am I the only Islanders/hockey fan here?

kay_gee

I understand, I was a little disgusted you'd stoop that low at first but then I realized I might sleep with Jordan if given the chance. I just hate the constant crybaby sh*t with him, no denying he's the best but he reminds me of Brady crying for a flag every time he gets touched.

It is really obnoxious. When the Isles played the Penguins back in December I was seeing red. I don't usually blame refs for Isles shortcomings (although some of the calls against the Isles are comically bad), but that game? Pittsburgh was getting the softest calls while Malkin was mugging Tavares all game. It took Malkin crosschecking Tavares face first into the ice in the neutral zone with the puck nowhere near by for anything to be called. I thought I had a brain bleed by the time that game was over I was so angry.

As a Rangers fan I have no idea why the US team picked Stepan over Okposo. Seems like they discount him because he plays with Tavares, but every time I see an Islanders game Okposo is doing great things.

You're right. Tavares makes everyone better and he and Okposo really work well together, but Okposo's really elevated his game the last two seasons. Apparently USA Hockey thought Okposo's game wouldn't translate well to the big ice, but I don't know how they drew that conclusion. Nothing I've seen so far makes me think that would be an issue.

I said when I saw it, "ACL/MCL" damage. whenever a guy goes down when it looks like there shouldn't be much damage, it's ACL/MCL. they won't know officially until tomorrow, but it's not looking good. since it's connected with the Isles, I'll be SHOCKED if it's not the worst case scenario. remember when fans were worried about Vanek being injured? LOL.

know what's going to be fun? two months of Islanders hockey minus Tavares and Vanek with only Okposo for production. it's going to be FUN.

I'm in full on despair mode.

Hopefully Wang wakes up when he realizes what a sh*t team he has other than Tavares. Nobody is going to games for the rest of the year

I went on a tear about this on my twitter account. sad but true. this injury could have been 9-12 months. the Isles (and Tavares) are hugely lucky it wasn't way worse. Snow's comments about the IOC and Olympic hockey today were embarrassing. this injury wasn't Olympic specific. Tavares wasn't in Sochi because he's also a top bobsledder. it could happen to any athlete, in any game, at any time, in any sport. nobody's upset because this happened at the Olympics, people are upset because outside of Tavares, there are very few other reasons to watch the isles, whether people (including Garth Snow) want to admit that or not. that's not on the Olympics, it's on the isles inept front office. losing JT on any team would be rough, but on a team with competent management, it's a setback. with the Isles, it's a reason to consider cancelling all the remaining games. pathetic.

I just bought tickets a few days ago to take my son to a game and the only reason to watch this team play is out for the year.   Looks like he might have his first "embarassed by drunk, beligerent dad" moment.

yeah I'm pretty glad I held off on buying tickets for March.

• 2 weeks later...

Garth Snow is the worst. Islanders fans have less hope than Jets fans.

I'm quitting till they spend above the cap floor and Garth Snow gets fired. They have no excuse not to do either anymore next season.

Either 29 teams are colluding to make Garth Snow look like an a$$hole or he's the worst GM by a wide margin in the NHL

I went through multiple stages of grief the day of the Vanek debacle. they actually got more for MacDonald. they essentially traded Moulson, a first round pick, Vanek and a conditional fifth round pick for a conditional second round pick and a prospect - not even a Habs' top prospect. just an okay one.

Bob McKenzie reported that the Leafs and Wild had made substantially better offers for Vanek but the Isles, surprise surprise, wouldn't retain any salary. McKenzie tends to know what he's talking about, so I believe him.

the only positive to come out of this unmitigated disaster is that the fans are in absolute revolt. even the koolaid drinkers are angry. I'm tempted to walk away again, stop watching games and just kind of halfass pay attention, no matter how much I like Tavares and Okposo. I can't deal with this year after year. I thought things were improving, but last year looks like the anomaly. you're 6 years, almost 7, into a "rebuild" with nothing to show for it except Tavares and Okposo and one first round playoff exit.

I mean, the former owner/current convicted felon who defrauded the team of millions of dollars thinks they're doing a terrible job. if that's not rock bottom, I don't know what is.

Them not retaining salary thing is ******* ridiculous, you needed to do that so contenders could fit him under the cap and bid. Wang doesn't give a sh*t about winning. I was planning on going to a lot more games when they got to Brooklyn cause I thought the penny pinching garbage would end. Im not spending another dime on this team now. Im going to hold the appreciation parade for Tavares when he escapes this sh*t. I don't even want him stuck here anymore

like I said, multiple stages of grief. I really thought that with the move to brooklyn coming, they'd be looking to take on salary to start building something to actually bring to brooklyn.

I should have known better. I really should have known better.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived