Johnson: Rex will be back

stoicsentry

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not a Rex fan, but hard to say he does not deserve to keep his job given the talent he has.  Now.....I would prefer he be kept far away from the draft preparation.  We need some players on the offensive side of the ball.  Rex will have us drafting more D-linemen and corners.  We need o-line and playmakers.

This has to be wrong or else i will be mad as hell.

"According to sources

Idzik compiled a list of potential HCs like Whisenhunt and Bevell. Apparently if it was entirely up to him, he would have fired Rex. Hopefully this doesn’t cause problems.

Founder of the Bilal Powell Fan Club 
Jimmy Garoppolo 2014 
#ScottSalmonDay

"According to sources

Idzik compiled a list of potential HCs like Whisenhunt and Bevell. Apparently if it was entirely up to him, he would have fired Rex. Hopefully this doesn’t cause problems.

Jimmy Garoppolo 2014

#ScottSalmonDay

by Gang Green Gang"

Probably why Woody said it

"According to sources

Jimmy Garoppolo 2014

#ScottSalmonDay

by Gang Green Gang"

It's not wrong at all, this was 100% Woody, Idzik had no say

"According to sources

Jimmy Garoppolo 2014

#ScottSalmonDay

by Gang Green Gang"

He needs to shut up and get Rex talent, if he came here thinking he was going to be the Alpha Dog in Rex and Woody's world he's a fool

It's not wrong at all, this was 100% Woody, Idzik had no say

That is truly ****ed up. Why even bother hiring a GM in that case? Why not go Dallas and do it all by yourself? 

If Idzik wanted Rex back fine, if not, he should go. 

i disagree. idzik's job right now is to inject the jets with a talent infusion

I disagree. That is a part of his job, but Idzik should be able to hire his own HC. Otherwise he is only a GM by name. 

Woody Johnson put an end to any remaining speculation, after the Jets beat the Dolphins, when he told the media that Rex Ryan would be back next season.  Rex Ryan has one year left on his contract, so it will be interesting to see if a contract extension is offered and accepted.  This allows the Jets to immediately begin working on improving the roster for the 2014 season.

You can read more about this in the

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs
qiazdFIEX4o

View the full article

Archived