2014 Roster: Draft & Free Agency

Integrity28

Last season, I was able to maintain a thread wherein I tracked all of the additions and subtractions from our 2012 roster. I'm going to take a crack at doing the same this year. I know it's early and nothing will happen for a month or so, but I figured I'd set the bar for myself now... as I sit here... sleep deprived... nursing my coffee and running out of excuses to avoid shoveling snow.

There is obviously more depth at these positions than what I'm showing, but anyone can google "jets depth chart", I'm trying more specifically to visualize what the starting lineups will look like as Idzik takes advantage of all that cap space and those draft picks. I'll also try to note the coaching changes if I can.

Green = re-signed Jets from last year

Red = newly added players

Blue = drafted players

QB - Geno / Mike Vick / Simms / Tahj Boyd

LT - Brick / Ijalana

LG - Winters  / Will Campbell

C - Mangold / Schlauderaff

RG - Colon / Dozier

RT - Giacomini / Oday Aboushi

WR - Decker / Nelson / Hill / Jalen Saunders / Shaq Evans / Quincy Enunwa

WR - Kerley / Salas / Jacoby Ford

TE - Jace AmaroCumberland / Sudfeld / Pantale / Hakim

RB - Chris Johnson / Ivory / Bilal Powell / Alex Green / Goodson

FB - Bohannon

DE - Wilkerson

DT - Snacks / Ellis

DE - Richardson / Douzable

OLB - Coples / Cunningham / Trevor Reilly / IK Enemkpali

LB - Harris / Bellore / Jeremiah George

LB - Davis

OLB - Pace / Garrett McIntyre / Barnes  / Jason Babin

CB - Dimitri Patterson / Walls / Lankster / Ras-I Dowling / Brandon Dixon

CB - Milliner / McDougle / Wilson / Berry / Jeremy Reeves Johnny Patrick

SS - Calvin Pryor / Landry / Bush

FS - Allen / Jarrett

K - Folk

P - 

It's an excellent service you provide here, Ape. Sad, but excellent.

Okay, I'll bite...

Both of us will react each time the Jets make roster move in 2014. One of us will log-on, edit this thread and type in a new players name.

The other will spend anywhere between 2 and 7 weeks per announcement provoking arguments and conjuring narratives of impending doom, all while maintaining a steady undertone of homosexual curiosities.

Please Tom, tell me more about "sad".

Okay, I'll bite...

Both of us will react each time the Jets make roster move in 2014. One of us will log-on, edit this thread and type in a new players name.

The other will spend anywhere between 2 and 7 weeks per announcement provoking arguments and conjuring narratives of impending doom, all while maintaining a steady undertone of homosexual curiosities.

Well played, sir.

Last season, I was able to maintain a thread wherein I tracked all of the additions and subtractions from our 2012 roster. I'm going to take a crack at doing the same this year. I know it's early and nothing will happen for a month or so, but I figured I'd set the bar for myself now... as I sit here... sleep deprived... nursing my coffee and running out of excuses to avoid shoveling snow.

There is obviously more depth at these positions than what I'm showing, but anyone can google "jets depth chart", I'm trying more specifically to visualize what the starting lineups will look like as Idzik takes advantage of all that cap space and those draft picks. I'll also try to note the coaching changes if I can.

QB - Geno

LT - Brick

LG - Winters

C - Mangold

RG - Colon

RT - Howard

WR - Nelson

WR - Holmes

WR - Kerley

TE - Cumberland

TE - Winslow

RB - Powell

RB - Ivory

FB - Bohannon

DE - Wilkerson

DT - Snacks

DT - Ellis

DE - Richardson

OLB - Coples 

LB - Harris

LB - Davis

OLB - Pace / Barnes 

CB - Cromartie

CB - Milliner

CB - Wilson 

SS - Landry 

FS - Reed 

Go buy a snow blower.  Nice thread.

Okay, I'll bite...

This makes me want to buy you a snow blower. 

You think Idzik has Holmes penciled in to start in 2014 right now?

I think he, Harris, and Cromartie all need to rework their contracts (read: take major pay cuts) if they're coming back, with Holmes having almost no chance whatsoever of returning. I'd probably put Hill in his place in your opening post. He has a better than 50% chance to be on the opening day roster, IMO.

You think Idzik has Holmes penciled in to start in 2014 right now?

I think he, Harris, and Cromartie all need to rework their contracts (read: take major pay cuts) if they're coming back, with Holmes having almost no chance whatsoever of returning. I'd probably put Hill in his place in your opening post. He has a better than 50% chance to be on the opening day roster, IMO.

No - the roster I wrote into the opening post reflects "what we have" and I'll do my best to edit it to reflect "what we get rid of and what we add" as that time of year rolls around.

I have to think Holmes is a goner, there's really nothing he brings to the team worthwhile anymore. He's a shadow of his Pittsburgh self in production and an absolute nightmare of a guy to have in one of the youngest lockerrooms in the NFL. I'll add Hill to the opening post though, because I forgot about him this morning tbh.

No - the roster I wrote into the opening post reflects "what we have" and I'll do my best to edit it to reflect "what we get rid of and what we add" as that time of year rolls around.

I have to think Holmes is a goner, there's really nothing he brings to the team worthwhile anymore. He's a shadow of his Pittsburgh self in production and an absolute nightmare of a guy to have in one of the youngest lockerrooms in the NFL. I'll add Hill to the opening post though, because I forgot about him this morning tbh.

If you are going by what we have, aren't there a bunch of FA's?  IIRC, Colon, Howard, Cumberland, Winslow, Reed and Pace are all FA's.  They are all probably more likely to be back than Holmes

If you are going by what we have, aren't there a bunch of FA's?  IIRC, Colon, Howard, Cumberland, Winslow, Reed and Pace are all FA's.  They are all probably more likely to be back than Holmes

It'll all get sorted out when the transactions start taking place. I started the thread pre-maturely, it'll fall off the main page and I'll bump it at the appropriate time with the appropriate updates. 

can I make a humble suggestion ?

I agree we don't need the depth chart, but you  can put off those chores for another good hour by adding all players that are currently under contract through at least this next season, so we can see the more glaring needs

otherwise, thanks for the effort, these threads are cool

can I make a humble suggestion ?

I agree we don't need the depth chart, but you  can put off those chores for another good hour by adding all players that are currently under contract through at least this next season, so we can see the more glaring needs

otherwise, thanks for the effort, these threads are cool

Good suggestion... but my goal is not to replicate what Jason does with his overthecap.com site. My goal is to show what the starting lineup (and important depth) will look like as we transition away from 2013 (which is what is shows now) and into 2014 (which is what I'll update it to).

It'll all get sorted out when the transactions start taking place. I started the thread pre-maturely, it'll fall off the main page and I'll bump it at the appropriate time with the appropriate updates. 

Okay, I will unpin it then for now, thanks.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

heaven help us if a guy whose name rhymes with stick gets hurt (don't even type it  !!!)......season over

9 WR's

11 CB's

4 OT's

3 DE's

lets hope the UDFA class is heavy on the big boys

heaven help us if a guy whose name rhymes with stick gets hurt (don't even type it  !!!)......season over

9 WR's

11 CB's

4 OT's

5 DE's

lets hope the UDFA class is heavy on the big boys

It is altogehter possible that there is more depth at some positions, I did my best to get what I think was up-to-date at the time I started this.

Archived