With the 18th pick in the 2014 NFL Draft the NY Jets Select?

Lupz27

What do you guys think? Can't really go to crazy till after Free Agency, but everyone has a guy they could like that realistically could be available at 18.

FS Ha Ha Clinton Dix, University of Alabama!

After thinking about the signing of D Nelson, and the chance to get a really good WR in Free Agency the Jets will go BAP, and this will help fill a major hole, a big, fast, pass coverage Safety, very good against big WR's, and TE's, and covers a lot of ground in a similar 3-4 Defense like the Jets use.

Other possibilities

If he falls WR M Lee, USC

TE E Ebron, UNC

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would just pick the highest rated offensive skill position player on my board (WR, TE, RB would be the preference in that order). If no one is worthy of that spot, try to trade back. If I can't trade back, I'll take the highest rated OLB, offensive guard, safety, or CB on my board... in that order.

Mike Evans

I love Evans and before our draft position was finalized thought (prayed) there was an outside chance of him dropping to us.  No way at #18.  After Watkins, Evans and Lee all of the remaining WR's have similar draft value and are not worthy of a 1st round pick.  

I would just pick the highest rated offensive skill position player on my board (WR, TE, RB would be the preference in that order). If no one is worthy of that spot, try to trade back. If I can't trade back, I'll take the highest rated OLB, offensive guard, safety, or CB on my board... in that order.

No skill guys worth the 1st round pick will be there at #18. Barnes or Ha-Ha could be the smartest picks, even though they are on the wrong side of the ball.  Plenty of the next group of  WR's and TE's will still be available in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.  

What do you guys think? Can't really go to crazy till after Free Agency, but everyone has a guy they could like that realistically could be available at 18.

FS Ha Ha Clinton Dix, University of Alabama!

After thinking about the signing of D Nelson, and the chance to get a really good WR in Free Agency the Jets will go BAP, and this will help fill a major hole, a big, fast, pass coverage Safety, very good against big WR's, and TE's, and covers a lot of ground in a similar 3-4 Defense like the Jets use.

Other possibilities

If he falls WR M Lee, USC

TE E Ebron, UNC

Dallas will pick up Clinton as they pick before us.

No skill guys worth the 1st round pick will be there at #18. Barnes or Ha-Ha could be the smartest picks, even though they are on the wrong side of the ball.  Plenty of the next group of  WR's and TE's will still be available in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.  

You never know. There's a long time until the draft, and some guys will gain or lose stock. Plus, there's always surprises.

If what you say is true though, I wouldn't mind trading back into the 2nd and acquiring more picks. Who knows, maybe use those extra picks to trade back up into the 2nd and grab 2 2nd round WRs and 1 2nd round TE. Lots of possibilities.

Both of these guys over at CBS sports have Mike Evans falling to 18. Worth it?

You never know. There's a long time until the draft, and some guys will gain or lose stock. Plus, there's always surprises.

If what you say is true though, I wouldn't mind trading back into the 2nd and acquiring more picks. Who knows, maybe use those extra picks to trade back up into the 2nd and grab 2 2nd round WRs and 1 2nd round TE. Lots of possibilities.

If Evens falls to 18 and we could sign Jimmy Graham and another receiver we'd look like an NFL offense for the first time in years

Picking 18th damn, looks like Watkins isn't falling to us unless he blows out his acl or gets busted again. Don't really know who'd I choose there, I imagine Evans is going to be good, but I think he's going to have a quiet couple of years before he catches on due to lack of speed. Lee is a lot like Santonio Holmes talent wise, so I'm not sure how I feel about that pick. Plus, he goes to USC. And we have a bad track record with USC products.

We have the worst offense in the NFL..... SO LETS DRAFT ANOTHER DB!

No wonder you love Rex.

Mike Evans

Walkins, Evans or Lee

Just trying to be realistic, if Watkins, Lee, or Evans is available at 18 sign me up, but I don't think any of the 3 will be available, no RB is worth a 1st round pick, I would be ok with Ebron. Like I said can't go crazy until free agency happens, if we go sign J Maclin, and K Britt we can draft another DB (Safety is as glaring a hole as WR is), and then grab a big possession guy like Jordan Mathews in the 2nd round. If I could have Dix, Mathews, in the 1st 2 rounds after a FA signings of Maclin, and Britt I would be ecstatic! If we do nothing in free agency at WR, then yes I'm on board for trying to get one of the top 3 WR's in a low priced trade up.

normally i would agree with this.....but beating the phags to knock them out of the playoffs is better than a few slots higher in the draft

Yeah. Why wouldn't we want a chance at a top ten player when we can get second tier talent!? Way to go Jets and beat those Dolphins good! Bullies LOL!

Note: Sarcasm.

Yeah. Why wouldn't we want a chance at a top ten player when we can get second tier talent!? Way to go Jets and beat those Dolphins good! Bullies LOL!

Note: Sarcasm.

Lol! F'ng Jet fans. Either want the Super Bowl or the worst record in the league. Anything in between is a failure.

Knocking the fish out of the playoffs was sweet, and having Geno and Milliner perform well down the stretch only bodes well for next year. Mo Wilk was what? The 30th pick in the draft? Just have to draft smart wherever they are.

Lol! F'ng Jet fans. Either want the Super Bowl or the worst record in the league. Anything in between is a failure.

Knocking the fish out of the playoffs was sweet, and having Geno and Milliner perform well down the stretch only bodes well for next year. Mo Wilk was what? The 30th pick in the draft? Just have to draft smart wherever they are.

Yeah, there's really not much difference between the 10th and 20th pick.  We took Dee Milliner 9th last year and he was awful the first 13 or so games of the year, then got Sheldon at 13 and he was a great pick.  Smart teams do well with those mid-round 1st's. 

Absolutely.  I think he will wind up being the best NFL receiver coming out of the top of this draft.  

18? Boy, I tell ya, winning those last two games. Whoo. So awesome.

Why does everyone overrate draft position ?

Think about the best of all time at certain positions: Joe Montana (3rd Round). Ed reed (bottom half of round 1). Emmitt Smith (ok he's not the best ever but he does lead the league in career yards) end of round 1. Jerry rice, bottom of rd 1.

I can give countless examples. I'm sure there are examples with high picks too which just makes my point more that finding stars in the draft really doesn't increase with higher picks with the exception, maybe, of the 1 st overall

Archived