Johnson: Rex will be back

stoicsentry

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This has to be wrong or else i will be mad as hell.

"According to sources

Idzik compiled a list of potential HCs like Whisenhunt and Bevell. Apparently if it was entirely up to him, he would have fired Rex. Hopefully this doesn’t cause problems.

Founder of the Bilal Powell Fan Club 

Jimmy Garoppolo 2014 

#ScottSalmonDay

Rex just said John and Woody told him before the game he was coming back

This has to be wrong or else i will be mad as hell.

"According to sources

Idzik compiled a list of potential HCs like Whisenhunt and Bevell. Apparently if it was entirely up to him, he would have fired Rex. Hopefully this doesn’t cause problems.

Founder of the Bilal Powell Fan Club 

Jimmy Garoppolo 2014 

#ScottSalmonDay

A fan posted that on the internet.

guessing he's lying then because he said in the presser right before the team came out for the wqrm ups John and Woody told him he would be back.

But of course I'll believe you

All I can tell you is Rex knew yesterday. He told people close to him that he was coming back.

I think I am happy about this.

I'm confused as well.  spent the last 2 weeks expecting him to be fired, and then boom, they look like a real team today.  in the end, keeping morningwood with geno, and having rex coach the defense is probably the teams best option

woody did say "for another year" or something like that, so I expect a very tepid extension.

So it's weird that Woody & Idzik tell Ryan that he's coming back next year, and that upon telling him this, that a contract extension with all the terms & conditions & bells & whistles haven't already been worked out and signed in those 4 minutes.

I guess it would seem weird to someone who's never before signed a contract with anyone and likely hasn't ever seen one before...or ever held a job...or could tell when people were quoting ridiculously famous and obvious movie speeches.

Appreciate the shout-out, but most will think you have poor taste if you like sperm. Pay them no mind. Those haters probably hate ball-hair also.

I was trying to imply you were the crybaby in question but my joke went boom

it was funny in my head

oh well, lol

So it's weird that Woody & Idzik tell Ryan that he's coming back next year, and that upon telling him this, that a contract extension with all the terms & conditions & bells & whistles haven't already been worked out and signed in those 4 minutes.

I guess it would seem weird to someone who's never before signed a contract with anyone and likely hasn't ever seen one before...or ever held a job...or could tell when people were quoting ridiculously famous and obvious movie speeches.

i think its more if they havnt offered him one yet and according to woody he decided to bring rex back 2 weeks ago rex isnt getting an extension

besides signing and being offered a contract is hugely different

i think its more if they havnt offered him one yet and according to woody he decided to bring rex back 2 weeks ago rex isnt getting an extension

No one has offered anyone anything yet. They were still in the freaking stadium. All they said - so far as they've said to the public - is that he's coming back next year. As in, "You're not fired and you are still under contract for next year."

What is there to say publicly? Who announces anything to the media prior to talking with Ryan and his agent privately? Who would do such a stupid thing as announce they want to work out an extension and THEN begin to engage with Ryan's agent and, in doing so, unnecessarily give Ryan the upper hand in negotiations?

There's also that other thing: just because he isn't fired doesn't mean he's getting an extension. All they said so far, effectively, is they're not firing him. Nothing more.

Children, let me explain what happened here. Woody Johnson was a lonely child, raised by butlers and nannies. He went to private schools, had tutors, and grew up a sheltered, shy heir to privilege. It was a sad and torturous existence, compounded by the plight of having no one sympathize with him because of his vast, inherited wealth.

Fast forward 40 years.

Woody Johnson wears a baseball cap with an NFL team logo on it. Sports fans know who he is. Professional athletes shake his hand in public! He finds a roughneck, frat-boy coach who hugs him! It's all very exciting!

Then comes the day when it's time to move on from the ebullient frat-boy coach and move on to a more professional, more isolated gent who might not hug him. Woody was very sad.

But, lo! Manish Mehta concocts a poll for Twitter morons! After a win! And the Twitter morons, copying from each other's test (as morons do!) vote en masse to keep the frat boy as head coach! And they want Woody to deliver this message to the frat boy! What fun!

But in the dark, sterile hallways of the personnel department of Florham Park lurks the evil businessman John Idzik! What is Woody to do? He tells John Idzik, "John, I'm going to tell the frat boy he can stay! Twitter likes him!"

The evil Idzik shudders and bangs his desk. He says, "Woody, we're not going to win Super Bowls this way."

So Woody thinks...and he thinks...and he thinks...and he says,

"John, only one team wins the Super Bowl every year, right?"

And Idzik, suspicious, says, "Yes."

And Woody said, "So that gives us a 1 in 32 chance, right?"

And Idzik, who majored in math at Duke, said, "No, Woody. That's not even close to true."

To which Woody replied, "But I can gain the love of 933 Twitter respondents who said they wanted Rex to come back!"

And, with that, Woody ran a-skipping into the Jets locker room and announced to all the players, burly and small, that Rex would return, and return after all!

And Woody was cheered by those big and mean players, and it was as if he belonged there, in that locker room. And he was happy.

No one has offered anyone anything yet. They were still in the freaking stadium. All they said - so far as they've said to the public - is that he's coming back next year. As in, "You're not fired and you are still under contract for next year."

What is there to say publicly? Who announces anything to the media prior to talking with Ryan and his agent privately? Who would do such a stupid thing as announce they want to work out an extension and THEN begin to engage with Ryan's agent and, in doing so, unnecessarily give Ryan the upper hand in negotiations?

There's also that other thing: just because he isn't fired doesn't mean he's getting an extension. All they said so far, effectively, is they're not firing him. Nothing more.

Rex was asked about that and he laughed.  I think they will announce that he was extended.  But they should work out a shooooorrrt extension.  Rex has a lot to prove so let's not go crazy with a 5 year extension or anything.

its weird how in my post i say i think rex isnt getting an extension then in your post you tell me another option is he isnt getting an extension....

if woody had wanted rex for next year for the past 2 weeks and was going to offer one i think he woulda had it done. I cant imagine rexs agent hadnt been asking for one beforehand so there should be some terms already known

Children, let me explain what happened here. Woody Johnson was a lonely child, raised by butlers and nannys. He went to private schools, had tutors, and grew up a sheltered, shy heir to privilege. It was a sad and torturous existence, compounded by the plight of having no one sympathize with him because of his vast, inherited wealth.

Fast forward 40 years.

Woody Johnson wears a baseball cap with an NFL team logo on it. Sports fans know who he is. Professional athletes shake his hand in public! He finds a roughneck, frat-boy coach who hugs him! It's all very exciting!

Then comes the day when it's time to move on from the ebullient frat-boy coach and move on to a more professional, more isolated gent who might not hug him. Woody was very sad.

But, lo! Manish Mehta concocts a poll for Twitter morons! After a win! And the Twitter morons, copying from each other's test (as morons do!) vote en masse to keep the frat boy as head coach! And they want Woody to deliver this message to the frat boy! What fun!

But in the dark, sterile hallways of the personnel department of Florham Park lurks the evil businessman John Idzik! What is Woody to do? He tells John Idzik, "John, I'm going to tell the frat boy he can stay! Twitter likes him!"

The evil Idzik shudders and bangs his desk. He says, "Woody, we're not going to win Super Bowls this way."

So Woody thinks...and he thinks...and he thinks...and he says,

"John, only one team wins the Super Bowl every year, right?"

And Idzik, suspicious, says, "Yes."

And Woody said, "So that gives us a 1 in 32 chance, right?"

And Idzik, who majored in math at Duke, said, "No, Woody. That's not even close to true."

To which Woody replied, "But I can gain the love of 933 Twitter respondents who said they wanted Rex to come back!"

And, with that, Woody ran a-skipping into the Jets locker room and announced to all the players, burly and small, that Rex would return, and return after all!

And Woody was cheered by those big and mean players, and it was as if he belonged there, in that locker room. And he was happy.

hey-there-i-m-matthew-modine-o.gif

Archived