year as the head coach of the Jets.  Rex has one year left on his contract after this season ends.

We will have more on this story as it develops.  Be sure to check out fan reaction and read more about Rex Ryan in our

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs
8OhGkVV-v54

View the full article

What is odd is that for Idzik this is win/win. Gets his owner to keep around a potential scapegoat if it goes to poop, gets another year of really nothing being his fault and then the possibility of telling Johnson "I told you so" at the end of next season. Or perhaps they even luck into a down year by the Pats and a 10-win season.

Objectively though I see NOTHING about Wrecks and Geno Smith indicating they could take advantage of the Pats having a down year. In fact can predict without any doubt this offense, despite MM being a decent OC, is still gonna suck hard.The QB is awful.Smith is at best only going to be a INT prone backup. The HC's ideas about offense make Woody Hayes look like DOn Coryell. You are not winning anything in the NFL trting to eke out 13-10 wins. The defense breaks late in the game and you lose. Defenses eventually given some things up; you have to be able to score 30+ points from time to tine. Wrecks refuses to change. He is his dad.

Sorry to say that for the Jets front office and coaching staff since Parcells(love him hate him whatever) left it's been mostly about cashing a Woody Johnson check regularly that really matters rather than winning. Winning is nice, but secondary and only important if it helps pay your mortgage.

This called FAILING UPWARD.

It's a gutless move, and one no doubt orchestrated by the cockroach head coach with Johnson. Rex has been acting like we should hold a telethon for him all season long, and this is his reward. He's got the dipsh*t owner wrapped around his finger, and the owner is going to cave on an extension.

Archived